Adding lane/job choices to champ selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

10-12-2012

Bump.

Zer0blizzard

10-13-2012

Bump.

Zer0blizzard

10-14-2012

Bump.

Duskdeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Role queueing is based on the idea that the meta will never change and that we never want it to. Neither of which are true.

Zer0blizzard

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskdeep View Post
Role queueing is based on the idea that the meta will never change and that we never want it to. Neither of which are true.
So you're saying that there will be a time when laning and jungling will be useless and the meta will reflect that.

I think you guys are confusing the ideas of a meta and core concepts (there's probably a better singular term to describe core concepts). A meta is how the community tactically accomplishes the goals related to the core concepts. The core concepts of laning and jungling, however, are fundamental to the game.

Tanzil

10-16-2012

agree this is a good idea.

Daynen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

while I do encourage thinking outside of the metagame, I do understand it exists for a reason, and that reason is that skilled players have spent time optimizing their win chances, in much the same way football teams have a classic set of plays that they build off of. They exist, because they work.

that said, I am in favor of -SOME- incarnation of this idea, if only to aid us in expressing our desire to fulfill a certain role or lane. If nothing else, allow us to use that little profile message in the lobby as a longer, yet still brief, description of our preferred role? It wouldn't have direct effects on matchmaking, but it would save us time in chat by just reading a little on people's bio (though it could actually take longer that way, hmmm.....) Needs research and development, but a beneficial concept nonetheless.

Zer0blizzard

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynen View Post
while I do encourage thinking outside of the metagame, I do understand it exists for a reason, and that reason is that skilled players have spent time optimizing their win chances, in much the same way football teams have a classic set of plays that they build off of. They exist, because they work.

that said, I am in favor of -SOME- incarnation of this idea, if only to aid us in expressing our desire to fulfill a certain role or lane. If nothing else, allow us to use that little profile message in the lobby as a longer, yet still brief, description of our preferred role? It wouldn't have direct effects on matchmaking, but it would save us time in chat by just reading a little on people's bio (though it could actually take longer that way, hmmm.....) Needs research and development, but a beneficial concept nonetheless.
Kinda wondering why you like -some- incarnation, but considering you still agree it's a timesaver and an organization tool, thanks.

Zer0blizzard

10-30-2012

Bump.

Zer0blizzard

11-01-2012

Bump.