Include turret kills in tab HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

02-07-2013

Turret kills matter enough to be important for determining someone's skill. Include them.

Zer0blizzard

02-08-2013

Bump.

TheFinalAeon

02-09-2013

Indeed they do. Except that too often scumbag minions steal the turrent kill. Or more than one person is working on the tower at the same time (like in Bot lane). How do you propose to handle these situations?

Zer0blizzard

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post
Indeed they do. Except that too often scumbag minions steal the turrent kill. Or more than one person is working on the tower at the same time (like in Bot lane). How do you propose to handle these situations?
Good questions.

Here's how it would break down:
If players did the majority of damage to the turret: divide the total damage by players by the number of players doing damage. If a player did more than that number, then they get a turret kill marked on their scorecard. If they did less, they don't. While this may seem harsh, keep in mind that there is ABSOLUTELY no way of identifying who is a good turret killer without looking at a full game replay or going through gold counts with a fine tooth comb (good luck find that information without the post-game report or the game replay). Also remember that even if a player doesn't get a turret kill mark on their scorecard, that they are still killing a turret with a teammate; which is almost always a great thing for their team.

If players did not do the majority of damage to the turret, (minions did the damage instead, which only happens when champions push lanes then leave them to gank), but players still did damage, then only the player that did the majority of the team's damage against that turret gets the turret kill. The logic behind this is that if minions did the majority of the damage against the turret, then that turret was most likely going to die simply because of minions anyway, and the players are basically speeding up the process, as compared to the conventional players kill lane opponents, then quickly kill tower when the minions would not have been able to do enough damage before said dead lane opponents returned.

Zer0blizzard

02-12-2013

Totally not a bump.

Pteriforever

02-12-2013

Just do the same thing as with champion kills; if one or more champions have dealt damage to the turret within the past 10 seconds, then the kill belongs to the most recent one. Otherwise, the minion gets the kill.

awkwardbowman

02-12-2013

I personally wouldn't want this. I use the numbers to determine how much gold they probably have. Turrets give global gold as opposed to kills that give individual gold. Imagine a game with no kills, but someone gets 9 turret kills. That would make them seem fed even though they have the same amount of gold as everyone else on their team.
If you want to count turrets, I would also have to say you count Dragon kills and Baron kills, but I'd have the same issue.
There's already a note about turret kills in the scoreboards anyway, they don't need to be in the HUD. I do agree it'd be nice if it was not given to a minion most of the time simply because you were off by 5 damage, but putting it as a kill seems too much.

Zer0blizzard

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteriforever View Post
Just do the same thing as with champion kills; if one or more champions have dealt damage to the turret within the past 10 seconds, then the kill belongs to the most recent one. Otherwise, the minion gets the kill.
You haven't heard of killstealing, or you don't think it's a big deal. Going by most recent attack isn't fair because you can KS a turret. LOL should be about entire effort, not the last one to kill something.

I disagree with you on all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
I personally wouldn't want this. I use the numbers to determine how much gold they probably have. Turrets give global gold as opposed to kills that give individual gold. Imagine a game with no kills, but someone gets 9 turret kills. That would make them seem fed even though they have the same amount of gold as everyone else on their team.
If you want to count turrets, I would also have to say you count Dragon kills and Baron kills, but I'd have the same issue.
There's already a note about turret kills in the scoreboards anyway, they don't need to be in the HUD. I do agree it'd be nice if it was not given to a minion most of the time simply because you were off by 5 damage, but putting it as a kill seems too much.
There's a big difference between stream HUD/replay HUD and in-game current HUD. I'm almost positive that there is no turret kill indicator (nor is there total gold) on the current in-game HUD. I'm not saying that it should count for a kill (as in K-D-A), but it should be noted somewhere on the scorecard.

Zer0blizzard

02-14-2013

Waiting for responses.

awkwardbowman

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
There's a big difference between stream HUD/replay HUD and in-game current HUD. I'm almost positive that there is no turret kill indicator (nor is there total gold) on the current in-game HUD. I'm not saying that it should count for a kill (as in K-D-A), but it should be noted somewhere on the scorecard.
well if THAT's the case then I'd love that. Just an extra little tick or something could be cool. So long as it isn't part of that KDA.