Elo Hell, and other issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesquaredot View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26350086

1300 ish player talking about others being bad.... what a troll.dont listen to this guy hes just another loser who has know idea how elo works in a team game.

of course a 2500 elo pro player can climb his way out of elo hell, hes over twice as good as anyone else in the game at 1200 elo. if you are a 1600 elo player and unlucky so that u are matched with 4 trolls, how are u supposed to beat a 1200 elo team?

and for the "it evens out" R tar ds, it it evens out then ur average elo is 1200 ish because you you need to win more then lose to gain elo.

its sad that riot wont fix this problem, and that so many really bad players like ninja here keep talking this trash on the forums because it dilutes the issue and confuses other people with out the facts.
I just want to point out that a 1600 player would absolutely shred 1200 players, when I was in the 1600s, even if I dropped to 1500 I was more skilled than them to the point that my winrate would go up considerably

If you put a 1600 player in the 1200s, they're going to win 75%-85% of games easily, occassionally they will get some trolls and will lose a game, but not to the degree that you are trying to convince yourself it happens.

Contrary to what you want to believe, many players don't go into a game with the intent to troll, they want to win, some players give up quicker when **** hits the fan, however they tend to try harder a little more often when one of the lanes goes 5-0

A Nearby Shrub

09-28-2012

haha maybe at higher elos they do. right now ive been to 1080 3 or 4 times, and i tell you multiple times ive had people die 3 or 4 times and just go afk even when my lane or another lane is 5-0. you dont get how ****ty the balance of players is in the 1000-1200 range is since thats where literally every single person starting ranked is at. my god is ****ing ridiculous. if youre lucky you get a person with a competent mind like "oh i should probably not push past river carelessly because i could be ganked" but usually they get ganked then rage at the jungler, or even worse, you get people who just build recommended items and then feed like mad.

ninjagear

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunkaTruck View Post
You've had some great insight and very useful tips over your last few posts, but this one honestly confuses me. In truth, I have been seeing this as a problem, not a benefit. Several games in a row our bot "support" picked an ADC. Their rationale is as long as they sit in the bush and don't steal CS, they're supporting. To me, a blitz, janna, lulu, taric, soraka, etc are supports. My definition of support isn't sit there are share CS (it should go to the ADC). The support's role is to shield, heal, zone, cc, or otherwise bring utility to ENABLE the ADC. But you're saying two ADC bot is amazing, and that leaves me scratching my head. Do you mean an Ez and a Cait sharing CS, or one getting all the CS and the other constantly poking? I'd like to understand your perspective on this. Every game I play where an ADC champ "supports" bot, they get no farm and just sit in the bush and soak xp. it leads to an underfarmed champ, who has no support abilities to help throughout the game. Just another starved carry is how it usually ends up in my limited experience. Your thoughts?
u cant think of this game in terms of 'oh if we only make it to late game i can carry.' if u think like that then everytime u dont make it to late game then ur going to lose. on top of that everytime u do make it to late game its still 50% chance u can lose because matchmaking puts u in teams that have a 50% chance of winning (so each team is evenly matched.... get it?) and im not even considering getting beaten in champ select. if u always play for late game then u are missing the first half of the game. lane phase is super important. if u can come out of lane phase with enough momentum to end the game quick (think of every enemy lane giving up 2 kills and losing farm to ur team) they have no chance in a 5v5 over dragon/baron.

why is this important when u think about 2 adc bot lane vs a traditional setup of adc + supp? because u have way more control over ur lane with 2 adc there. yes in a stalemate then u will lose in the long run, because the adc with supp will trump both ur split farm after a while, but early on he has no advantage. think about that. early on he has no advantage, in fact just the opposite. if a fight breaks out in ur lane between 2 adc and 1 adc + supp... who has more damage at lv1? at lv2? at lv3? the double adc does. up until lv 6 (and even at lv 6 if u have a good synergistic combo). like vayne and cait can have. cait could have controlled the lane with traps and her superior range, zoning the enemy carry off of farm easy, if the adc+supp started a fight, it would be easy for cait to kite them into vayne, and there is NOTHING scarier then the thot of feeding vayne. except feeding jax or ryze, which are only equally as scary.

so, what do u think about double adc now? free your mind. if u only play meta u set urself up to lose when u dont play meta, if only for the fact that u have been put in an uncomfortable position. does this make double adc best? whats best for your team is always going to be the hardest part about champ select.

Lord Conquor

09-30-2012

I'd like to add to what I this post was originally about rather than what some of you other people are doing which I believe is basically being *******s saying the original poster sucks or w/e. What I gathered from his post and what my complaint as well is, is that there are lots of trolls. Whether or not I can get out of low elo doesn't even matter to me. What bothers me is that 1 out of every 3 games I queue for I end up having to leave because someone has said in chat they will feed or afk or they do something like pick twitch with clarity and promote and say they are going ap. Now yea I could play that game, but I think it's an autoloss if someone says they are going to troll like that. So instead I have to leave queue and end up with a 30 min debuff before I can play my next game. So again whether or not I can get out of low elo isn't my problem. It's that playing ranked isn't fun because 33% of the time someone wants to troll either in game or in queue, and I don't mean people who got outplayed, I mean actual people who say or appear to be trolling.

ninjagear

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Conquor View Post
saying the original poster sucks or w/e.
i never said OP was bad at this game. i merely commented that everyone being terrible on every team that matchmaking gives him is LESS LIKELY then him not being as good as he thinks he is.

Selcopa

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
i never said OP was bad at this game. i merely commented that everyone being terrible on every team that matchmaking gives him is LESS LIKELY then him not being as good as he thinks he is.
i'll say it.

Tires

10-01-2012

You don't lose elo for dodging. Try dodging every once in a while. If you need to play lol that badly create a secondary account to play while you wait for your queue timer.

unIockz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunkaTruck View Post
To all the pros out there who have been doing ranked for far longer than I, I have but one question: How do you avoid all this mess and actually increase your elo? Or more importantly, your gaming experience? Starting to feel solo queue needs doused in gas and set on fire. Starting to kick myself for ever going ranked, everything I was told it was...it so far is.
What I usually do to get out of 1200 or so is play a decent champ that can carry a game, the key point is to take command of the team and be the leader, for example ping or keep time when drag/baron is about to spawn, buy wards if your team doesn't even if your the AD/mid, keep track of enemies jungle time and announce it in chat, knowing when to do baron or push an inhibitor.

Most important part of the game is knowing, whether it be micro or macro, knowing when you have just enough resources to kill the enemy champion in lane, or knowing if your team can kill baron before the other team spawns. Knowledge is power.

Simple solution is not to play ranked if it's so frustrating. The main focus of a game is that it is for fun and entertainment.

Ysoh

10-03-2012

agree with the original poster. raising elo in that range isn't cut and dry. anymore, you will stay trapped in that range while constantly being better than the players around you and against you. that is the issue we're all talking about. also, the poster above me hasn't been in that elo range in a long long time, looks like. lastly, "littlesquaredot" hit a good point.

TerryCruise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Selcopa and CarryMeImATorso are absolutely right. I'm not great either but, as Carry said, "knowledge is power", and what I know is this;

- BUY WARDS
Regardless of your role in the game, your team doesn't ward? No problem,you do. Top doesn't ward and gets ganked often? Buy one for him.d

- PICK A SNOWBALL CHAMP
Low elo usually means the team fed early wins. I find it easier to carry with an AP Mid or a Jungler because they can roam.

- GANK OFTEN AND EARLY
You don't need to carry the game. Get your APC or ADC fed. As Shaco, I'm all about ganking and making sure my ADC does better than the other team's. Even if I fall off, my ADC won't.

- LEADERSHIP IS KEY AND STEMS FROM GOOD RAPPORT
Stay friendly regardless of circumstances, your team-mates are more likely to listen to you.
If you win your lane (mid and jungle are more solo lanes at low elo so it's all you!) and help others, your team is more likely to listen to you and work together. Nothing motivates like a dominating team-mate giving positive feedback and tips.

- THE ODDS ARE IN YOUR FAVOUR
A game has 10 players, 5 on each team. Only 4 players on your team can troll/afk if you don't but all 5 have the potential on their team. Every game you play will bring you closer to the 4:5 ratio. Have faith.

- GET BETTER
I really need to work on this. Like Selcopa said, find those little things you can do better to improve YOUR game. If you can't even handle your own lane, how can you help your team-mate's?

Hope that helps. I learned this at 800 elo and I'm back at 1250 now, 200 games later! Can't wait till 3rd season. Like any sport, League is 90% mental.