Fixing endgame 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clemroc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

FIXED: New Shivering Isles map fixed the problem by making inhibitor opening larger, and adding a wall between platform so that summoners cant heal so fast/pull mobs under it!

When playing 3v3 games, it might happen that the game stalls for very long.
From my experience, there has been many games (ranked and normal) through which my team was owning the enemy team (breaking their towers without losing ours, having greater farm and kpd, etc)...
However, 3v3 has ONE big problem: The losing team can just defend and farm through their broken inhibs, and stall the game for over 70 minutes.
You cant push past their broken inhibs (they'll run back to base and heal, to come back 5 seconds later to bash your face). This makes the game incredibly hard to win, and completely painful/un-enjoyable.
What's more, if you get aced, no matter how better you played compared to them, with the 50sec death timer they WILL probably win the game. This makes it very UNrewarding for the team that has been winning all game long, that ends up losing its rating in such a lame way.

HOW to fix it?
Quite simple: make it so that every time you break their inhibitors (past the first one), your minions get stronger. This way, the losing team wont turtle the game, and you wont have to resort to **** tactics such as flashing over their wall to try and break their Nexus as fast as possible.

My reason for this pseudo-rant? Its not the first time this happens to my team. We get all the dragons in a 60 minutes game (thats a LOT of dragons), and destroy their inhibs every time they respawn...yet you still lose the game because they can freefarm from their summoner platform. Quite unfair, quite stupid, and yet so easy to fix!

TknRabbi

09-25-2012

It depends, lately I've seen turtling as an easier and easier strategy to get past.....Sure I love playing 3v3 because I know if I play well, I can get a few games in an hour rather then one or two.....but I've grown past getting mad at the turtling team, and have seen it rather as their desire to win as much as I want to win.....Item builds and champion choice will shut down a turtling team quicker then you think!

For example, having a Blitzcrank that can yank the turtling team's carry back out from the fountain before he gets there can dramatically change the effectiveness of such a turtle. A carry that decides to pick up GA late game rather then more glass cannon can ruin a turtle as well.....I've found GA to be a lifesaver in those situations, especially when you can see the turtle coming, and build it as your fourth item instead of your last, before the enemy team can get solidified into their shell.....I'll edit and add more when I have time, but I'll say I've seen turtling become less effective with good teammates on your side....

AWildZergling

09-26-2012

You just gotta go balls deep and tower dive. Tell your tankiest person to run in and initiate, and if your winning as hard as you said you were then you should be able to either ace, or do some decent damage to the tower. Then, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Clemroc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

@TknRabbi Yes, I agree that a GA ca help, but if youre playing against a Kayle (who already has her ult), its hard to break double GA. Sure, if she ults I can get away and come back when she doesnt have it, but its still hard.

@AWildZergling: When you already destroyed all theit towers, what's left is their 5k hp Nexus. The Nexus also has an INCREDIBLE hp regeneration.

Riot said multiple times that they intend League of Legends to be an aggressive-active kind of play, not a 100% passive one. If after breaking the SAME inhib twice, the creeps get a slight buff (5% hp or damage perhaps), then it would be rewarding to the team that has been playing well.

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
When playing 3v3 games, it might happen that the game stalls for very long.
From my experience, there has been many games (ranked and normal) through which my team was owning the enemy team (breaking their towers without losing ours, having greater farm and kpd, etc)...
However, 3v3 has ONE big problem: The losing team can just defend and farm through their broken inhibs, and stall the game for over 70 minutes.
You cant push past their broken inhibs (they'll run back to base and heal, to come back 5 seconds later to bash your face). This makes the game incredibly hard to win, and completely painful/un-enjoyable.
What's more, if you get aced, no matter how better you played compared to them, with the 50sec death timer they WILL probably win the game. This makes it very UNrewarding for the team that has been winning all game long, that ends up losing its rating in such a lame way.

HOW to fix it?
Quite simple: make it so that every time you break their inhibitors (past the first one), your minions get stronger. This way, the losing team wont turtle the game, and you wont have to resort to **** tactics such as flashing over their wall to try and break their Nexus as fast as possible.

My reason for this pseudo-rant? Its not the first time this happens to my team. We get all the dragons in a 60 minutes game (thats a LOT of dragons), and destroy their inhibs every time they respawn...yet you still lose the game because they can freefarm from their summoner platform. Quite unfair, quite stupid, and yet so easy to fix!

Just stop destroying their inhibs.....really just ace or at least get two of them then destroy their turret...pretty simple really However i do like the idea of minions getting stronger every time you destroy their inhibs, but how much stronger and wat if they destroy yours does your minoins shut down or do theirs just simply get stronger?

ragnaraq

09-26-2012

Turtling is the main part of Twisted Treeline for a losing team. So what if the nexus has fast regen? If u have their main turret down, you automatically win, unless yours is down too. It's not as hard as you make it out to be. If this happens a lot, I send someone top to get ultd three times and distract while baiting them away, while the other two push bot. There is many strategies. You can ward to jump inside base with tele or a move. All it requires is choosing a champ that can get in and kill nexus with a move or summoners spell. All turtling does is prolong the game, they rarely win unless they can pull u in fountain or ace you. Get the dragon, push, win.

Cocona Vatel

09-27-2012

turtling stopped working back when the platform turret range got nuked and the healing from tts platform was massivly reduced.

These days if u cant win they generally let u take the inhib so they can deny ur team farm

Clemroc

09-28-2012

@Soft Tortoise

The mechanics of how this would work would, of course, have to be thought and implemented, but I do believe this addition will make the game more exciting.
If the losing team manages to perform an ace or break an enemy inhib, I guess the bonus could reset for your minions, and theirs would "level up"?

Kari Arisu

09-28-2012

What.
There is so much wrong in this thread.

The way TT is set up now is a major flaw, because once you destroy the squishy-as-hell Nexus Turret, you can just flash over the wall and win the game at any point. This causes the enemy team to not be able to leave base to push or farm without risking the entire game.

Clemroc

10-30-2012

Its fixed, with the new Shivering Isles 3v3 map
Riot made the inhibitor area bigger so that people cant turtle, and added a wall so that you cant heal so fast/pull mobs to platform
Apparently, I was right!
@Kai Arisu, see? There is no "wrong", only fixed stuff!