Fiddlesticks Support yes or no?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roccot

07-26-2012

Hello guys,

So yesterday I played a couple 3 games as support fiddlesticks, won the 3 games, got 20 assists per game +- a couple of kills per game and3-8 deaths per game.

I think it works well as a hard pushing bot lane, not being a really protective support but an offensive one; although having a 3 second fear (at q level 5) which i maxed first which works really well as offensive deffensive tool (kinda like an uberexhaust). Dark wind spell (e) silences for 1.5 secs and serves the purpose of crippling lane opponents health / harrass. Drain is self explanatory though must be careful cuz u can steal kills to ad carry. Also when u get to level 6 ultimate on low levels is really effective although not having built ap, resulting on at least 1 secured kill.

I got boots of mobility and 3 gp/10 items which all of them will fit well when upgraded (zhurelya's, aegis and deathfire).

Summoner spells could be flash/ghost and clairvoyance/exhaust/heal. Clairvoyance is self explanatory, heal because u cant heal ur ad like many other supports and exhaust + fear = 5.5 sec disable.

What do you think? yes or no? Suggestions would be appreciated!

Matvande

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

I'd give it a yes. No worse than a support lux or morgana. But im generally in favor of any pick that isn't exacting to the meta as people see it

Judas Priest

07-27-2012

It's a waste of his potention. How can someone who has an AoE massive destruction ULT be played as support? Fid should be played with a support in my opinion, not as one. He is an excelent jungler, he is awesome in team fights and he can beat a lot of champions on a 1x1 fight.

FaerellG

07-27-2012

I think it'd be worthwhile actually. His drain does a solid amount of damage. Fear+drain allows Fiddles to tank for the AD while harassing. You just have to be ware of hard CC and silence that will interrupt your drain. Unfortunately, most opposing supports will have that now a days.

So, I'd give support fiddles a "worthwhile" vote, but bad for the current metagame.

Amoc

07-27-2012

I'd say it's not that great. The fear and the silence would be sort of neat early game but there are other oddball support champs that would be better at playing offensive with better burst, more pushing power and longer range, while also being more effective overall into the mid/late game.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

There are better supports, but he's not a complete troll pick.

Amoc

07-27-2012

You can play almost anything as support and have it not be a 'complete troll'. There are few champions that have no utility at all.

Tinýviel

07-27-2012

I've played alot of Fiddle support lately and it has worked well generally. some combos it is not so good against, usually kill lanes, or games where they have overpowered Shen who can constantly teleport in to stop a gank.

The key with Fiddle support IMO is playing aggressively - if they force you to play passive (i.e. a Leona Graves kill lane) then you are in trouble. Honestly against a good team its hard to catch them with crowstorms. Fiddle support is rare enough that they sometimes don't expect it but you still have to be careful with it. If you can bush camp and your jungler comes down you can definitely get guaranteed kills with storm.

I think he is by FAR the most fun supporty champ to play - i usually hate support unless its Blitz or Fiddle. Fiddlesupport is really **** fun to play and hilarious too. And you can morph into AP items after GP/10 items and be a mini-AP carry with strong 3 sec fear.

Anyway I like it.

Warrrrax

07-27-2012

He is just terrible.

During laning phase his Drain is usually too short range to be all that effective. Many champs like Taric, Alistar, Blitz, Soroka can interrupt the drain easily. And that doesnt include whatever the enemy AD carry does while you stand there.

His fear is alright. About the same as a taric stun. Except no damage.

Dark Wind is irritating but pushes the lane and doesn't really do all that much damage under most circumstances.

Ult is useless.

-------
Later on, what exactly does he bring as a way underfed mage? Bouncy silence? 1 fear? thats about it! He dies immediately upon Ulting and does weak damage. Drain is useless.

Anything is possible I guess, but this is a huge waste. Its likely worse than that Rammus support I saw a month ago.

GatorHatur

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
He is just terrible.

During laning phase his Drain is usually too short range to be all that effective. Many champs like Taric, Alistar, Blitz, Soroka can interrupt the drain easily. And that doesnt include whatever the enemy AD carry does while you stand there.

His fear is alright. About the same as a taric stun. Except no damage.

Dark Wind is irritating but pushes the lane and doesn't really do all that much damage under most circumstances.

Ult is useless.

-------
Later on, what exactly does he bring as a way underfed mage? Bouncy silence? 1 fear? thats about it! He dies immediately upon Ulting and does weak damage. Drain is useless.

Anything is possible I guess, but this is a huge waste. Its likely worse than that Rammus support I saw a month ago.
honestly, how well you can support with fid is going to be based on your rune page...if you go an AP page you will get your carry lots of early kills and therefore gives you more gold... to say that its not worthwhile is outrageous... i think people dont like to accept that there is more then one way to play some champs they are accustomed to