Herald of the Shadows

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskKarthus

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
With all due respect, Hecarim, I already have a purpose. You think I don't already owe much to the Shadow Isles, and even Death itself, for the opportunity to continue snuffing out the lives of those who don't deserve them? My purpose, though similar to your own, is also at the same time quite different. Every new victim is a step closer to its realization. Unlike you, I don't intend to accomplish it through warfare or invasion - but through tactful stalking and precise targeting.

You have fun with your little legions and what have you. I, on the other hand, will busy myself with my own activities. Your masters aren't mine. I don't care about whatever your affiliates wish to accomplish. I will do what I wish until Death decides that I am meant to be eternally held in its cold embrace, and what I wish is to undo all life that currently exists - so that Death may possess what is due to it.......Everything.

(( Hold on a sec, isn't that my job? Ending the world and all that? I don't like people edging in on my territory. ))

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

10-24-2012

Karma approaches, a bit fearful but still composed. She bows briefly before asking a question.

Hecarim, it is clear that you wish to bring mortals into the realm of death, but i must ask, why?

Is it necessary to hasten the inevitable? Must mortals join death so swiftly, before their time?

Ask the Shadow

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask KarmÓ View Post
Karma approaches, a bit fearful but still composed. She bows briefly before asking a question.

Hecarim, it is clear that you wish to bring mortals into the realm of death, but i must ask, why?

Is it necessary to hasten the inevitable? Must mortals join death so swiftly, before their time?
A peculiar question, so-called Enlightened. 'tis odd to me that the answer eludes thee, but then thou cannot truly hope to live up to thy title. An entire world lies beyond the veil of death, yet thou hast the audacity to claim enlightenment...bah!

If thou seekst the answer to why my masters and I would spread the veil across thy precious world, perhaps the one who holds a discernible answer is thee, and thee alone.

Tell me, for what reason dost thou seek to spread peace and tranquility across the lands of Runeterra? For what reason dost thou strive to end strife, to bring hope to the despairing and light to the lost? For what reason dost thou yearn to protect the 'innocent' and defenseless? I cannot imagine that our reasons are so different in the end, despite the most different results.

Ask the Herald

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
(( Hold on a sec, isn't that my job? Ending the world and all that? I don't like people edging in on my territory. ))
{{ You know who I am. In my defense, I came up with Jaques and his personality before Karthus' lore rewrite. So his motives and goal precede Karthus' new intents by at least a week or two. }}

AskKarthus

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
{{ You know who I am. In my defense, I came up with Jaques and his personality before Karthus' lore rewrite. So his motives and goal precede Karthus' new intents by at least a week or two. }}

(( Even under the old lore, it is said that Karthus will sing the world to its end. His intentions are different, but his purpose is the same. ))

Ask the Shadow

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggendo View Post
Oh mighty centaur, there is but one question about your existence that picks my attention. Does something happen to you when you remove your armor? Can you still effectively do everything you normally do with your armor on?
Though my armor is specifically made made for me, even bonded to me, I am capable of removing it from my body when it pleases me. Thou may haft beheld me without my helmet at times on the Fields, when I see fit to stride forth donning the garb of a Reaper. Though I am far more corporeal with my armor equipped, I am entirely capable of bringing death and despair to the Shadow Isles' enemies without it.

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Shadow View Post
A peculiar question, so-called Enlightened. 'tis odd to me that the answer eludes thee, but then thou cannot truly hope to live up to thy title. An entire world lies beyond the veil of death, yet thou hast the audacity to claim enlightenment...bah!

If thou seekst the answer to why my masters and I would spread the veil across thy precious world, perhaps the one who holds a discernible answer is thee, and thee alone.

Tell me, for what reason dost thou seek to spread peace and tranquility across the lands of Runeterra? For what reason dost thou strive to end strife, to bring hope to the despairing and light to the lost? For what reason dost thou yearn to protect the 'innocent' and defenseless? I cannot imagine that our reasons are so different in the end, despite the most different results.
She listens attentively, and ponders the resulting question before answering.

No person in this world knows all, all we can do is learn what we can, to strive for true meaning, true purpose, though we may not reach it.

The lands of Runeterra have seen enough strife, enough loss, enough imbalance. The people of this world deserve to live their lives without interruption, to find their purpose, true happiness. I seek to bring hope to those forsaken because i believe my purpose is to help others find theirs, their own way of life. The defenseless should be nurtured, taught, so they they may become strong, as strong as me or you, to be able to walk without support, to stand among all. I seek to bring this world true balance, because the world deserves such, let life take it's course without interruption. We the people shall eventually embrace death, as a coursing river rushes to the ocean, to become more than we once were.

We are not so different you and I, we have different opinions, different beliefs, different ideas. I speak out against you not for personal reasons, but because the world should not be changed so suddenly, perhaps over time, but not now. Let fate weave it's threads, let the fabric be woven. Do not rush design, for it may mar the entire tapestry.

True enlightenment.... The path to Enlightenment is straight and narrow. The path itself is the goal, for until one seeks to know the Truth, one knows only lies.

RG2000

10-26-2012

Greetings Shadow of War, I am Gaver, a wanderer..

I would like to know your methods of killing your enemies, which would you prefer ?..A decapitation ? Drag them away ?, A stab and slash ? Trampling them to death ?..

Do you prefer to let your victim linger to a painful death or give them a clean death ?

Have you ever considered joining with Mordekaiser and make an army of unstoppable undead and conquer the living world ? I heard you share a same belief, what's the difference ?

Also, I have a personal question for you...you may find this unsettling...but i need to know your answers...

Whatever you are now, you used to be a living being, someone with a heart and mind...someone with a personality....why..why do you seek to to bring death and despair to the lives we preserved so hard.....?

Tell me what what did you accomplish by killing innocent people and burning their land and homes ?...and those Demacian soldiers you slaughtered....have you ever think about their crying families, their friends ?

Have you ever seek a little spark of what you used to be ?...I somehow know that there is a person and a heart inside the cold cladded armor of yours....

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

((Firstly, RG2000, do you have a profile on shurlieas? Your character sounds cool and I was interested in learning more.))

Hecarim,

As much as I enjoy living, could I interest you in a set of hoof blades?

Ask the Shadow

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask KarmÓ View Post
She listens attentively, and ponders the resulting question before answering.

No person in this world knows all, all we can do is learn what we can, to strive for true meaning, true purpose, though we may not reach it.

The lands of Runeterra have seen enough strife, enough loss, enough imbalance. The people of this world deserve to live their lives without interruption, to find their purpose, true happiness. I seek to bring hope to those forsaken because i believe my purpose is to help others find theirs, their own way of life. The defenseless should be nurtured, taught, so they they may become strong, as strong as me or you, to be able to walk without support, to stand among all. I seek to bring this world true balance, because the world deserves such, let life take it's course without interruption. We the people shall eventually embrace death, as a coursing river rushes to the ocean, to become more than we once were.

We are not so different you and I, we have different opinions, different beliefs, different ideas. I speak out against you not for personal reasons, but because the world should not be changed so suddenly, perhaps over time, but not now. Let fate weave it's threads, let the fabric be woven. Do not rush design, for it may mar the entire tapestry.

True enlightenment.... The path to Enlightenment is straight and narrow. The path itself is the goal, for until one seeks to know the Truth, one knows only lies.
Thy speech certainly carries thy wisdom with it, but my purpose cannot be so easily swayed. If the tapestry that thou speakest of be marred by the actions of the Shadow Isles, it shall be sewn anew, grander and more elegant than ever before. Let the river that you would compare the living to be consumed with a great flood. But be grateful, Enlightened, that my masters have seen fit to allow the living time to make their peace with the deities of their choosing. The time shall come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000
Greetings Shadow of War, I am Gaver, a wanderer..

I would like to know your methods of killing your enemies, which would you prefer ?..A decapitation ? Drag them away ?, A stab and slash ? Trampling them to death ?..

Do you prefer to let your victim linger to a painful death or give them a clean death ?

Have you ever considered joining with Mordekaiser and make an army of unstoppable undead and conquer the living world ? I heard you share a same belief, what's the difference ?

Also, I have a personal question for you...you may find this unsettling...but i need to know your answers...

Whatever you are now, you used to be a living being, someone with a heart and mind...someone with a personality....why..why do you seek to to bring death and despair to the lives we preserved so hard.....?

Tell me what what did you accomplish by killing innocent people and burning their land and homes ?...and those Demacian soldiers you slaughtered....have you ever think about their crying families, their friends ?

Have you ever seek a little spark of what you used to be ?...I somehow know that there is a person and a heart inside the cold cladded armor of yours....
Hmph. If thou truly do believe that thy words may avert the course of my intent, than I must inform thee that thou haft failed. Who or what I may have been matters not; all that I may recall of the past is war, endless war, eternal carnage and bloodshed. I would not expect thee to even hope to understand my motives or my masters'. Such foolishness I see thee exude, pining naively for those who rode out in vain attempt to stop my advance when those that knew them will soon be reunited with their compatriots.

As per thy earlier questions, they are simple. I care not how my foes meet their end, whether they be cleaved in twain by a stroke of my halberd or left lying in the dust with their bones shattered by my hooves. No matter their demise, the Shadow Isles shall claim them eventually.

The Master of Metal...a feeling that even I find ominous exudes from him. Whatever his agenda or purpose, I will hold to the belief that his cause is that of the Shadow Isles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan
Hecarim,

As much as I enjoy living, could I interest you in a set of hoof blades?
The idea bears some credence, mortal. However, questions of my own arise. First, I must inquire as to the design of these blades. While the thought of eviscerating and trampling foes at once is appealing, I must know if they would inhibit my mobility. 'twould not do if the blades were to lodge in the ground mid-charge. Secondly, I would largely prefer that if these blades are crafted, that they be made through soul-forging.