Elo Hell, and other issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chou Makou

10-04-2012

Along time ago SV gave his fans advice.

Look at your own mistakes before others, If you think you are the best and that you're just unlucky to be in low elo you don't deserve to improve or to be in high elo.
Paraphrased but it was something like that.

I am a Low Elo trash player but I have improved dramatically and am comfortable that in season three i can get gold and maybe even platinum if i work at it. Don't blame, question instead.

Distillz

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunkaTruck View Post
So by your logic, if I end up with say...3 trolls on my team, if I was "good" I could win 2v5. You have how much ranked experience again? That sounds fishy as hell.

edit: By the way, I have a total of 3 wins so far. Just finished a match (hence my delay in reply). The people I am facing have 135-336 wins. My team had 3(me)-120. We got pummeled (as usual) Guy got stuck top as a garen, fed on purpose, he ended 2-12, their wu wrecked us, we lost. Our jungle udyr didn't gank or show to team fights. Our graves...don't get me started. Swain (our mid) and I cant beat a corki, hecarim, ali (no, he didn't get bannned -.-), a uber fed wu, and a ziggs by ourselves. By your logic if I wasn't a "baddie" we could. Current elo 1042.
This is how their kinds work. Well... a lot of people don't want to hear that they were lucky. I am sure some of these guys have their strategy to get up in elo (playing certain champs and using certain tools) As far as actually playing the game they may well not be better than those stuck in hell.

None of these guys are going to do well trying to carry most of the games you've mentioned or most of the games I see. Sometimes you have a great run and climb climb climb, but other times bad things just get piled up.

I haven't seen anyone carry anything yet that was not heavily dependent on the team dynamics. Some of them think they carried, but they aren't seeing it from a wider angle

Taking a break might help ( I think more in terms of having the matchmaker put you in a different matchmaking group - if it works like that. Really doubt you get put in a pool with ALL players on league)

Distillz

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou Makou View Post
Along time ago SV gave his fans advice.

Look at your own mistakes before others, If you think you are the best and that you're just unlucky to be in low elo you don't deserve to improve or to be in high elo.
Paraphrased but it was something like that.

I am a Low Elo trash player but I have improved dramatically and am comfortable that in season three i can get gold and maybe even platinum if i work at it. Don't blame, question instead.
I do both. I always notice my mistakes. "I should have stunned him instead of her" "should have flashed after" etc etc. Still doesn't change the situation of the game. It gets annoying.

Selcopa

04-20-2013

why are you necroing threads from 6 months ago?