Holy smokes, Kha'zix is a beast!

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Played a couple rounds of dominion and one round of SR jungling (with a friend).

My first game I wasn't sure what I was doing :P I started off 1/5. Then I started piecing his combos together and the other Kha'zix that game was like WTF, How'd you kill me so fast?! lol Ended up going 28/12/21

This is like Talon on steroids!

He's pretty beast like in SR, as well. Even though no one cares here =x

Everyone yells he's mana hungry (this is true), but barely affects him in dominion because of the boost in mana regen + health relics. I've seen quite a few people building TF on him which isn't a great idea since he's an assassin. He already does enough burst damage, you don't need the AA Proc. The 250 (or w/e is mana) just isn't worth it for the price. If anything, build a glacial for the CD and armor (because you will want armor at some point. This guy is squishier than ashe.)

As for the evolving. I like to go Q>E>W. Q for the extra damage. E for that extra leapage. Then the W for more health! ;D

The reason I don't go with R is because trying to use R as an escape just doesn't work out so great in dominion (worked great in SR). And to be honest, the 40% damage reduction isn't going to help anything. The reason is because you're only in stealth for 1 second, but there's a 2-4 second CD before using it again so you don't really get that far away. Anyone with a gap closer is going to destroy you if you're trying to run. It's better to stand their and fight. Use the R to get unseen predator and Q their ass. ;D

That's my 2 cents.

TLDR; Upvote if you like Nutella.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Hey i like nutella!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

Senior Member

09-28-2012

I like the R augment better than the W augment.

The W augment is really good for stopping captures and sniping kills when you're not sure where the guy went into the fog. Beyond that, it's meh. The R augment allows you to dive towers for your team and be a mini-tank for a few seconds. It's pretty good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
I like the R augment better than the W augment.

The W augment is really good for stopping captures and sniping kills when you're not sure where the guy went into the fog. Beyond that, it's meh. The R augment allows you to dive towers for your team and be a mini-tank for a few seconds. It's pretty good.
Ah, I never thought about the damage reduction being used to tower dive. That could make it more useful. But the reason I'm still thinking W is a better fit is because of this:

The W does 235 + 90% AD (lets say average for an assassin is around 250AD).
That's 460 damage. On 3 enemies (I've noticed it also has a little splash area as well.)

Now I say 3 enemies because of this: In a team fight, you can leap in with your E, get right in the middle of them and use your W. That's a ****load of damage on at least 3 of their enemies. Not to mention you're going to heal for 480hp (160x3) if you have 0 AP...which you should :P.

So you've done about 800-900 damage with your E/W to 2-4 of their team (assuming they're on top of each other while trying to team fight.) Then you Q the squishy, they're dead. If you're good, keep on Qing, if not, your E is refreshed and FLY AWAY MR COCKROACH!!! hehehe.

(I don't like tower diving, especially as a squishy assassin, so I still would not choose to evolve R, but I see where others would enjoy doing that.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

otirruborez

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Ah, I never thought about the damage reduction being used to tower dive. That could make it more useful. But the reason I'm still thinking W is a better fit is because of this:

The W does 235 + 90% AD (lets say average for an assassin is around 250AD).
That's 460 damage. On 3 enemies (I've noticed it also has a little splash area as well.)

Now I say 3 enemies because of this: In a team fight, you can leap in with your E, get right in the middle of them and use your W. That's a ****load of damage on at least 3 of their enemies. Not to mention you're going to heal for 480hp (160x3) if you have 0 AP...which you should :P.

So you've done about 800-900 damage with your E/W to 2-4 of their team (assuming they're on top of each other while trying to team fight.) Then you Q the squishy, they're dead. If you're good, keep on Qing, if not, your E is refreshed and FLY AWAY MR COCKROACH!!! hehehe.

(I don't like tower diving, especially as a squishy assassin, so I still would not choose to evolve R, but I see where others would enjoy doing that.)
isn't it 90% bonus ad?

if it's total ad that's pretty crazy. that's like an ap mage with a skill with a higher ratio than 1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

09-28-2012

The W heal is once, no matter how many people get hit. You don't get triple heal. Made a custom to check it yesterday.

All his ratios are bonus AD.

As for R diving, you gotta be really good with it, you only get the damage reduction while stealthed, so you need to hit R when the turret shot is on route to you, and not break stealth before it hits you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
As for R diving, you gotta be really good with it, you only get the damage reduction while stealthed, so you need to hit R when the turret shot is on route to you, and not break stealth before it hits you.
Agreed, but this is not as hard as it sounds. The stealth is instant, and you can hit it while the missile is en route to you.

I tried the W augment and I like it a lot more than I did before, but I think building a little AP with a W-centric build feels better. Gunblade, for example, gives you a nice juicy nuke on a bunch of guys (W applies your passive to everyone which scales with both AP and AD and the spellvamp heals you for every target).

I'm actually warming up to Gunblade, it's just an incredible counterpoint to Senguine Blade with a build path with more small parts (which is great on Dominion). You never have to save 1650 gold for a BF sword, you can just buy small parts when you go back and eventually build it.

Gunblade gives you spell vamp, which is better than lifesteal. Spell vamp is better at sustain than Senguine (doesn't require AA to stack, which is good because Kha'zix doesn't AA), a great active for chasing (which you can get earlier with the cutlass), and so on and so forth.

Downside is cost, upside is that you can buy parts more often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

Senior Member

09-28-2012

Didn't realize his R was instant...wasn't that psyched for Kha'zix at first, but now...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-28-2012

on Dominion i Iike R better than W just because R charges his passive, of course Kha zix's evolved W can proc the passive but it's just awkward as hell disengaging far away just to come back and slow some people.

edit: I like Nute-lla but only on its German meaning .
whereas on Sr W+E Evo gives you extreme chasing potential going even further if you level R because lets face it, Sr current Meta takes all the champions moving togeter as a single unit after certain minute mark, which means they are no longer isolated ever, making Q seem not that attractive

so basically my tastes on evolutions are: QER for Dominion and EWR or WER for summonner's rift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

Senior Member

09-28-2012

One major problem I've run into is that if someone builds Lightbringer your ult doesn't do anything. It's sad.

For that reason I'm going to start upgrading W more often. Lightbringer is a real pain.


12