Novo, the Occult Duelist

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

08-21-2013

Before you do anything, please read this. I'm aware that people will be viewing this thread. If you're coming here, please tell me what you think of it. If you're here to read the concept, I'd like you to leave 100% honest feedback. I can take it, trust me. If you have any suggestions that will aid in character depth, or to balance his stats or skills, let me know.
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Champion Review Thread here!!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2191347

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1000+ views! Awesome! Thanks for the views guys!
2000+ views! Thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it up!
3000+ views! Getting up there! Let's keep climbing!!

+9 thumbs! Thanks you guys!

*All similarites to other champs are coincidence and your paranoia getting to you!

Novo is a ranged caster, used mainly for poking and chasing down single targets, and when in his secondary form, becomes a bursty melee, AP Assassin, able to chase down and secure targets, as well as escaping from harm with ease.

Role: Mage, Fighter

Overview:
Health: Average

Attack: Low

Difficulty: High

Spells: High

Recommended Items:
Sorceror's Shoes, Nashor's Tooth, Abyssal Scepter, Laindry's Torment, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass
Name:  sorcerers-shoes.png
Views: 2668
Size:  3.5 KBName:  nashors-tooth.png
Views: 2652
Size:  3.5 KBName:  abyssal-scepter.png
Views: 2654
Size:  9.2 KBName:  liandrys-torment.png
Views: 2658
Size:  8.9 KBName:  rabadons-deathcap.png
Views: 2683
Size:  3.8 KBName:  zhonyas-hourglass.png
Views: 67042
Size:  4.1 KB

Recommended Summoners:
Name:  ignite.png
Views: 2639
Size:  5.2 KBName:  flash.png
Views: 2627
Size:  12.9 KB

Stats:
Health: 415 (+85.00/lvl)
Health Regen: 4.4 (+0.59/lvl)
Armor: 12.00 (+3.25/lvl)
Magic Resist: 30.00 (+1.25/lvl)
Attack: 49 (+3/lvl)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+1.7%/level)
Mana: 250 (+50.00lvl)
Mana Regen: 7.0 (+0.55/lvl)
Range: 550
Speed: 335

*Novo's Human basic attacks consist of him throwing small daggers off his belts.
*Novo's Human critical strikes consist of him throwing the daggers whilst turned around. (So he throws them from behind his back)

*Novo's Bladed basic attacks are full armed, heavy swings, and stabs in a regular sword fighting motion.
*Novo's Bladed critical strikes consist of him stabbing with both arms at the same time.

Ability Set:

Name:  novo-passive.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  2.5 KB
Sharpened Senses (Innate):
Every time Novo toggles Human Arms/Bladed Arms, his next basic attack or ability will ignore 10%/20%/30%/40% of the target's Magic Resist.

The scaling of Sharpened Senses increases at levels 6, 11 and 16.

Name:  novo-skill-q-1.jpg
Views: 2238
Size:  4.7 KB | Name:  novo-skill-q-2.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  4.0 KB
Blade Storm / Cleave in Twain (Q):
Blade Storm: Novo grabs several daggers from his belt, throwing them in a line, damaging all enemies in front of him, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.6 per ability power) magic damage.

Cleave in Twain: Novo scissor chops target enemy, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 (+0.9 per ability power) magical damage, plus 4% (+1.5% per 100 AP) of the target's missing health.

Mana Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 Cooldown: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds Range: 600 // 400

Name:  novo-skill-w-1.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  2.7 KB | Name:  novo-skill-w-2.jpg
Views: 2233
Size:  4.7 KB
Hinder / Converge (W):
Hinder: Novo throws two jagged daggers at target enemy champion, striking them in the legs, dealing 60/95/130/165/200 (+0.2 per ability power) magical damage and slowing their movement speed by 30% for 2.5 seconds.

Converge: Novo leaps to target enemy, grabbing them and stabbing them into the ground, dealing 65/100/135/170/205 (+0.6 per ability power) magical damage and snaring them for 1 second.

Mana Cost: 70/70/70/70/70 Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds Range: 600

Name:  novo-skill-e-1.jpg
Views: 2238
Size:  4.6 KB | Name:  novo-skill-e-2.jpg
Views: 2232
Size:  4.7 KB
Fleet of Foot / Disperse (E):
Fleet of Foot: Novo takes off in a sprint, granting him 20%/25%/30%/35% bonus movement speed and ignores unit collision for 1.5 seconds.

Disperse: Novo spins aggressively with his arms outstretched, dealing 60/95/130/165/200 (+0.5 per ability power) magic damage and knocking back enemies within 350 range.

Mana Cost: 55/65/75/85/95 Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds Range: 350

Name:  novo-skill-r.jpg
Views: 2248
Size:  4.8 KB
Bladed Arms / Human Arms (R):
TOGGLE: Novo transforms his arms into twisted blades, granting him access to bladed abilities. While using Bladed Arms, Novo becomes melee and loses 425 range, and gains 10%/15%/20%/25% attack speed.

Novo begins with one rank in Bladed Arms / Human Arms and can increase it at levels 6, 11 and 16.

Cooldown: 5 seconds

Lore:

Novo, the son of a Demacian noble, was kidnapped by Zaunite mercaneries en route to a publicity trip in Piltover. Despite efforts from both Caitlyn and Vi, he was never found and pronounced dead.
Upon being brought back to Zaun by the mercenaries, Novo took a chance and fled from his captors; he ended up in a vacant lab owned by Warwick. The Zaunites followed him in, and during the scuffle Novo found himself knocked into a table of chemicals. As he began to scream, the Zaunites assumed him to be dying and left.
Days later Novo woke up to searing pain in his arms. They were rapidly changing form, coagulating between his normal hands and rough, skin-like edges. With the realization that he could not go home in his state , he spent his days trying to understand and exploit his condition.
In his adult years Novo became a vigilante, and set his sights on murdering his old captors and their followers. One day, while listening in on his target, Novo heard him talking about Warwick, Singed, and their involvement in the League of Legends. He set out to join in hopes of finding a cure for his condition so that he might finally seek out his former life.

(Props to summoner: Lythicos Ra for the awesome lore. )

Possible Quotes:

"Warwick and all of Zaun will pay for what they've done to me. I can never return home until I'm finally avenged." -- Novo

"I didn't come to the League to make friends, or to find a greater outlook on life. I came here to cure my ailment." -- Novo

Appearance:

Name:  novo-1.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  137.5 KB
(Art courtesy of 'noxikon')

Novo's hair, is medium length, aimed more toward the front, and is completely white, except for a small black streak of hair that hangs over his right eye. Interestingly enough, his eyes share two colours. His left eye is pale, and bright blue. Full of innocence, and as piercing as the blue sky. Meanwhile his right eye, converged with darkness and sickness, has taken on a deep, cold red. The only thing residing in his right eye is lifelessness and hatred.
His armor, as he is a mage/duelist, is a mixture between noble armor and belts filled with archaic daggers, one strapping along his chest, while three hang from his waist.
However, when Novo changes into his Bladed form, his hair loses some length in the back, turning to a short spikey look, turning pitch black, the exception of a small white streak, which falls just above his left eye. His cape becomes slightly tattered and ripped, the wind magically keeping it billowing. His chest armor remains the same, but the noble, and innocent glow disappears from the metal. It is instead replaced by a faint dark aura.

Skin Ideas:
Open to any ideas you guys have.

Tips and Tricks:

Playing with Novo:
- Novo has two forms, so be sure to utilize it properly. When late game hits, turning into your Bladed form will give you a lot of hybrid penetration, so make sure to maximize your damage output.

- Cleave in Twain does high damage plus damage based on their current health. Make sure to use it as a finishing move when an opponent gets low.

- Novo's kit is designed for chasing down opponents, due to his speed boost, and gap closer. Use his kit to jump to the back and focus the carry.

Playing against Novo:
- Novo has a high burst kit, so if you're the carry, make sure your team has proper protection for you. Otherwise, he can sneak in and burst you down.

- I always hate when people say this, but CC is strong against him. Being a (sometimes) fragile champion himself, focusing him is always a good idea.

Speech and Hotkeys:

Novo's Monologue = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCiOhK3DVVQ
(This is a monologue I recorded for Novo, so that you could hear his voice.. and hear his story)

*Novo has a soft spoken, noble, yet cocky voice when in Human form.
*Novo has an underlying anger in his voice, while being slightly demonic and pitched when in Bladed Form.

Upon Selection:
"My time for redemption has finally come."

Movement:
"I'm here for one reason.."
"Let's get this battle over with already."
"They've got to be around here somewhere.."
"Step lightly.."
"What lies ahead..."
"I need an answer..."

Attacking:
"One quick strike is all it takes.."
"Careful.. You're bleeding."
"You'll feel that tomorrow."
"Aww.. Did that hurt?"

Upon casting 'Hinder':
"Not so fast."
"Where do you think YOU'RE going?"
"Slow it down!"

Upon casting 'Bladed Arms':
"Time.. to unsheath."
"No more holding back!"

Upon casting 'Human Arms':
"Weapons.. concealed."
"Back... to normal..."

Taunt:
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killers hand!" *as he says hand, he transforms one of his arms into a blade*

Joke:
*fiddles with his nails, before transforming one of his arms into a blade* "Whoa.. I need to trim my nails.."

Dance:
Still to be decided.**

Upon Death:
Novo places his fists facing inward against his chest, transforms his arms, and shoots his blades into his chest before falling to the ground.

- - -

Like I said, I am open to any sort of ideas on balancing, tweaking and other such things. So PLEASE leave your input. It'll help make them perfect.

And in payment for your feedback, please feel free to leave your OWN ideas, so that we can help each other.
- Gjom

Gjom

08-21-2013

Change Log
August 21, 2013
- Novo added!
- Edited Lore to credit author.
- Fixed broken icons
- Reduced Hinder's base damage to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/100/140/180/220.
- Reduced Cleave in Twain's percentage of health damage to 4% from 6%.
- Removed damage cap on minions from Cleave in Twain.
- Reduced Disperse's base damage to 60/95/130/165/200 from 80/115/150/185/220.

August 22, 2013
- Reworked Sharpened Senses to allow scaling penetration based on level, rather than a flat rate of 20%.
- Artwork added to Appearance section. Courtesy of 'noxikon'

August 23, 2013
- Renamed Pressure Wave to Blade Storm. Wording changed as well, but ability remains the same.
- Reworded Fleet of Foot to fit Novo's ideals better. (Went from hovering to dashing, to better suit his duelist character).
- Added Novo's Monologue to the Speech and Hotkeys section.

August 26, 2013
- Added icons to skill set. (Thank you CRAZYRUSSIAN from "hiveworkshop.com" for the icons.)

August 31, 2013
- Fixed Cleave in Twain so that it deals Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- Fixed Converge so that it deals Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- Increased Hinder's base damage to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/90/120/150/180.
- Reworked Hinder's slow percentage to a flat 30% from 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%.
- Removed the passive Magic Penetration from Human Arms/Bladed Arms and increased passive Attack Speed to 10%/15%/20%/25% from 7.5%/10%/12.5%/15%.
- Reworked Sharpened Senses so that both forms will ignore Magic Resist. In addition, changed the scaling on the Magic Resist ignore to 10%/20%/30%/40% from 5%/10%/15%/20%.
- Increased the range on Cleave in Twain to 400 from 330.
- Increased base damage on Cleave in Twain to 50/75/100/125/150 from 20/30/40/50/60.

Arty0m

08-21-2013

I love the idea of Novo, but he has too many slows and knockbacks, plus he has a very high natural magic penetration. By chaining Hinder, Disperse, Converge, and Cleave in Twain, very few opponents will be able to survive against Novo in the laning phase for long.

I would suggest:
- Lower the base amount of missing health Cleave in Twain deals damage for to 4%, and remove the cap versus minions

- Change Hinder to add +30 magical damage per point spent instead of +40, starting at the same point it does now

- Remove the Knockback from Disperse

This lets him still be a great laner and assassin with his great slowing power and magic penetration, yet prevents him from pushing around his laning opponents and securing kills most other champions wouldn't in the early game.

Also, I would change his Pressure Wave to Blade Storm, which does the same thing, but throws out 5 - 10 daggers instead. It works better with Novo's character as a duelist, rather than a blast of air.

Fleet of Foot should act more like a sprint, also to keep with the idea of Novo as a duelist. Hovering is for magicians, not for Novo.

I give this idea an 8/10: It's a great plan, and seems very polished for how early it appears to be in development. I would most likely get this champion if it was in the market.

Gjom

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty0m View Post
I love the idea of Novo, but he has too many slows and knockbacks, plus he has a very high natural magic penetration. By chaining Hinder, Disperse, Converge, and Cleave in Twain, very few opponents will be able to survive against Novo in the laning phase for long.

I would suggest:
- Lower the base amount of missing health Cleave in Twain deals damage for to 4%, and remove the cap versus minions

- Change Hinder to add +30 magical damage per point spent instead of +40, starting at the same point it does now

- Remove the Knockback from Disperse

This lets him still be a great laner and assassin with his great slowing power and magic penetration, yet prevents him from pushing around his laning opponents and securing kills most other champions wouldn't in the early game.

I give this idea an 8/10: It's a great plan, and seems very polished for how early it appears to be in development. I would most likely get this champion if it was in the market.
All he has is one slow, one snare and one knock back, which isn't too much. Champs either have CC or gap closers, I chose the CC route. :P

The only thing I don't agree with is getting rid of the knockback on Disperse. It's his only "escape" method in his Bladed form. He doesn't have any escapes in that form, so it gives him a second chance if he dives in and gets caught out. :3 I might change the Converge wording, so that it's champions only, so he can't snare to a minion and get away that way..

I will lower the base health damage, definitely, thank you. I just but a FAIRLY low yet still high enough amount to get people to debate over it, so I will 99% be changing the health percentage.

And okay, the other one sounds fair to me. :3

Thank you very much for the feedback, and thanks for the 8/10 rating! It's nice to know my idea was a good one.

Arty0m

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
All he has is one slow, one snare and one knock back, which isn't too much. Champs either have CC or gap closers, I chose the CC route. :P

The only thing I don't agree with is getting rid of the knockback on Disperse. It's his only "escape" method in his Bladed form. He doesn't have any escapes in that form, so it gives him a second chance if he dives in and gets caught out. :3 I might change the Converge wording, so that it's champions only, so he can't snare to a minion and get away that way..

I will lower the base health damage, definitely, thank you. I just but a FAIRLY low yet still high enough amount to get people to debate over it, so I will 99% be changing the health percentage.

And okay, the other one sounds fair to me. :3

Thank you very much for the feedback, and thanks for the 8/10 rating! It's nice to know my idea was a good one.
As an escape mechanism, I think that the knockback in blade form would work, however most people would use it to knock the enemy back and continue fighting instead. If you wanted to keep the knockback, I think it would be doable, though the damage should probably be lowered, as it is supposed to be used as an escape mechanism.

Thanks for the reply

Gjom

08-21-2013

Quote:
As an escape mechanism, I think that the knockback in blade form would work, however most people would use it to knock the enemy back and continue fighting instead. If you wanted to keep the knockback, I think it would be doable, though the damage should probably be lowered, as it is supposed to be used as an escape mechanism.

Thanks for the reply
No problem. I try to reply to people as much as I can. xD

And okay, I can reduce the damage. It CAN also be used as a good tactic for ganks? Novo would jump in with his snare, and then walk in front of them, knocking them farther from their turret.

Reduced damage seems to be the way to go though.

Arty0m

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
No problem. I try to reply to people as much as I can. xD

And okay, I can reduce the damage. It CAN also be used as a good tactic for ganks? Novo would jump in with his snare, and then walk in front of them, knocking them farther from their turret.

Reduced damage seems to be the way to go though.
Yeah, I think that would work... now Riot just needs to see this character idea :P

Gjom

08-21-2013

Quote:
Yeah, I think that would work... now Riot just needs to see this character idea :P
I wish. T_T

I have so many good ideas, if I had myself and a small team of people, I'd be pumping out SO many good champions. xD

HIRE ME RIOT. I'LL MOVE TO CALI IF YOU WANT. ♥

Nhan Fiction

08-21-2013

Cool concept.

Caessia120

08-21-2013

I really love the lore and the look for Novo. I appreciate how you connect him with other champions. I also like the idea of him having two forms (in which his secondary form isn't an animal. This is a refreshing new character and I would definitely buy this champion. I hope Riot gets a look at your ideas. Keep up the good work.

12345 ... 9