AP main trying to find a good champ for 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

09-26-2012

Me and my friends just started playing ranked 3s, but a constant dilemma we come across in team comping is that I only really have AP champs, and am only good at AP champs. I know they are viable in TT, but I can't seem to compile a decent group of 3 or 4 champs to play depending on the enemy team comp. The champions I regularly play and are comfortable with are Brand, Annie, and Morgana. Each of them has a pretty significant drawback though. Brand has really bad CC and team utility, Annie is short range, and Morgana has a really bad early game in regards to defending herself. All of them have no escape, can't 1v1 very well vs bulky champs, and can't jungle very quickly. I'm looking for an AP that is all around decent. Good farmer, decent at 1v1 or at the very least escaping death from a 1v1, good roamer, decent jungler, decent CC, decent damage. Are there any mages that have most of these traits? I'm willing to play anyone, I know I can become good with them with some practice.

AWildZergling

09-26-2012

Singed, gragas, and rumble are supposed to be pretty good. I've personally had a lot of luck with singed,

Shoopman

09-26-2012

Singed is generally banned. I'm thinking about Rumble. Early sorc boots + haunting guise = true damage to the enemy team. As long as I have to heavy hitting physical damage dealers on my team, the enemy team will be forced to build armor, letting me exploit their lack of resistance.

I Get That

09-26-2012

Ap nunu got me to gold, Just build him some tanky items like abyssal, rylais, zonyas, then get a death cap it worked for me if you can wait for cc to go off your ult is ungodly.

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Singed is generally banned. I'm thinking about Rumble. Early sorc boots + haunting guise = true damage to the enemy team. As long as I have to heavy hitting physical damage dealers on my team, the enemy team will be forced to build armor, letting me exploit their lack of resistance.
Usually a smart team will get two decent ap's. One of them will at least always b tanky. This is done so that it is harder to turret dive you because of lack of armor

Shoopman

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Tortoise View Post
Usually a smart team will get two decent ap's. One of them will at least always b tanky. This is done so that it is harder to turret dive you because of lack of armor
Yeah but I just started ranked. All of the teams so far have had 2 or even 3 ADs, I'd rather play to counter that playstyle rather than one that doesn't exist yet in my bracket.

HOBAGG SEAHAWK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

I've had success with Rumble and Ryze.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Rumble and Singed are both phenomenal. I always ban or force-ban/firstpick singed, and find he's normally banned @ my elo (~1200) but when watching high elo matches on spectator, he's often played, so presumably they stop banning him as you get better and they can actually shut him down before he starts to be unkillable.

Haunting Guise is crazy popular lately on tons of aps. On Rumble I get it sometimes, but prefer to rush revolver/rylais. Sorc boots are a very nice luxury, especially if you're doing well, but ninja tabi/merc treads are often required. For Singed, just rush a RoA, buld tanky, then get Abyssal/deathcap. Similar build to Rumble actually. Tanky ap is fun. I've seen many swain's get out-of-control as well.

If teamsm want to throw 3 ads at you, just enjoy the win. Build thornmail/randuins, and negate tons of damage while making it easy to turret-dive. You'll quickly find teams will stop stacking all 1 damage type. I still usually see/use 2ad/1ap, to help with pushing towers.

Diana is also a strong ap - deceptively tanky.

KdubSuperstar

09-27-2012

I always have great success with Fizz. Very nimble and quick, good ganking and escape. Can jungle well later game with his W, especially if you get spell vamp. Can still do phemominal burst damage and can 1v1 and farm very well against most champs on TT. Just my opinion.

Dig15times

10-02-2012

Morde is number 1. Seriously. Or, I like Nunu, Brand, and Kassadin. If you have a good enough premade, and you aren't looking necessarily for an AP, just a good carry, try Nasus. Play him tanky, with carry runes, and a Triforce. If your team can hold out till he reaches godmode, you win.