Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Friedrich - the Drugganaut

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

09-25-2012

Friedrich Kandel Scheele - the Drugganaut
544182 562488

Quote:
Creator Notes:
Drugganaut - Pass the Vodka, Comrade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQw9RyB2pqo&feature=BFa&list=PL2EE8FB121175F731) was my inpiration to make Friedrich, a genius chemist who uses his discoverys to gain fame and fortune, in order to do for others what he couldnt do for his own mother.
Friedrich is a condition champion, his skills are always influenced by how much, AP, AD or MR+Armor he has.

ex:if he builds AP...he is kinda supportive (more AP than AD or MR and Armor)
AD...assassin/carry...or somenthing like it (more AD than AP or MR and Armor)
MR or Armor....obviously....tanky (more MR and Armor than AD or AP )

what this means? it mean Friedrich's have 12 skills...he cant use them all ...
and YES if he use both skills on himself he will gain both effects...

Quote:
Lore:
Not so long ago, a poor boy who grow up without his father, deceased for poisoning on a mine labor, Friedrich was teached by his mother to, never quit studying, for that he never end up like his father or her. So time passed and he enters the Zaun's College, and by that year he discovered that his mother got sick, for the same reason his father has died so many years ago. He starts to study chemestry in order to build medicines for his own mother and so many others who suffers from the same fate.At the college he knew Viktor a brilliant engineer, so both of them start to work together to solve his own problems. Viktor helps Friedrich developing a bed to administrate the medicines made by Friedrich, but that takes too long, as soon Friedrich develops medicines to relieve the pain and keep the lungs working his mother Rosia Scheele passed away. Wich he only knew about this news on the train back home.
Despair take place on his heart, he tries to kill hilmself injecting all of remedies he got, but, for his surprise not even the monstruous quantity of drugs on his vains he didnt die, so disturbed for the reasons for why he didnt die, he found another villagers sick too, then he decides to help the people who needs the most. he gave all of his medicines to the poor people and goes to destroy the mines, when he reaches there a friend of him was already waiting and together Friedrich, Viktor and The Red Army, finish with all of those people problems.
By that time Viktor was developing Blitzcrank, he still didnt have any mechanical parts and got very injured, but with the chemics of Friedrich, he was saved and returned to Zaun's College of Techmaturgy, leaving his friend taking care of his own, Friedrich's revolution, caught, not only the attention of Summoners, but also the Red Army.

Mariah Fergs, Zaun's Newspaper Reporter

Quote:

Innate - Advanced Chemistry: Friedrich's can use his own body to experiments his chemical drugs, changing his skillset based on wich value is greater.Ability Power, Attack Damage, Magic Resist or Armor. Only 2 skillsets can be used at time.

Quote:

Q - Cyanide: Friedrich uses this chemical to harm enemies. Handle with care.

AP Cyanide: Passive. Gains AP bonus based on current Friedrich's level.
Skillshot - Target enemy champion, .

Passive AP bonus: 10 + 2 x (level) 46 at lvl 18
Buff Duration: 3 seconds
Grievous Wounds Duration: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 seconds
Range: 600
Mana Cost: 75 Mana
Cooldown: 10 seconds

AD Cyanide: Skillshot - The enemies under effect of Cyanide are slowed and damaged over time, the slow amount is stackable up to 3 stacks over 4 seconds period.When reaches full slow stacks Cyanide damages the target again.

Full Stacks Damage : 30, 50, 70, 90, 110 (+0.3 Total AD)
Slow: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18% MS
Buff Duration: 4 seconds
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 15

Tank Cyanide: Passive. Gains MR and Armor bonuses based on current Friedrich's level.
Skillshot - Friedrich envolves the enemy in a cloud of Cyanide, damaging enemies in a area around him.

Passive MR and Armor Bonuses: 5 + 2 x (level) 41 at lvl 18
Damage: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 (+ 0.7 Total AP)
Cloud Duration: 5 seconds
AoE: 600 units
Mana Cost: 60

Quote:

W - Methylphenidate: Friedrich can inject this on him or others to buff up. DO NOT exceed dose prescription.

AP Methylphenidate: Friedrich injects Methylphenidate directly on target ally champion granting bonus MS and AS, this bonuses decrease overtime.

MS Boost: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60%
AS Boost: 20, 25, 30, 35, 40%
Buff Duration: 3 seconds, losing 33% per second
Mana Cost: 80

AD Methylphenidate: Passive. Gains AD bonus based on current Friedrich's level, it also increase sigtht range slightly.
When under effect of Methylphenidate, Friedrich can see stealth units and next auto attack will mark the target. Friedrich have bonus damage against the enemy marked. Marked target also deals less damage to Friedrich.

Passive AD bonus: 5 + 1,5 x (level) 32 at lvl 18
Damage Increase: 10% (+0.30 Total AD)
Damage Reduction: 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20%
Sight Increase: 200, 225, 250, 275, 300 (+ his normal vision range)
Debuff Duration: 3 seconds
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 10

Tank Methylphenidate: Passively grants bonus MS.
When cast Friedrich's next auto attack will stun and slightly knockback the target.

Passive MS bonus: 5 + 4 x (level) 77 at lvl 18
Stun Duration: 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2 seconds
Knockback: 125 units (estimate)
Mana Cost: 45

Quote:

E - Morphine: Use in case of a dangerous situation. Beware overdosis.

AP Morphine: Passive increase mana regen based on mana missed.
Target an ally champion, he/she will receive less damage and will receive bonus healing from all sources. This effect resets if the target kills an enemy, only one ally can be affected by Morphine at the time.

Passive Mana Regen: 0.5 per every 1% missing
Heal Increase: 20% (+ 0.1 Total AP)
Damage Reduction: 11, 12 13, 14, 15%
Buff Duration: 4 seconds
Mana Cost: 75
Cooldown: 10

AD Morphine: Passive Friedrich gains Crowd Control reduction.
Felling numb, Friedrich gains AS, but only for few attacks, and for every 10% total health losted Friedrich explodes bags of blood and chemicals dealing damage in all foes in a area.

Passive Crowd Control Reduction: 20, 22.5, 25, 27.5, 30% (stack with Tenacity)
Explosion Damage: 50% of the damage taken (+0.2 Total AD) as Physical Damage
AoE Size: 500 units
AS Boost: 100, 120, 140, 160, 180% for 3 basic attacks or 3 seconds
Mana Cost: 90
Cooldown: 20

Tank Morphine: Friedrich will receive massive damage reduction for a short period, killing or assisting will reset this effect.

Damage Reduction: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60% for 4 seconds
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 25

Quote:

R - Drugganaut: Friedrich needs a syringe to apply this. Syringes can be purchased at Vendor and can be stored up to 5.

AP Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and makes a target immune to crowd control and healing them overtime based on total health.

Immune Duration: 2, 2.5, 3 seconds
Heal: 45% in 3, 2.5, 2 seconds
Mana Cost: 150
Cooldown: 60

AD Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and rip the face of the target enemy dealing damage based on current health, blinding and removing sigth for a short period, he also is healed by halve of the damage dealt

Damage: 35% current health
Blind and Sigth Duration: 1.5, 2, 2.5 seconds

Tank Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and gain high amount of health for a short period, this bonus health is losted after few seconds.

Health Bonus: 300, 600, 900 (+ 15% Total Health).
Duration: 5 seconds

Quote:
Statistics
Health: 8/10
Damage: 8/10
Spell: 8/10
Dificulty: 8/10

Quote:
Base Stats

Health: 500 (+80) = 1940
Health Regen: 7 (+0.7) = 19.6
Mana: 350 (+50) = 1250
Mana Regen: 7 (+0.7) = 19.6
Attack Damage: 55 (+4) = 127
Attack Speed: 0.6(+3%) = 0.924
Armor: 22 (+2.5) = 67
Magic Res: 30 (+1) = 48
Range: 115
Mov. Speed: 320

Quote:
Quotes

Upon Selection:
For my mother Rosia

Moving/Attacking:
Tastes like Coconut.
30% infusion should be enough.
Are you ready? Because here a go!
Does it hurt? You have no idea Comrade!
Lets try this.
chemistry helps a lot, or at least helps ME a lot.
Its only a pinch.
Afraid of needles? You should fear ME!
У меня не так? U menya ne tak? (means "am i wrong?" in Russian)

Taunt:
I can't feel A THING...but you will...

Joke:
i dare you to say Hydroxisulphiltimetradeyde 3 times in a row.
Authorities are always knocking on my door, i have a snitch....

Dance: Claps his hands like a non-dancing nerd in a family party

Dying Animation:Starts to leak some chemicals from his body,so he grabs a syringe and injects something (anesthetic), sits down and fade back saying "This will be my last moments".

Leo Tomita Index Page (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2283882&highlight=leo)

Leo Tomita

09-27-2012

i think i have finally finished!

Leo Tomita

10-03-2012

better explanations added

Leo Tomita

10-06-2012

Quotes added

Leo Tomita

10-07-2012

soundtrack added....Lore by tomorrow i think

Wuju Fight Me

10-07-2012

Seems unnecessarily complicated for a LOL champ, but I do like the idea of a super hybrid that builds anything.

Leo Tomita

10-19-2012

Quote:
Asylum Hunter:
Seems unnecessarily complicated for a LOL champ, but I do like the idea of a super hybrid that builds anything.

we need weird champs...thinking outside the box!

oh new draw added

Leo Tomita

10-20-2012

quotes added

Mytharionas

10-28-2012

This looks extraordinarily complex, so this will require a very thorough review.

Quote:
Friedrich, a genius chemist who uses his discoverys to gain fame and fortune, in order to do for others what he couldnt do for his own mother.
Friedrich is a condition champion, his skills are always influenced by how much, AP, AD or MR+Armor he has.

I like the concept, and his story sounds appropriately maudlin. I must say, the idea of a champion whose skills change based on his statistics sounds incredibly difficult to manage. Let's see how you've done this...

I must warn you, I am still not well versed in ability numbers. Most of my comments will be about other factors.
Quote:

Innate - Advanced Chemistry: Friedrich's can use his own body to experiments his chemical drugs, changing his skillset based on wich value is greater.Ability Power, Attack Damage, Magic Resist or Armor. Only 2 skillsets can be used at time.

An interesting concept, but one question needs to be raised: How does one switch between skillsets? Is it a mechanic built into another skill?

Quote:
Q - Cyanide: Friedrich uses this chemical to harm enemies. Handle with care.

AP Cyanide: Passive. Gains AP bonus based on current Friedrich's level.
Skillshot - Target ally champion, and his skills and basic attacks will apply Grievous Wounds for few seconds.
AD Cyanide: Self-Cast - For next few attacks, have bonus damage and slow, the slow amount is stackable up to 3 stacks over 4 seconds period.When reaches full slow stacks Cyanide damages the target again.
Tank Cyanide: Passive. Gains MR and Armor bonuses based on current Friedrich's level.
Self Cast - Friedrich envolves himself in a cloud of Cyanide, damaging enemies in a area around him.

First off, when Cyanide is described as "used to harm enemies" why are two of the Cyanide abilities used on yourself and allies? I can only imagine that would cause confusion for the player. I'll split my comments across the three skills in an attempt to keep things streamlined:

AP: The passive is pretty nice, but the active...a skillshot that only target allies, when it hits, grants a target Grievous Wounds. Strange, to say the least.
AD: A buff that lets his attack deals bonus damage, slows the target and deals more damage based on a cumulative mechanic. Very threatening, but we'll have to look at the full set.
Tank: Passive defense boost. Damages nearby enemies. Simple, but could be effective.

Quote:
W - Methylphenidate: Friedrich can inject this on him or others to buff up. DO NOT exceed dose prescription.

AP Methylphenidate: Friedrich injects Methylphenidate directly on target ally champion granting bonus MS and AS, this bonuses decrease overtime.
AD Methylphenidate: Passive. Gains AD bonus based on current Friedrich's level, it also increase sigtht range slightly. When under effect of Methylphenidate, Friedrich can see stealth units and next auto attack will mark the target. Friedrich have bonus damage against the enemy marked. Marked target also deals less damage to Friedrich.
Tank Methylphenidate: Passively grants bonus MS. When cast Friedrich's next auto attack will stun and slightly knockback the target.

This one is a bit more cohesive than Cyanide was. Every skill does actually affect himself or others. The passives seem rather simplistic so i'm probably not going to say much about them. With that said, here's my breakdown:

AP: Attack and movement speed buff that decreases over time. Seems like a good skill to have in a pinch.
AD: Stealth detection and a marking attack, marked targets deal less damage and take more. A great skill to have for dueling, or hunting down Teemos.
Tank: A stun and slight knockback. I'm wondering how this would work with his other abilities.

Quote:
E - Morphine: Use in case of a dangerous situation. Beware overdosis.

AP Morphine: Passive increase mana regen based on mana missed.
Target an ally champion, he/she will receive less damage and will receive bonus healing from all sources. This effect resets if the target kills an enemy, only one ally can be affected by Morphine at the time.
AD Morphine: Passive Friedrich gains Crowd Control reduction.
Felling numb, Friedrich gains AS, but only for few attacks, and for every 10% total health losted Friedrich explodes bags of blood and chemicals dealing damage in all foes in a area.
Tank Morphine: Friedrich will receive massive damage reduction for a short period, killing or assisting will reset this effect.

Morphine seems to be a huge boost in all cases, and it would also benefit from precise timing. The passives seem pretty strong, so i'll keep them in mind during the breakdown:

AP: Passive mana regen that is similar to Chalice of Harmony. On top of that, your ally can recieve less damage and more healing. Only one target can be affected, but it resets duration when the target kills an enemy. At first glance a decent skill, but the damage reduction scaling might need to be looked at.
AD: Passive CC reduction that stacks with tenacity. Then there's a 3 attack AS bonus, with the added effect of retaliatory blood bag explosions. It's a nifty active, but the passive might be a bit more important.
Tank: Take less damage, killing resets the effect. Simple, but serviceable.

Quote:
R - Drugganaut: Friedrich needs a syringe to apply this. Syringes can be purchased at Vendor and can be stored up to 5.

AP Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and makes a target immune to crowd control and healing them overtime based on total health.
AD Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and rip the face of the target enemy dealing damage based on current health, blinding and removing sigth for a short period, he also is healed by halve of the damage dealt
Tank Drugganaut: Friedrich will double his passives and gain high amount of health for a short period, this bonus health is losted after few seconds.

All variants of Drugganaut double the passives of his current skillset. More on that in a moment:

AP: CC Immunity and healing 45% of the targets maximum over a few seconds. Very strong support skill.
AD: Blinds a target and removes vision for a few seconds. He is healed by half the damage he deals. Pretty good against singular targets, but there is one thing to keep in mind. At rank 5 of Morphine, that's 30% CC reduction. With Drugganaut, it becomes 60%. If it doesn't stack with CC, adding Mercury Treads into the mix would grant an approximate 85% CC reduction. Is this intentional?
Tank: Bonus health for a few seconds. Again, simple but very effective. Noticing a theme with the tank abilities.

Great calamity kittens, that took a long time to write. But there is one last thing to do regarding the skills. I'm going to put these skills with each other and see what sets come out.

AP Skillset:

AP Cyanide: Passive - Bonus AP. Active - Skillshot that only target allies, when it hits, grants a target Grievous Wounds.
AP Methylphenidate: Bonus AS and MS buff that decays over time.
AP Morphine: Passive - Mana regen based on missing mana. Active - Your ally recieves less damage and more healing. Only one target can be affected, but it resets duration when the target kills an enemy
AP Drugganaut: Doubles all passives and gives CC immunity as well as healing them for 45% over a few seconds.

This is the first skillset i've seen where every ability is a support tool. While this does give Friedrich massive support power, having no offensive tool for it whatsoever seems rather damning. Then again, seeing as how Friedrich has switchable skillsets, I suppose he has some leeway in that particular situation.

AD Skillset:

AD Cyanide: For next few attacks, Friedrich has bonus damage and slow, the slow amount is stackable up to 3 stacks over 4 seconds period.When reaches full slow stacks Cyanide damages the target .
AD Methylphenidate: Passive - Gain Attack Damage and Range. Active - When under effect of Methylphenidate, Friedrich can see stealth units and next auto attack will mark the target. Friedrich have bonus damage against the enemy marked. Marked target also deals less damage to Friedrich.
AD Morphine: Passive - Crowd Control reduction. Active - Friedrich gains AS for 3 attacks, and for every 10% total health lost Friedrich explodes bags of blood and chemicals dealing damage in all foes in a area.
AD Drugganaut: Doubles passives and deals damage based on current health, blinding and removing sight for a short period. He is also healed by half of the damage dealt.

AD Friedrich seems exceptionally powerful when it comes to assassination or dueling. Almost too strong with the 85% potential CC reduction I mentioned earlier. Pretty good job done here.

Tank Skillset:

Tank Cyanide: Passive - Gains MR and Armor. Active - Friedrich surrounds himself in a cloud of cyanide, damaging enemies in a area around him.
Tank Methylphenidate: Passive - grants bonus MS. Active - Friedrich's next auto attack will stun and slightly knockback the target.

The abilities are simple and concise, but with only one method of CC, i'm not sure if Friedrich can manage the tank role in an effective manner. He has survivability in spades, but next to nothing in giving the enemy a reason to attack him. Unless you start the fight off in AD or AP mode and use Tank mode to survive the damage that come at you then, this set may need a bit more added to it.

Final Thoughts:
That frighteningly long post was my review of Friedrich's abilities. To sum things up in a short manner, The AP set is pure support, The AD set is a very strong assassin. The Tank set, while it has heavy survivability, doesn't appear have enough to it to make itself a major threat. I can only assume that the ability to switch seamlessly between different skillsets is integral to the playstyle that would allow Friedrick to fulfill the roles he is suited for.

It's a very interesting concept, and I like the lore as well as the quotes, but there are some ways I think it could be improved.

1. See what the Tank set seems to need in order to fulfill the Tank role.

2. Take a look at the CC reduction on the AD set

3. This one is just personal taste, but the names of the abilities don't really jive with me. Cyanide, methampopotamus, and morphine seem a bit out of place in LoL. I would recommend names like Elixir Type-C or Baleful Concoction instead of Cyanide.

Hope this review helps you out with Friedrick. It was an interesting read, and hopefully some of what I wrote can help you improve this champion.

(If I wrote this on a stone tablet, that tablet can double as a castle wall. I need some rest after writing that one.)

Leo Tomita

10-28-2012

Quote:
An interesting concept, but one question needs to be raised: How does one switch between skillsets? Is it a mechanic built into another skill?

no....both skills are activated at the same time...good effects on him and allies...bad effects on enemies...if he builds AP and Tank...and use some skill on himself or allie the both effects will take effect...capische?
Quote:
First off, when Cyanide is described as "used to harm enemies" why are two of the Cyanide abilities used on yourself and allies? I can only imagine that would cause confusion for the player. I'll split my comments across the three skills in an attempt to keep things streamlined:
MY BAD..im not good in writting stuff..on the fixind process

Quote:
AP: The passive is pretty nice, but the active...a skillshot that only target allies, when it hits, grants a target Grievous Wounds. Strange, to say the least.
i will CHANGE the active AP part...

Quote:
or hunting down Teemos.
EXACTLY!!!! ill make a T-Shirt writeen "Teemo's Must Die!!!"
Quote:
Tank: A stun and slight knockback. I'm wondering how this would work with his other abilities.
Build Friedrich as AD/ Tank...mark the target...chase Teemo down and stun thy MUTHAFUKA!

Quote:
but the damage reduction scaling might need to be looked at.
DONE!

Quote:
At rank 5 of Morphine, that's 30% CC reduction. With Drugganaut, it becomes 60%. If it doesn't stack with CC, adding Mercury Treads into the mix would grant an approximate 85% CC reduction. Is this intentional?
YES!! thats explain the ....NAUT of Drugganaut...remembering the Juggernaut...a unstopable force..85% is too much? yes! but Dr. Mundo..Irelia...gets a close number...so i figure this was ok!..do you?

Quote:
This is the first skillset i've seen where every ability is a support tool. While this does give Friedrich massive support power, having no offensive tool for it whatsoever seems rather damning. Then again, seeing as how Friedrich has switchable skillsets, I suppose he has some leeway in that particular situation
...the intention was if Friedrich exists..new player will always build AP + AD or AP + Tank...more resources to survive and help....more experienced palyers would/could build AD+ Tank..to hunt down biatches and slap them to the death!

Quote:
AD Friedrich seems exceptionally powerful when it comes to assassination or dueling. Almost too strong with the 85% potential CC reduction I mentioned earlier. Pretty good job done here.
Thank You...most apreciated....

Quote:
The abilities are simple and concise, but with only one method of CC, i'm not sure if Friedrich can manage the tank role in an effective manner. He has survivability in spades, but next to nothing in giving the enemy a reason to attack him. Unless you start the fight off in AD or AP mode and use Tank mode to survive the damage that come at you then, this set may need a bit more added to it.
the idea was build him tanky not a full TANK ...with Taunt, Stuns and stuff...because he will become too OP...ya feel me?

Quote:
This one is just personal taste, but the names of the abilities don't really jive with me. Cyanide, methampopotamus, and morphine seem a bit out of place in LoL. I would recommend names like Elixir Type-C or Baleful Concoction instead of Cyanide.
OH thanks for that...but this champion is kinda a homage to real chemist who develop these substances...the germanFriedrich Wilhelm Adam Sertürner..discover's the Morphine
Eric Kandel discover's methilphenidate/ritalin...
the Swedish Carl Wilhelm Scheele discover the Cyanide..

Quote:
Hope this review helps you out with Friedrick. It was an interesting read, and hopefully some of what I wrote can help you improve this champion.
a Lots of corrections are ahead of Friedrich...thanks to you!