Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fusk4

09-27-2012

If you dont buy it Riot wont have money to upgrade the server and server will keep crashing

Theodocious

09-27-2012

I bought the new bundle and now league is broken and I cant play, **** you riot **** you

MichaeI Jaxon

09-27-2012

God damnit I bought the bundle today and after reading this, I feel horrible for what I've done ._.

Marthμ

09-27-2012

Won't buy.

Villäin

09-27-2012

The skin for a Champion costs more than the Champion itself.
Makes sense.

Noobinizer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

+1, this sucks...

MyManyMinions

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusk4 View Post
If you dont buy it Riot wont have money to upgrade the server and server will keep crashing

Lie. They make more money than most games do.

Happy Decoy

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyManyMinions View Post
Hold on! They get paid to run a VIDEO GAME! You act like Jesus has come back in the form of electronics and that we ought to bow down to the people just like ourselves who play a video game for a living.

THEY ARE PLAYING a VIDEO GAME FOR A LIVING. WE ENABLE THAT EASY LIFESTYLE.

My job is harder and I certainly do not have people like yourself walking around calling other people idiots who don't like it when the store that I work for jacks prices up on items. But when those places jack up prices, it's due to the costs of REAL LIFE TANGIBLE THINGS costing more. It's costing more for every small thing! Shipping costs are in the millions per year for the company I work for. I do ACTUAL WORK.

So no, I don't feel the same as you. I play this game and I have fun with it. But I certainly wouldn't want them to start giving boosts to players who pay money for champions as a secretive way of rewarding them for giving them money for things that are STILL INTANGIBLE.

How can you pay for something that isn't real? Can you charge me for the oxygen that I breathe? Actually, it's not a question of how, but it's a statement of "What is wrong with people?" There are no increased shipping costs for intangible objects that don't actually exist in the world. There are no increased fuel costs. They aren't shipping things to customers or running hundreds or thousands of stand alone stores that all have their own bills to pay and land to pay for. They are a one-site place. maybe a few more, but not thousands. Their expenses are small compared to most other businesses.

Yeah, they can't do what they do for free. I get that. But that's why you have to pay up front for most games. Those games, though, only make their money up front, whereas games like League of Legends are making MULTIPLE TIMES MORE THAN THOSE PAY-UP-FRONT GAMES.

How many of us pay ten or more dollars per skin that we buy? Per champion that we buy? I've paid probably close to $100 for THINGS that don't exist that can ONLY be used for this game. It would be better for we consumers to pay a one time fee of 40 to 50 to 60 dollars max for the game. Then we can do what we please. There would be ways of unlocking the champions without spending MORE money on them.

This is a new age trend seen now in games that make its consumers THINK they are getting a better deal by not paying for the game... when we are all really paying a LOT MORE than we otherwise would.

That is the truth. Is it good or bad? I don't know. I still play the game. But THIS IS THE TRUTH.
Writing code, sculpting models, and painting skins is not "Playing a video game for a living." The very suggestion that making a game is the same as playing it made me cringe. Have you ever written and maintained a large scale piece of software? I have done so on a small scale, and the headaches it caused convinced me to change careers.

MMOs used to be primarily subscription-based, that is to say you had to pay $14.99 or so a month to even play them. Now you have the luxury of connecting and playing completely free of charge, unless you choose to pay for boosting your advancement or for a (purely aesthetic) skin. This skin took a lot more work than most, and so they decided to charge a little more for it. Would you rather they just not make interesting mechanics like evolution, because you're too cheap to pay the price of a sandwich for a (PURELY AESTHETIC) upgrade?

This thread is stupid, whiny, and childish.

Jaghut Tyrant

09-27-2012

Good call.

Menarch

09-27-2012

i can see y they did it seeing how its almost a legendary BUT they been doing the same things with other skins so i still dont like it bought the bundle thought since it was the norm price