Should I unlock Nunu as my 1st hero?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oOTeeNyOO

11-29-2009

Well i wanna play a different Champion other than the ones given and i was wondering if i should save my points or spend on a hero like Nunu.

FalseMyrmidon

11-29-2009

Do you like Nunu? If yes then buy him. If you don't then don't buy him.

Cyths

11-29-2009

Yes

Jazzminkey

11-29-2009

soraka wins games and is dirt cheap

doomenstein

11-29-2009

^^same with Sivir

FalseMyrmidon

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomenstein View Post
^^same with Sivir
Sivir is bad.

h4rdcor3

11-29-2009

I like playing nunu. Just a funny champion. Also Soraka + Nunu = snowball to the face!

Decae

11-29-2009

Sivirs pretty good.

TokinPrez

11-29-2009

Well this depends on if you like Nunu or not. He is cheap to buy but that does not equate to his worth.

Nunu is a fantastic hybrid and so you can enjoy some different builds with him and if your new he is pretty easy to play and I find him also to be a lot of fun. He is one of the champs I play fairly often.

Nunu has a very strong early game, your snowball hits like a truck and debuffs the enemy making you good at harassing and I often can nail a first blood with him as well.

Nunu shines early though mid game being able to gank well, push towers power and so on. I do find late game he falls slightly behind but then manages to make up for it by moving into a more support role by keeping your carry buffed with boiling blood.

Your ult is amazing but also easy to shut down, that is the hardest part of using Nunu, learning when to ult to get the most out of it.

If your new and never got to play all the characters...then Nunu can be a good choice because he does let you get a taste of different styles, is useful to the team, fun and pretty simple to pick up.

RIOT - I really think all new accounts should get a full champion list trial or even limit it to new accounts in practice / bot games. I can not imagine being brand new and not being able to try them all out. It would make it really painful to know what champions I would want to buy with IP or Riot Points, make it hard for me to know what fits me and frustrate me by blindly picking ones I do not like.

Yes giving champ rotation is nice and offers players different types of roles to enjoy with each champ per rotation, but that is still very limiting.

IE, I can roll with Rammus for free right now who is a tank but he plays nothing like Cho'Gath. And a player could say enjoy Rammus and decide to buy another tank and find they hate them because they are nothing like Rammus. Or the opposite they could just think Cho'Gath looked really coool, buy them and find out it is not they play style.

Keeping rotation is nice for people who are new or can not afford to just buy all the champs they want. Rotation could also be a neat game mode where games are limited to rotation picks.

In general though I think all new accounts should get a 2 week full champion trial while in practice games in order to educate themselves to make better purchases and be better players overall.

goldemerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadpandas View Post

IE, I can roll with Rammus for free right now who is a tank but he plays nothing like Cho'Gath. And a player could say enjoy Rammus and decide to buy another tank and find they hate them because they are nothing like Rammus. Or the opposite they could just think Cho'Gath looked really coool, buy them and find out it is not they play style.
People not liking cho'gath!?!?!
how can you not liek OM NOM NOM NOM