Soraka Champion Spotlight with Visual Upgrade

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brocious

09-26-2012

Ok, someone help me. He said to take heart of gold, lucky pick, and phil stone, but it says unique passive on them, so i thought the gold generation on those wouldnt stack??? why would he say to grab those 3 items??

Mystique x

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocious View Post
Ok, someone help me. He said to take heart of gold, lucky pick, and phil stone, but it says unique passive on them, so i thought the gold generation on those wouldnt stack??? why would he say to grab those 3 items??
its unique to that one said item so 3 different gp5 items of them have different uniquenesses

Mystique x

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocious View Post
and another rule of thumb these champion spotlight builds are usually horrible so go to solomid.net and get an actual decent build made by skilled players.

Arcane Azmadi

09-26-2012

NEVER start with Astral Blessing at level 1. Using Astral Blessing presupposes that someone on your team takes damage first, so taking it is planning for a NEGATIVE encounter. Start with Infuse- it gives you free, long-range, low cooldown damage and CC if you encounter an enemy and lets your lane ally start spamming their own skills right from the start, giving them a considerable edge in lane. As long as your partner isn't an idiot and doesn't get caught before both of you hit level 2, Infuse will give you much more flexibility and ability to influence the game.

Also, only a moron would suggest maxing Infuse last on an AP carry Soraka. The long duration silence and free damage is what allows Soraka to stand up to enemy mid champions, NOT Starcall. Astral Blessing isn't even that useful when your lane opponent will be doing magic damage rather than physical. Mage Soraka wants to go Infuse>Starcall>Astral Blessing.

Also, have you ever considered Lich Bane on an AP Soraka? With CDR, Starcall will proc it practically every time the cooldown is off and the MS bonus is helpful.

I also suggest Ghost over Flash. Since the nerfs Flash simply isn't as reliable an escape as it used to be and Soraka doesn't have any clutch "Flash+skill" combos like a lot of other champions (eg Sona Flash+Crescendo, Taric Flash+Dazzle, Alistar Flash+Pulverise etc). The consistant speed bonus from Ghost and ability to ignore unit collision is a lot more useful for keeping her in the right position and letting her keep up with/ahead of other champions, especially when she's chasing someone down to keep spamming Starcall on them.

Menea6587

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique x View Post
and another rule of thumb these champion spotlight builds are usually horrible so go to solomid.net and get an actual decent build made by skilled players.
No, that Soraka build was pretty spot on.
Zeke's is a bit situational though. Might be better to swap for Soul Shroud, Abyssal, or just some more health depending on the situation.

Menea6587

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
NEVER start with Astral Blessing at level 1. Using Astral Blessing presupposes that someone on your team takes damage first, so taking it is planning for a NEGATIVE encounter. Start with Infuse- it gives you free, long-range, low cooldown damage and CC if you encounter an enemy and lets your lane ally start spamming their own skills right from the start, giving them a considerable edge in lane. As long as your partner isn't an idiot and doesn't get caught before both of you hit level 2, Infuse will give you much more flexibility and ability to influence the game.

Also, only a moron would suggest maxing Infuse last on an AP carry Soraka. The long duration silence and free damage is what allows Soraka to stand up to enemy mid champions, NOT Starcall. Astral Blessing isn't even that useful when your lane opponent will be doing magic damage rather than physical. Mage Soraka wants to go Infuse>Starcall>Astral Blessing.

Also, have you ever considered Lich Bane on an AP Soraka? With CDR, Starcall will proc it practically every time the cooldown is off and the MS bonus is helpful.

I also suggest Ghost over Flash. Since the nerfs Flash simply isn't as reliable an escape as it used to be and Soraka doesn't have any clutch "Flash+skill" combos like a lot of other champions (eg Sona Flash+Crescendo, Taric Flash+Dazzle, Alistar Flash+Pulverise etc). The consistant speed bonus from Ghost and ability to ignore unit collision is a lot more useful for keeping her in the right position and letting her keep up with/ahead of other champions, especially when she's chasing someone down to keep spamming Starcall on them.
Flash Banana is the most OP KS ability in the game.

Effigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Yay! Phreak said "Tons!"

Vivvi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

I just wished they updated the Divine Soraka skin as well...it just seems so lazy to change the staff only when Dryad got a massive, beautiful overhaul.

Offthesak

09-26-2012

Sweet, an un-balanced champ is getting a reskin so i'll be seeing these in every game now instead of 4/5 games. Top 5 broken champs in LoL

CarboTheCat

09-26-2012

WOTA = AP soraka core item TT