Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morello on Twisted Treeline:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akkina

09-27-2012

Originally Posted by Morello View Post
-snip-

Directionally, we want League to be around a long time. We want long-time players, meaning we need to keep strategies and the game fresh. Champions and Balance are good tools here, but you're right that there are many more - some of those up our sleeves at the moment. It's easy to see Champions and Balance because they happen so frequently, they warp time perception around other things. Did you know we released Dominion about a year ago? ARAM is pretty new to League too. When we release content so often, it makes everything else seem like an eternity (even if it's not actually "too long&quot.

Riot is about one thing from a game standpoint; Long-engagement, serious PC games for PC game players. No churning out things to maximize short-term and burn long-term, no product abandonment, etc. We're all PC gamers, and want to make those kinds of games - the ones we'd always wanted a company to make.

Me: Okay, I don't mean to call you out or anything Morello, but TT has seen 0 balance or.. well, any changes, in well over a year. I'd call that product abandonment. I rarely play the map because it's too hard with the level one jungle being terrible for 90% of the champions capable of jungling, and the horrible minion pathing near the final turret. I know a lot of people have brought this up before, and I was wondering if you might be able to share an answer other than "Soon(TM)"? I know it isn't the competative scene, but a lot of casual players only have X amount of hours to play a week, and coordinating that play time with friends makes getting a ranked 5's team nigh-impossible with five different job schedules to work around.

Quote:
Morello:
The problem is we've had a really hard time figuring out how to do some of this stuff, I'm admitting that. Abandonment would be making a sequel everyone has to move to, where this is a development inefficiency that has led to a lack of support (which we're fixing).

I will say it's worth the wait, and it's Sooner than Soon(tm)

Me: So you do have a team working (or at least thinking) about ways to update TT? I love the design of the map, it's just been so long since anything's been done with it that it's kind of difficult to play; especially since we've been spoiled with the new SR jungle while TT has the golems that will kill you at level one if you don't smite and focus one right away. D:

Quote:
Morello:
Yes!

Best BeatwiferNA

09-27-2012

id love to see the jungle become more manageable level one. dragon and baron increase difficulty as players level. it doesnt seem like thats the case with major buffs in tt. maybe it should be? i could certainly agree as to some changes being needed.

Akkina

09-27-2012

I seriously think they should just revamp the jungle entirely like they did with SR. Maybe not clone the update, but it definitely needs to be tweaked, especially considering how the junglers are tuned for SR's jungle, which is significantly easier than TT's.

Tiberius Steele

09-28-2012

Stop crying, go play normals and learn how to jungle. If you're playing with friends get them to leash for you; most pubs will leash if you ask nicely. Jungling in Twisted Treeline is no different from SR, get level 2 and gank a lane. If the enemy jungle ganks and you're nearby go counter gank.If you see the enemy jungler in a lane or near a ward ping it, if you can gank him do it, if not take a camp on his side if it's safe.TT is exactly the same as SR you just need to pay more attention to enemy agression because of the small map size, wards are essential.

Akkina

09-28-2012

Quote:
Tiberius Steele:
Stop crying, go play normals and learn how to jungle. If you're playing with friends get them to leash for you; most pubs will leash if you ask nicely. Jungling in Twisted Treeline is no different from SR, get level 2 and gank a lane. If the enemy jungle ganks and you're nearby go counter gank.If you see the enemy jungler in a lane or near a ward ping it, if you can gank him do it, if not take a camp on his side if it's safe.TT is exactly the same as SR you just need to pay more attention to enemy agression because of the small map size, wards are essential.

Uhm, no where was I crying about anything, and jungling is an entirely different beast in 3's when compared to SR. The entire jungle is about three times more difficult in 3's, both because of the creeps and because of the likelyhood that you'll be in proximity to the enemy jungler much, much more frequently. In 5's, junglers like Kayle,Leona,Sejuani, and Naut are all viable. It's nearly impossible to jungle any of those listed in 3's because of the lack of dueling potential and the disgustingly overstatted mobs, on top of the fact that none of the monsters provide sustain like they do in SR. For someone with a platinum badge, you have a remarkable lack of knowledge about TT.

OnlyBotLane

09-29-2012

3 times more difficult? How did you measure that?

Does limited junglers mean that it is more inferior? Soraka can't jungle on SR because she can't gank well. Because I can't play this champion in jungle on SR the SR jungle is broken. The only way to fix this would be adding a buff that caused a %chance stun when you use an attack. Obviously this is retarded. Not every champ ought to be able to jungle. Sorry.

EDIT: Also I can't believe you insult someone like

Quote:
For someone with a platinum badge, you have a remarkable lack of knowledge about TT.

when they are probably 10 times better than you. That is remarkable.

FearAzrael

09-29-2012

Woo, this got hostile fast. Back on topic, I am super excited to hear that Morello and Riot are taking TT a little more seriously.

xkhazixmaster18

09-29-2012

SO excited.

But what's with the soroka jungle comparison? The problem the guy was pointing out wasn't that EVERY champ cant jungle there, but that the jungle is much more difficult and VERY FEW champs can jungle there.

The suggestion to leash by the plat member is retarded for one reason.
There are 2 lanes and 3 champs. If one is jungling and needs a leash for all his mobs in the first 3 levels, who's defending the turrets?

GypsyReborn

09-29-2012

Quote:
FearAzrael:
Woo, this got hostile fast. Back on topic, I am super excited to hear that Morello and Riot are taking TT a little more seriously.

you said it! i see sparks everywhere!

on topic: i do hope that the TT changes come and tbh i can't wait for them. granted im still a noob when it comes to both SR and TT but i think im pretty good with SR jungling. for some reason i started laning shyvana and have been winning my games all day... talk about awkward....

OnlyBotLane

09-29-2012

Quote:
xasifx:

The suggestion to leash by the plat member is retarded for one reason.
There are 2 lanes and 3 champs. If one is jungling and needs a leash for all his mobs in the first 3 levels, who's defending the turrets?

Lol! Who needs leash at every mob. If 1 mob gets leashed you finish the jung;e pretty much full health level 2.