1380?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantrix

09-23-2010

In the store, Digital Collector's Pack bundle, it lists a bunch of champions, 4 runes, 1 skin, and a number...1380. But it doesnt say what that number is. The cost of the bundle is 3900 riot points. Is the 1380 leftover riot points? Or maybe IP? Something else?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-23-2010

You get 1380 riot points from the bundle. This is to match the retail box copy

Watercolour

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
You get 1380 riot points from the bundle. This is to match the retail box copy
^

The retail box copy sold in stores was basically just the code for this item, but the box copy also came with a $10 Riot Points card. Hence, 1380 RP.

Kantrix

09-23-2010

Interesting. So if I were to buy the 7200 riot point package, I could then buy the digital collectors pack at 3900, get refunded 1380 (7200 - 3900 + 1380), leaving me with 4680 riot points, allowing me to buy the champions bundle as well. (Without that, 7200 - 3900 = 3300, not enough for the 3410 of the champions bundle.)

Is all that correct?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-23-2010

Math looks right to me

Watercolour

09-23-2010

Yep, then you could use the extra bit of riot points to buy skins, champions (although most of them are a bit pricey to buy individually with RP), bundles, etc. If you plan on using RP to buy champions though, the two bundles are definitely the way to go.

Keep in mind the two bundles only unlock the original 40 champions, 20 each. If you follow the list of champions here (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champions), you'll unlock everything down to Zilean. Champions after that aren't part of any bundles.

Kantrix

09-23-2010

Sweet, thanks guys. Now I just have to decide if it is worth investing hard cash into this game. I will restrict IP purchases to the heroes current not in either package.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-23-2010

I definitely recommend the collectors pack. Solid champions, a few runes, and a skin.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

I recommend buying it in a store, it's $10 cheaper ($20 for the box in a store, $30 online) and you still get the $10 in RP. From there it's only another $15 in RP for the second pack.