Elo Hell, and other issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFriendlyUncle

09-26-2012

Do you think there is a single 1.9k+ players from season 1 got stuck on 1200 at the beginning of season 2 and cant get out? I think this pretty much answers the question.

ninjagear

09-26-2012

btw i looked at your rune pages and masteries, they could use a little cleaning up. that could just be a personal opinion tho i would check with better players before you follow my advice on that. your in game builds look decent (altho i would personally never upgrade a gp10 until i fill my other slots) i also noticed a disturbing lack of wards on your champs. there are NO positions on the map that warrant NOT having wards unless you are a fully build adc/apc and lack the space in your inventory. and lastly dont blame the jungler for not ganking, assume hes bad and not paying attention and ask for a gank. work with your teammates, dont find reasons to not work with them.

TaunkaTruck

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
btw i looked at your rune pages and masteries, they could use a little cleaning up. that could just be a personal opinion tho i would check with better players before you follow my advice on that. your in game builds look decent (altho i would personally never upgrade a gp10 until i fill my other slots) i also noticed a disturbing lack of wards on your champs. there are NO positions on the map that warrant NOT having wards unless you are a fully build adc/apc and lack the space in your inventory. and lastly dont blame the jungler for not ganking, assume hes bad and not paying attention and ask for a gank. work with your teammates, dont find reasons to not work with them.
I don't blame a lost lane on "we didn't get enough ganks." But when a jungler doesn't show to team fights 25-40 minutes in and is too busy pwning neutral camps, that's what I have the issue with. As in, we ping and agree to bait at baron, and a ren decides to go kill the enemy wraiths or something instead and it ends up a 4v5 last minute. Or we're going to push, pick up the enemy blue, and engage near the pushed turret...instead, the jungle runs to go get red...45 minutes in. 4v5 situations because of no map awareness/teamwork. Hope that clarifies my jungler issue.

As for wards, it's true you see none in my inventory late game. There are two reasons for this. 1, I'm honestly one of the only people dropping wards usually. I buy them religiously. So when we push, I'm stopping to ward the river, the buffs, the wraith bushes, baron, dragon, and both entry points (tri-bushes), whatever is not too far away to overextend me. If I have a ward, I make sure it goes down. A ward in the inventory wont save someone as well as a ward on the ground. lol The second reason is when we're doing badly. 2 inhibs down, enemy with baron, team in-fighting, etc. The wards get sold, because the fat lady is singing. We cant push out, not safe to go past the steps. They get sold for HP, resist, etc items. it's only 75-225 gold, but when the game is about to end, a hail mary item to help me for an extra .5 seconds in a teamfight is better than a ward unused sitting there. Make sense?

As for the GP5 items, yes, I do upgrade some of them at bad times. If you look at my last game as Lulu, I did fairly well. our ez ended up 18-7. I was doing great early and mid. I upgraded my philo stone early because I was running oom and not able to get that last Q off and an enemy escaped 2-3 times in a row, etc. I needed some more regen, so I turned philo into Eleisa's miracle for the 25/20 regen, instead of shurellia's veil. It was a situational upgrade based on the team's needs. While I understand you're saying in the long run the gold helps me if I wait, sometimes the in game situation dictates I do otherwise to push the utility.

As for the runes and masteries, the first page is adc ez, or jungle trynd (normal). My second page is AP, be it a singed or a malz. a little ap, a little regen, pen, and armor.My third page is armor/MR/move speed/magic pen, as I've been stuck tanking amumu/maoki/alphite, so I made sure to have that free for AP jungling. Kind of a situational thing based on what role I end up. It could use some tweaking, just like 10 armor pen might do me more good that +15 flat damage. just situational, and ever changing depending on the last game and my early game experiences.

ninjagear

09-26-2012

u sound like a smart dude. smart enough where the only real advice i can give u dont get dragged down by ur teammates. there is ALWAYS some dude on the map that is a feeder, make sure that guy is on the other end of ur lane (or if u prefer jungling make sure its all the enemy lanes feeding). EDIT: and if a teammate is doing bad, help them out, dont attack them. if u fed a couple kills u would want some help getting back into the game yes/no?

ps. lubu stronk

Selcopa

09-26-2012

Winning games is all about capitalizing on mistakes, in laning phase there are a ton of mistakes made, it is very common for me when I'm playing in low elo to get unreturned auto attacks, combine this with my superior farm I am able to outscale my opponent.

Its very important to get stronger than everyone else very fast, if a lane is losing, you need to be able to roam to that lane, blow a lot of damage and possibly even give the kill to that lane, as its been said by other players, not all feeders are doing it intentionally, many of them aren't, they get out played and fall behind, roaming their lane and getting them a kill is easily worth around 700 gold to a lane(300 for kill + 200 in cs + 200 in missed cs), doing this once or twice can be the difference between the lane getting killed 8 times and the lane going neutral.

If you are unable to roam(cuz ur bot lane and top lane is losing), push your tower, secure dragon, and push other towers, let your top laner clean up bot lane under tower while you clear out the front set of towers, this allows your top lane to gain about 900 gold after towers dragon and free cs, again, stopping the bleeding before it gets out of hand.

If you want to gain elo you need to learn how to contribute more in every game, win your lane more, relieve jungle pressure, even look for spots where you can get 1-3 more cs, it sounds useless, but that can be the difference for 1 extra ward, to let you spot their jungler, allowing your team to spot their jungle making their lane safer, or it could be an extra potion or 2, letting you win more trades in your lane and snowball out of contol faster.

I know you feel like its luck of your teammates, but think of this, when I play at that elo, I have no problem winning 4v5s, because I take tons of small edges that you are not taking, and then I snowball out of control, figure out what edges you aren't getting, and you'll start winninjg more games

TaunkaTruck

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Winning games is all about capitalizing on mistakes, in laning phase there are a ton of mistakes made, it is very common for me when I'm playing in low elo to get unreturned auto attacks, combine this with my superior farm I am able to outscale my opponent.

Its very important to get stronger than everyone else very fast, if a lane is losing, you need to be able to roam to that lane, blow a lot of damage and possibly even give the kill to that lane, as its been said by other players, not all feeders are doing it intentionally, many of them aren't, they get out played and fall behind, roaming their lane and getting them a kill is easily worth around 700 gold to a lane(300 for kill + 200 in cs + 200 in missed cs), doing this once or twice can be the difference between the lane getting killed 8 times and the lane going neutral.

If you are unable to roam(cuz ur bot lane and top lane is losing), push your tower, secure dragon, and push other towers, let your top laner clean up bot lane under tower while you clear out the front set of towers, this allows your top lane to gain about 900 gold after towers dragon and free cs, again, stopping the bleeding before it gets out of hand.

If you want to gain elo you need to learn how to contribute more in every game, win your lane more, relieve jungle pressure, even look for spots where you can get 1-3 more cs, it sounds useless, but that can be the difference for 1 extra ward, to let you spot their jungler, allowing your team to spot their jungle making their lane safer, or it could be an extra potion or 2, letting you win more trades in your lane and snowball out of contol faster.

I know you feel like its luck of your teammates, but think of this, when I play at that elo, I have no problem winning 4v5s, because I take tons of small edges that you are not taking, and then I snowball out of control, figure out what edges you aren't getting, and you'll start winninjg more games
I've never thought of it that way, and you definitely have my interest on that. You are correct, I do feel like it's a luck of the draw. When a captain doesn't ban any champs, and an ad carry insists on playing it support, I feel it's all over with before we start. And it usually is. It's really discouraging. I do what I can, but even if I were the best player in the world, one person can only do so much. I'll keep at it and do what I can do. But the losses just keep coming.

Last game I was 7-12-15 as a lulu. I was doing great, until Ren killed me TEN...yes...TEN times in a row. TWO shot. He'd ult into my teammates, 2 shot me, and walk out. Alive. I got raged at for "feeding" during the team fight phase after the turrets dropped. I was like...wtf...he just 1v5 killed me...and none of the 4 of you can exhaust, even when I polymorph, ult myself, slow him, and still die? And he gets away? It's pretty defeating. I feel like I'd be better off on a reliable team I could communicate with, with random solo queue I cringe every time I click the button. I'll try to claw for those edges you mentioned, and see if that helps any. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I certainly do my best with what I have to work with.

ninjagear

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunkaTruck View Post
...as a lulu...
another piece of advice i can give u (i cant believe im giving this **** away) is to never play the same champ twice in a row. the reason is thrice folded:

1.) u picked that champ the first time because somewhere in the back of ur head u knew it was a good choice for ur team and against the enemy team. that rule wont fit every teamcomp.

2.) coming out of a win u will be overconfident and more likely to make mistakes.

3.) coming out of a loss u will be too hard on urself and preforming under par.

ps. selcopa has gued advice

Gabelous

09-26-2012

Just got out of a game, I was first pick and took Cait when 4th pick wanted to take ADC. He picked Vayne anyway. We were up against Ali, Amumu, and Fid with Jayce and Varus.

We did what we could in bot, and we did get some kills in. Our jungler Sejuani helped out. Vlad got killed by Jayce a few times and our Teemo was against fid. The mistakes?

- I was the only one warding.
- Their team comp relied on closed jungle fighting and tanky champions
- Given the prior, Vlad felt it was always good to initiate in alleyways in the jungle with plenty of walls around.
- Vlad promptly blamed both on bot for the loss despite the fact we were both getting items after he kept costing us teamfights with terrible positioning when not everyone could get in due to walls.

Despite telling people to buy wards, and spending my own gold warding where I could it was simply everyone going into teamfights 3v5 2v5 because of walls and AoE and just got owned. Best part Vlad blamed me for not getting an IE right off the bat. Scrapping for gold you can't afford that, lesser items > no items I bought what I could (a zeal first and got IE much later).

Also I learned now thanks to LOLreplay (which records players' ELO) that the setup is NOT from highest to lowest ELO. I was first pick and I was #3 on the elo score.

Moral of the story? Sometimes you will get bad players and you cannot help that. If Vlad remained positive and played smart we could have won that, but he chose to initiate in team fights where we were cut off and later torn apart.

ninjagear

09-26-2012

im done arguing with the blind that the sun really is there.

night all.

AuthorityZero

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunkaTruck View Post
Well, I was hoping for an intelligent response, but I guess I'll work with what I'm given here. So you're saying if I have a ADC building support, our ADC choosing to go AP, no one on the team wants to ward and tells everyone else to buy them (no wards get bought by any), and people troll to the point teammates ragequit...and we happen to lose...that I'm somehow a baddie or related to the problem at hand, and that's all there is to it?
_____
/_____\ this is a rock. Kindly crawl back under it.
Want to know the secret of solo que? For the most part, it is all luck. You have a 50/50 chance of being placed on a good team or a team full of the specially disabled. But as the old saying goes, even though a coin flip is 50/50 you can still get heads 20 times in a row. If you're focusing on carrying your game, you are going about solo que with the wrong mindset. Solo que (and League of Legends actually) is a team game. Don't rage at your team, encourage them. Don't play a champ you think you can carry with, pick a champ your team comp NEEDS. The pros are able to climb elo like nothing because 9/10 they are duo queing with a fresh account with other 2k+ elo players. However, don't go blaming your team mates as to why you are losing. Unless you played a 100% perfect game, with no faults or bad mistakes, then you are to blame for the loss as well. It doesn't matter if you make 10 AMAZING plays and get fed to all hell. It only takes ONE bad play to toss the game away. Work on your mechanics and when you play, just remember its a game and enjoy yourself.