Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoonSan CoonSan

09-27-2012

I feel like Riot thinks I'm stupid by upping the price of skins but not improving the patches. Another patch comes with ranked being broken, games broken, long queue times, and random DC and bug splats. Eat my dick Riot. Either fire your patching department or get them to learn how to program.

Yea I'm going to give you more of my hard earned money to a company that breaks their game every two weeks. Again fix your problems before being greedy. A$$holes.

FrostyDro

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
1350. It's a cash grab for the inane reason that "it's of a higher quality, therefor it should be more".

I won't buy it.
My exact thoughts. Either you make it a Legendary Skin and ask 1820 or you keep it at 975. We did not ask for the release skin to be any greater than previous ones. They decided to do this and then think well its got more to it, lets charge a little more.

Milanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
The skin takes more trouble to create. The skin needs to have all animations, pallets and whatnot to support his evolutions, hence the skin does evolve.
If this skin needs to have more animations and models and everything to fit the new champion it DOES makes this skin more valuable than other normal skins, just because of the fact that riot needs to work more to produce said skin...
I think the problem here is no notice, no explanation, just doing it. If they had included details about how and why it would cost more. How it was an exception only for champions that evolved in multiple paths, etc.... THEN I'd be okay with it. Just tossing it in casually like we should expect it? Bleh

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I'm not going to buy it. Basically because I'm buying Mustache Trondomere and High Command Kat instead.

JimMaru

09-27-2012

... one single skin is released with a higher price tag and now riot is "upping the price of skins"?
Seriously, it's one single skin. Riot has never released so many skins in a row as they are doing lately and those are all 975 RP skins.
Not only that they are making visual upgrades without charging them on players who already have the champion/skin and without making the price of the remodeled champions/skins higher.
They are making runepages more accessible, thinking about bundle opportunities, revising rune prices, everything and you guys are making all that fuss because of ONE SINGLE SKIN YOU'RE NOT EVEN OBLIGED TO BUY?
People make no sense. That's why I like dogs...

poochiepoo

09-27-2012

The skin isn't even good :/

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
The skin takes more trouble to create. The skin needs to have all animations, pallets and whatnot to support his evolutions, hence the skin does evolve.
If this skin needs to have more animations and models and everything to fit the new champion it DOES makes this skin more valuable than other normal skins, just because of the fact that riot needs to work more to produce said skin...
I find it hard to believe that releasing one skin for a new champ, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, takes more effort than the 2 we used to get. This skin is on par with Arcade Sona, Soulreaver Draven and Full Metal Jayce, which were all 975 RP.

If you like it though, buy it if you think it's worth it. Just don't come back to GD 3-4 months from now complaining about the price of skins.

SireWolf

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Isn't the skin somewhat on a legendary quality standard? And you pay nearly nothing for the champion if you get the bundle? Also Hippalus already answered why the skin is this price.
Bet you can't explain rammus full metal skin price is 975 or sad robot amumu also 975. Or arcade sona which to me is a legendary skin 975.

pokepower778

09-27-2012

bump

Sammystorm

09-27-2012

since they did that with puslefire ezreal