Lux's Face Icon [With Solution]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pandaleon

09-30-2012

bump,

I think that this is a good point as artist we are dependent on silhouette to make the character recognizable? and you can't say that you can't pull it out anymore because you want to match the style. There are a few champions that are zoomed out more than the normal (sona, nid, tf).
The Lux one is not tooo bad since she still has some contrast in it. but morg's is the worst.

BTW: did any one every get confused between the ez and cass icons ingame before?

pandaleon

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryl View Post
I dont know why they didn't just use the vastly superior original Chinese art. I mean just look at how much of an improvement that is over the version they just added.
BTW i LOVE the new art on lux, Its as good as the Chinese except that it looks much brighter and cheerful and lazzory. which is more spot on the character.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Realized that these were cropped like this, to keep the background out.

steak style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

so morello can address this issue but not an actual artist?

iEatCookiez

10-05-2012

Bump , go a little lower to the rack 8D

Dorotheus

10-05-2012

bump

imCero

10-05-2012

agree!

xXGospellXx

10-05-2012

bump!

TifaLockheartFF7

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
Ok...I LIKE THE ART. Its very well done, but it doesn't really match League's other art, I do have a feeling that'll change, so that point is moot.

However, Lux's Face Icon just TERRIBLE! Its nothing but a focus on her forehead and its really heavy near the bottom.

SOLUTION: Just Zoom it out a little bit, show some of her hair to frame her face better, its really off-putting at the moment. Really easy and a small change that would just look much better, and even adds more character.

Image 1 is the current way and image 2 is just cropped with more information.
EDIT: I actually noticed that this way will work better with the circle icon on the minimap as well. ^_^

Please bump and upvote this if you support this small but dramatic change.

Attachment 532855Attachment 532857

By popular request, same treatment.
Attachment 533256Attachment 533257

EDIT:
@9 hours A large response in a very short time ~500 views with ~50 upvotes
@11 hours Morello has entered the building!!
@11 hours ~1800 views 100+ upvotes! Thanks for so much support from everyone ^_^
Added Morgana due to popular request
@14 hours 9000 views 162 upvotes, was hoping IronStylus was going to chime in
@1 Day 20,000 views and 242 upvotes
morgs is ok either way. but yea lux's icon needs a change. your zoomed out idea looks like a reasonably easy fix.

Hardbuttpounding

10-05-2012

Or! Or, hear me out here guys.

They stick with the zoomed in so she looks homicidal, and make it so it slowly rotates during the game. Best Idea NA.