Why are people so racist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystery Juice

09-26-2012

I don't get it. I mean sure, speaking a completely different language in a game where communication is important might be frustrating to some, but honestly, we don't need to type to one another to win a game. Most decent players should be able to read their teammate's minds and react to things as they happen; instantly. Planning anything ahead of time is overrated imho. That's what pinging the map is for.

I tried playing a game with my friend earlier, and he doesn't speak english. We're friends and we play together all the time but we never speak to each other because of language barriers. But I always see other english-speaking players yelling at him for it in game. I mean sure, he dies a lot. And sure, he makes a lot of impulse decisions without thinking about his team. But does that deserve criticism? I think not.

Let's all just hug it out and let our games fall apart in a friendly way from now on.

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Juice View Post
I don't get it. I mean sure, speaking a completely different language in a game where communication is important might be frustrating to some, but honestly, we don't need to type to one another to win a game. Most decent players should be able to read their teammate's minds and react to things as they happen; instantly. Planning anything ahead of time is overrated imho. That's what pinging the map is for.

I tried playing a game with my friend earlier, and he doesn't speak english. We're friends and we play together all the time but we never speak to each other because of language barriers. But I always see other english-speaking players yelling at him for it in game. I mean sure, he dies a lot. And sure, he makes a lot of impulse decisions without thinking about his team. But does that deserve criticism? I think not.

Let's all just hug it out and let our games fall apart in a friendly way from now on.
Take a look at the bolded part of your statement, now remember what kind of game LoL is, it is a team game where one player can mess it up for everyone else, now ask yourself why they yell at him.

Ashlea

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Juice View Post
honestly, we don't need to type to one another to win a game. Most decent players should be able to read their teammate's minds and react to things as they happen; instantly.
Please tell me you're joking? This is a team game, if you're playing with randoms how are you supposed to 'read their minds'? Communication is key, I don't support racism and no one should attack these players for speaking their language, but if they can't or are not willing to communicate with the rest of the team, winning becomes more difficult.

Sure, pings are helpful, but they're not always enough. This game takes teamwork, and communication is a massive part of that.

icanthear

09-26-2012

Take a shower, eat something, forget what happened.

Acigbock

09-26-2012

Everyone above this post failed at Sarcasm 101

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

10/10 for making two idiots think you were serious.

BlownOffMyRocker

09-27-2012

lol

AryaAlbatross

09-27-2012

Surely this isn't a serious post? Reading our teammates minds? Not understanding why someone who dies a lot and doesn't consider the team gets raged at? Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.. *fry face*

Lucifersrifleman

09-27-2012

I lol'd.