Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weegee7

09-27-2012

Does buying the bundle count?

jokod

09-27-2012

Pulse fire Ezreal is so expensive because it is a "theme" that changes mostly everything.
Legendary skins are expensive because they change some most looks and moves (not the old skins as much).
975 skins can change some moves, but not too much, the newer skins change more things.
520 skins are just old and don't change anything.

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Seriously?
C'mon guys, think about it. This champion by itself is different than others. Kah'zix has the whole evolution aspect on him that needed him to have about 40 animations instead of 20 like the other ones. He has all those evolutions and his animations have to work with all possible combinations of upgrades.
Don't you read the interviews they make before the release of the champion?

They are not testing to see if people would buy things at higher prices. They are testing if, after providing a more enriched content, people would embrace it and just give it the value it deserves. If people don't they will stop making more advanced content and stay with that "NewChamp#120, the AD carry. He auto-attacks really hard".
They are bringing more innovative heroes and you should respect that.

For a champion on complex and hard to balance, I'm surprised the champion price isn't higher also. They only increased the price of the skin because making skins for him will be harder than for other champions. He evolves in a manner like Pulsefire Ezreal, but on this case it's something that all his skins will have to do.

Threads like this makes me sad, you're just basically saying that the game shouldn't try to improve and innovate, saying that all the effort the designers had was garbage to take away your money.

Please, if you have the money to spare and you like the skin just buy it. Give value to the content the rioters worked so hard to make sure it would be awesome to us. If you can't buy it or think it's too expensive, just don't buy the skin. It won't change the way your character plays and there are other new skins being released every patch, buy those instead if you prefer.
Just please, don't make all this fuss just to deteriorate the value of an awesome skin because you can't afford it.

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genspirit View Post
conspiracy theory op
It's Business 101, we're talking basic stuff here. Riot didn't go to making only 6300 champs overnight yet here we are. If a business knows people will pay more for a product they'd be crazy not to raise their prices. If enough people buy this skin Riot will likely raise the price of skins down the road. That's just good business, not conspiracy.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Never buying RP again.

It is silly when we are choosing to support Riot willingly, not out of necessity, and they constantly lower the value of our money. Really silly.
I decided to never buy RP again after PFE. This skin just confirms that my decision was right.

Vanity Blade

09-27-2012

I buy skins only when they are on sale. Even then, it isn't really worth it sometimes.

I never buy skins when they first come out.

ADCisMyReligion

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
Seriously?
C'mon guys, think about it. This champion by itself is different than others. Kah'zix has the whole evolution aspect on him that needed him to have about 40 animations instead of 20 like the other ones. He has all those evolutions and his animations have to work with all possible combinations of upgrades.
Don't you read the interviews they make before the release of the champion?

They are not testing to see if people would buy things at higher prices. They are testing if, after providing a more enriched content, people would embrace it and just give it the value it deserves. If people don't they will stop making more advanced content and stay with that "NewChamp#120, the AD carry. He auto-attacks really hard".
They are bringing more innovative heroes and you should respect that.

For a champion on complex and hard to balance, I'm surprised the champion price isn't higher also. They only increased the price of the skin because making skins for him will be harder than for other champions. He evolves in a manner like Pulsefire Ezreal, but on this case it's something that all his skins will have to do.

Threads like this makes me sad, you're just basically saying that the game shouldn't try to improve and innovate, saying that all the effort the designers had was garbage to take away your money.

Please, if you have the money to spare and you like the skin just buy it. Give value to the content the rioters worked so hard to make sure it would be awesome to us. If you can't buy it or think it's too expensive, just don't buy the skin. It won't change the way your character plays and there are other new skins being released every patch, buy those instead if you prefer.
Just please, don't make all this fuss just to deteriorate the value of an awesome skin because you can't afford it.
Seriously? Your argument is "the skin evolves, so it's worth it".

Incase you didn't notice, every skin they make him for him has to evolve, the champion evolves, not the skin.

I spent $405 on RP. I'm done supporting "Rioters who worked so hard to make sure it would be awesome for us" The only thing they're making sure is making sure I never spend another dime on RP.

ImAPixie

09-27-2012

I refuse to buy a skin of a new champ for 1350. They are just getting greedy even if they say the thing is meant to be 'legendary' how can you make THE FIRST SKIN the legendary skin? Are they planning to never make more skins for him or something? As a fellow player said in response to this champ skin price, "You get greedy in league, you get caught." I am boycotting buying anything until they decide to fix this price. Not spending anymore money on a game that is getting overly greedy on its players.

Jack of Death

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Riot is testing the waters with this new skin. They're upping the price on us to see if we'll still buy it. If everyone buys this new skin we can expect all new skins from here on out to come at the new increased price. Vote with your wallet people, tell Riot this is unacceptable.
Disagreed. This skin is vastly superior to anything they came out with this far.

I don't mind forking over a little bit more for some seriously sick skins.

On the other hand if the skin doesn't live up to the hype, then I won't buy it, simple as that. I like Mecha Kha'Zix and I think it's worth it, it's better than most legedaries tbh.

JimMaru

09-27-2012

The skin takes more trouble to create. The skin needs to have all animations, pallets and whatnot to support his evolutions, hence the skin does evolve.
If this skin needs to have more animations and models and everything to fit the new champion it DOES makes this skin more valuable than other normal skins, just because of the fact that riot needs to work more to produce said skin...