Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Your post shows great ignorance. Customers complain that they don't want to spend x amount of money on a product =/= they are spoiled children.

A company that feels entitled to customer sales will go out of business and having customers say NO I WON'T PAY THAT is the best feedback you can get. A company that says OH you won't pay this much then you are spoiled brat is a stupid company.
Entitled much? You are implying that a company needs to charge exactly what the a fraction of their consumers demand(as you can see many of us are fine with the price of 1350). Skins are a bonus perk that you choose to spend money on or not, riot already offers us a kick ass free game where you can buy and play every champion with nothing but in game gold, and you are honestly greedy enough to freak out when they try charging a little bit extra for a skin that has a LOT of extra work put into it?

I guess riot could go back to releasing meh skins like dryad soraka and charge 500 rp for them again if you REALLY want that...

Honestly...

Darkwahn

09-27-2012

Seriously, no one buy the skin. It's nice, but release skins should not be 1350 rp.

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
This is probably an unpopular view for me to have, but I'll go for it regardless.

In the past Riot would release a champ with 2 skins like say, Lulu for example. The problem for them was that it wasn't that profitable in that because champion releases would be 2+ weeks apart, people would easily have the 6300 IP to buy the champ free. Which meant they would look long and hard at the skins in the bundle for the champ. If they were mostly just pallet swaps with minor changes, few people would get them.

Moving on to Draven and Varus, single skin bundles were created with abrupt changes to that second skin to entice people to purchase with actual cash, rather than just toss the accumulated 6300 IP cost for free. This had limited success, but people came back to asking the hard question of "will I make this champion one of my top 5 played? will I really enjoy that skin I'll be spending money on?" - if the player viewed the champ casually, then they'd buy it for free and move on.

Riot had to do something. They're upping the changes / quality on a new champ's alternate skin so that it does look hella cool (from Jayce forward), but in this instance they're trying the "Pay money for this great skin, get the champ almost free."

A complete reverse of this to combat the accumulated IP people have between champ releases is to simply increase IP prices on brand new champs - which everyone would bitterly flame Riot for. Yet they are in the business to make actual money off of these new champs - not have people toss the IP they collected without stress between champ releases to get the new guy for free.
I don't mind if Riot wants to release fewer skins that are higher in quality. The problem is many of the newer champs simply aren't the high quality promised. Soulreaver Draven and Full Metal Jayce aside, the newer skins released with champs have been very underwhelming and aren't really distinguishable from when they'd release 2 skins in the past.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnker View Post
Voted. I won't buy it.
^

If they are reading this thread. Look at my acct. I have a boatload of skins. I won't continue to purchase ANY if they are going to continue to be released at this price.

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatRushVII View Post
Entitled much? You are implying that a company needs to charge exactly what the a fraction of their consumers demand(as you can see many of us are fine with the price of 1350). Skins are a bonus perk that you choose to spend money on or not, riot already offers us a kick ass free game where you can buy and play every champion with nothing but in game gold, and you are honestly greedy enough to freak out when they try charging a little bit extra for a skin that has a LOT of extra work put into it?

I guess riot could go back to releasing meh skins like dryad soraka and charge 500 rp for them again if you REALLY want that...

Honestly...
Riot will charge whatever people are willing to pay for the skin. All I'm saying is that if we don't buy the skin at 1350 RP we don't have to worry about Riot increasing the price of new skins in the future to 1350 RP. Its not a matter of what the skin is worth. Its worth whatever people are willing to pay for it, and if people are willing to pay 1350 RP for skins, that is what Riot will charge. Corporations only listen to money, so if we don't buy the skin we're telling them not to sell us skins at 1350 RP. Maybe the skin is worth it, maybe it isn't. All I know is that if no one buys it, we don't have to worry about this becoming standard practice for Riot.

Talonted Blade

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Riot is testing the waters with this new skin. They're upping the price on us to see if we'll still buy it. If everyone buys this new skin we can expect all new skins from here on out to come at the new increased price. Vote with your wallet people, tell Riot this is unacceptable.
So what you're saying is I should buy it because it's of higher quality and I'm okay with the price for the quality? Okay thanks.

weretybe

09-27-2012

Voted with my wallet. Bought it. Products that take more work, particularly artistic work, should cost more.

PG Bob Chen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Never buying RP again.

It is silly when we are choosing to support Riot willingly, not out of necessity, and they constantly lower the value of our money. Really silly.
I have not bought RP in a while do to Riot's "Everything is bannable" stance on the community and I use to buy a **** load of RP (Literally have a skin for 60%+ of the champs I own). If Riot wants my money they will learn how to do there jobs correctly. Oh and this price increase on a mediocre skin with 2 particle changes is just them spitting on there fans and customers btw. You do not get to increase the price of a "release" skin just because it evolves when it is part of the characters model.

Raziek

Recruiter

09-27-2012

Yall mad.

Bought the bundle.

Xaephros

09-27-2012

/singed