This is why 1500-1800 is the real Elo hell

1234511 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IWinByLosing

09-25-2012

Because the majority of players in this elo range are there because of elo jobs. These players give their accounts to better players and those better players raise the elo on that account to gold for them. When the real owner of the account plays again, they are out of their league and get dominated, most likely losing the game for the team.

Want proof?

http://www.solomid.net/livestream.php?s=3756

This player is Hafu. Her real account name is rumay which is at 2200+ elo.

Yesterday, she streamed on the account Hurious (at high 1400 elo) and the title of her stream was "Helping a friend get gold". In the game, when she was losing lane as Ahri, she said: "This is not my account, I usually run mana regen runes."
Edit Update: Since the start of boosting the account, the account is now gold with an elo high of 1575 and currently 1540 elo with over 80% of the games played and won as Ahri. After obtaining gold, no more ranked games were played (currently more than 2 weeks without a ranked game played). Typical elo job behavior as pointed out by Riot staff? Yep.

Today, she's on another friends account Hosebeast doing the same thing, this time at 1200 elo. Although she has not admitted to it being a friend's account yet, her ranked stats say differently. It is clearly not her smurf account. The stats on Ahri on that account are currently 0-3 and less than 2.0 KDA. She is currently 11-1 in the game as Ahri and her usual KDA on her real account as Ahri is ~3.0. In addition, the champions played on this account are not the same as her usual champions on her real account.
Edit Update: Since the start of boosting the account Hosebeast, her record as Ahri is now 22-10 with 3.78 KDA, which started from a record of 0-3 and 1.8 KDA from the real account owner.
Edit Update 2: The account Hosebeast is now at 1422 elo high (currently 1361 elo) from a starting point of ~1200 elo when Hafu started elo jobbing. Same pattern. The majority of the games played and won were on Ahri. Free season 2 silver reward undeservingly.

Elo jobbing her friends accounts to gold, when her friends can't even get to gold themselves, is why true elo hell is at 1500-1800.

Also, that blatant violation of Terms of Service:

C. Login Credentials. In creating an Account, you will be required to select a unique username and password (collectively, “Login Credentials”), which you will use each time you access the Game. You may not share your Account with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein, and you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Credentials and for any and all activities (including purchases and charges, as applicable) that are conducted through your Account. Please notify Riot Games immediately if you become aware of any breach of security, including any loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of your Login Credentials.

Edit: Update: This picture from her twitter account explains it all. Elo jobbing those 1100 elos to gold. Explains why you get those players that go 0-20 even in gold.

Edit: This is not implying that she is the sole reason for bad players at gold, but a solid example of why and how they get to gold. Hafu was only used as an example because the proof was blatantly out in the public and on stream. Other wiser players usually try to keep elo jobs a secret since they are being paid to do it.

Edit: Update: Pic of her stream. Notice the user, which is a moderator in her channel, with the same name as the account she was playing on when she was elo jobbing. This confirms it was definitely not her smurf account. Same with the fourth picture.

Edit: Update 10/12/2012: Hafu has now removed the incriminating evidence from her Twitter account. As seen in the 5th picture compared to the first 2 pictures where she asked for accounts and specifically said "Maybe get silver/gold on? #freeelo".

Edit Update (10/20/2012): Thread about another boosted account, EvilMaran: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post30445759

A shadowy figure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Too many guys giving girls elo jobs in exchange for other kinds of jobs

Mech KhaZix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

The low 1500s is the worst. People fresh off of Elo jobs just weigh me down.

I am 1541 Elo and I approve this message

Shooting Stars

09-25-2012

Honestly who really cares, if you deserve a certain elo you'll get there eventually.

Wafting Jazz

09-25-2012

I have some people at 1500 who are okay and some people who are at the same elo who are just the worst. I assume it's either from playing only one role until 1500 and deciding to practice a new role in a ranked game or lo jobs.

Dartirill

09-25-2012

Dude that would make sense. I just had two of the worst players I've ever seen in a game. Like should have been 1200 or something. Im 1600, or just under it now.

IWinByLosing

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Term View Post
Honestly who really cares, if you deserve a certain elo you'll get there eventually.
Good luck getting there when the players on your team are there from elo jobs. Those players that can't even get to that elo themselves are going to be a real benefit for your team.

GrowlyGuts

09-25-2012

Its a pretty bold statement to say the majority of people are there because someone else played their account.

In fact i think it is safe to say that the statement is outright false.

john

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Term View Post
and if you don't, just pay someone to do it for you!

p.s. is "eventually" sometime within the next month? let's hope so, amirite?

Eshk

09-25-2012

Everyone at this elo thinks there the next pro

1234511 ... 32