3v3 Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Poz

06-18-2012

So I have been considering jumping onto TT and was wondering what the current meta was and some alternatives, who the preferred champs are (who is broken and who is useless), how viable is jungling and just a few tricks and tips to maybe help a brother out.

On a side not I've been playing quite a bit of Karma with Promote on SR and from her kit and lane pushing abilities I think she would do very well on TT. (I run mPen reds / Mana/5 yellows / AP blues / AP quints to go for more of an early game AP carry then fade off into a quality support)

I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

lillowe10000

06-18-2012

i usually just play with champs that i play with on SR. jungling is pretty useless because most of the time it will be a 3v3 battle because the games go a lot faster. i hope this helps.

Bogoran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

The most common teams you'll find are all bruisers, and a bodyguard type team.

It's usually nice to try to squeeze some AP in your team, but make sure they have cc. Morgana and Swain are good for their tankiness, but you can even do Annie or Anivia if you can.
I couldn't really see Karma, but if you're good I'm sure you can do ok.

You'll see teams though that are just Renekton Yorick and Lee Sin, or Olaf Singed and J4.

For my team, we would usually do the bodyguard thing and have Leona Morgana and Vayne, and just let Vayne roll all over everyone.

Just try to be OP.

Cyleal

06-18-2012

Jax and Poppy.

Jax's ability to leap over almost every wall in TT makes him a very viable candidate. He's an absolute nightmare on that map.

The thinner lanes means Poppy has an easier time laning, and is actually a viable Top candidate, able to take on most people who would also take Top lane, besides Jax and maybe Master Yi.

The usual meta that I see is start with a gank bot, then split into two bottom, one top.

BastilleDalton

06-18-2012

An AD bruiser top. An strong AP bot. A jungler. Teams generally group at mid neutral camps to get early exp or guard their jungler. Often a lvl 1 fight will break out there with the attacking team pushing up middle or coming from top lane. This is what you will see at higher elos.

The Poz

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyleal View Post
Jax and Poppy.

Jax's ability to leap over almost every wall in TT makes him a very viable candidate. He's an absolute nightmare on that map.

The thinner lanes means Poppy has an easier time laning, and is actually a viable Top candidate, able to take on most people who would also take Top lane, besides Jax and maybe Master Yi.

The usual meta that I see is start with a gank bot, then split into two bottom, one top.
Good to see Poppy getting some love. I used to exclusivly play Poppy for about 2 months and got pretty good with her and even did some 3v3s back in the day before the jungle revamp and did pretty well.

The Poz

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastilleDalton View Post
An AD bruiser top. An strong AP bot. A jungler. Teams generally group at mid neutral camps to get early exp or guard their jungler. Often a lvl 1 fight will break out there with the attacking team pushing up middle or coming from top lane. This is what you will see at higher elos.
Do teams try for lizard right away or is it more of an insurance policy so the other team doesn't invade your creep camps?

BastilleDalton

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poz View Post
Do teams try for lizard right away or is it more of an insurance policy so the other team doesn't invade your creep camps?
Some teams do, but it generally doesn't happen until teams have laned for a bit and gained some levels. There is not always an invasion but if one team is stronger at lvl 1, a fight will likely occur. Most of the time teams just kill/leash the smaller neutral buff camps and go to their lane.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

poppy is bad

Cyleal

06-18-2012

I don't see early jungling that often. Usually it's a level 1 teamfight bottom lane before the minions even arrive. The bush in the middle of the lane is good for ambushes so usually all three members of a team will hide in it

To fight this strategy, Alistar + Flash + Q. You'll win the teamfight with that pretty easy if your team has any other AOE moves.

Poppy is by no means bad whatsoever, especially on Twisted Treeline. Getting her to her amazing lategame is even easier and it's so easy to smash people into walls and rack up kills. She can take just about anyone top lane.