Ask Zilean

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Beard Guy

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Thornmage View Post
Well...I was proposing going into the future to ask future me to teach me all the stuff I learned in between, thus creating a slight paradox and a fountain of anonymous knowledge that never truly existed in the first place, which is instead a variety of spells that I crafted on my own.

Obviously, future me can't come back in time, because any altering of the past will cause the current future to cease to exist, which means that future me would no longer be able to visit me, which means it wouldn't change the past, which means he would be able to visit me, and it creates an infinite loop, an alternate dimension, or, best of all, the inability for him to actually go back in time.

As you may tell, I have done some small studies into time-travel...I just have no means to use it myself.
"You seem to be confused. There is no problem about changing the course of history - the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end."

"No, the problem is that controlled physical transfer to the future is one of the most powerful forms of Chronomancy in existence. One, I am ashamed to say, that I have yet to perfect. My journeys into the future have been uncontrolled visions of our current timeline and wild attempts at random physical travel, at best. I cannot do what you ask... yet. But I must ask why you would wish to do so. "

Ask Thornmage

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Beard Guy View Post
"You seem to be confused. There is no problem about changing the course of history - the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end."

"No, the problem is that controlled physical transfer to the future is one of the most powerful forms of Chronomancy in existence. One, I am ashamed to say, that I have yet to perfect. My journeys into the future have been uncontrolled visions of our current timeline and wild attempts at random physical travel, at best. I cannot do what you ask... yet. But I must ask why you would wish to do so. "
What's the term summoners use often? Ah, yes...for '****s and giggles.'

Crazy Beard Guy

09-28-2012

Quote:
What's the term summoners use often? Ah, yes...for '****s and giggles.'
"Not a good enough reason to risk mental removal from your own body's timeline. I am sorry, but you must learn the spells you will learn on your own."

Ask Thornmage

09-28-2012

Alright. At the very least, can you teach me the magic you use to reduce the casting time between your spells? I already have some form of that in my Overloading myself...but I'd like to better that individual ability.

Crazy Beard Guy

09-28-2012

Quote:
Alright. At the very least, can you teach me the magic you use to reduce the casting time between your spells? I already have some form of that in my Overloading myself...but I'd like to better that individual ability.
"The magic we use is different, Thornmage... While you may hasten your abilities by using your magic, I simply rewind my ability from ever being used, in my personal being. The effect in a League match may be similar, but the means are assuredly different.However, teaching Chronomancy is not entirely impossible. It may only be... exceedingly improbable. Should you wish to learn, though, I would be happy to aid you."

Ask the Shadow

09-28-2012

Chronomancer,

I come to this place out of sheer morbid curiosity. Thy skills in the magics of time are notable, enough so that my masters may take interest in the implications thou present. I would inquire as to the nature of your future visions, specifically the progress made by the Shadow Isles' conquest.

Hecarim, the Shadow of War

SandscourgeSkarn

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Beard Guy View Post
"Keep moving."

Zilean's disembodied voice resounded through the long, long, long hallway. It wasn't lit, and as the light from the entrance became farther and farther away, Skarner would find himself walking in complete and total darkness.

Eventually, things would get... funky. Streams of translucent light began to flow alongside him, and a very slight ticking noise began to resound through the hallway, or whatever it was that Skarner was now currently running through: it definitely wasn't a simple corridor.
Skarner didn't bother with a response, the ticking of his many crystalline feet serving as his only reply. His pace did not break, nor did his will, his determination to see this through. He had come too far to merely turn back now, least of all the somewhat foreboding way in which he was told to move forward.

Crazy Beard Guy

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Shadow View Post
Chronomancer,

I come to this place out of sheer morbid curiosity. Thy skills in the magics of time are notable, enough so that my masters may take interest in the implications thou present. I would inquire as to the nature of your future visions, specifically the progress made by the Shadow Isles' conquest.

Hecarim, the Shadow of War
The future, to gain a specific vision, is one of the most coveted forms of Chronomancy. One I can not do during this time.Visions into the Future, those my future self do not see in person, are uncontrolled things, that may not aid you, or may be just what you ask.

I will, however, take notice of an invasion... a fleet among those of the shadows... A definite problem. Their presence is not hostile, so much as... inevitable. Simply waiting for the people of Runeterra to destroy themselves first. Whether or not it happens, I can not say.

Crazy Beard Guy

09-30-2012

Time is the only thief we can't get justice against.
~Astrid Alauda

NullAurelian

09-30-2012

A little ornitopter flits into the house through the door. It flies around a bit like a banana before depositing a message. It then falls through the space-time continuum before being rescued by a blue box with the words 'Police' written above a door.

You can see possibilities of the future - by extension can you see the paths leading up to the said future? And why doughnuts?

((I thought that the back to the future reference was hilarious. Why the change?))

1234567 ... 8