Lux's Face Icon [With Solution]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superalex121

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Tiki Turtle

09-27-2012

Lux looks like a disney princess now O_O

Ricky B0bby

09-27-2012

Riot hates Lux.

ZodiacLegend

09-27-2012

I like the Lux icon, but I hate Morgs. Your version of Morg is much better!

Venova

09-27-2012

@Morello @ Hippalus Why not just add a system where players can choose which splash art / icon they want for a champion. It could cost like 100rp for a token that would let you choose which splash art and icon version you want of whatever champion you spent the token on - it would unlock all past splash art and icons for each skin you owned for that champion, and let you use the icons as summoner icons. It would add a bit more customization and let people differentiate themselves with their favorite champions, and it would end these disagreements over changes to artwork. And of course bring in another purchase option for players. A simple menu tick on the champion's preview page could switch between the available art versions. A little popup menu of of the current icon would expand a list of other available art version icons and the user can choose that way.

Stackingwards

09-28-2012

do the same with Ahri!

Imperfectable

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
What qualifies someone as a professional artist?
A professional is someone who gets paid to do whatever the thing is. A professional artist is, therefore, someone who gets paid to make art. There is a little gray area as far as 'moonlighting' is concerned - technically a professional should have whatever they do professionally as their primary source of income, not supplemental - but it's actually not a particularly complicated subject.

At least, compared to most topics in art.

LordRandomness

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I'll let IronStylus do that because my aesthetic judgment is dumb and meaningless. It's an invalid discussion for me to have at all.

And, I will say, I do trust professional artists more than non-artists to make calls on aesthetic quality.
Surely the important aspect of the art is how well it is received by the audience, though? I can understand getting professional opinions before artwork is released, but once it has been isn't the last word on how good it is how the audience receives it?

And, as a League player and part of that audience, aren't you therefore entitled to offer your personal opinion on the artwork? (Not as a Riot staff member, of course, but as someone who the artwork is aimed at)

I should clarify that I mean "good" in the sense of "effective at what it does", not in the sense of "technically impresssive". I agree the two concepts are different and art can be unpopular with the masses yet still an excellent piece of craft to those who understand it, but that's not really a concern here.

Cattington III

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRandomness View Post
Surely the important aspect of the art is how well it is received by the audience, though? I can understand getting professional opinions before artwork is released, but once it has been isn't the last word on how good it is how the audience receives it?

And, as a League player and part of that audience, aren't you therefore entitled to offer your personal opinion on the artwork? (Not as a Riot staff member, of course, but as someone who the artwork is aimed at)
agreed, it would be a bit weird if one were to only judge films based solely on what film-makers say for instance. it might even represent a bit of a conflict of interest.

Imperfectable

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
* Splashes should be intricate, high-detail renders of characters so you can get a cool idea of who they are and what they do. It's basically shippable concept art! It's job is to look super sweet.
Just so you know, that word doesn't mean the same thing to the internet that it means in a game design meeting.