Såm - (Rank 1) 3v3 Gucci Gamin - Twisted Treeline AmA.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galinheiro View Post
The reason we shouldn't have both maps is the same reason that we shouldn't have both draft and blind pick in normal 3v3: because not enough people play 3v3. I hope that changes, but it's just how it is right now, 2 maps is a very bad idea in my opinion.
but i would say given how the new map plays, draft mode is VERY NECESSARY for the life of this map. people like teemo and those who have pseudo wards would be insta banned if people understood the sheer power they can have over the game. it would give bruiser comps at least A CHANCE instead of being absolutely bad without having to nerf anybody or mess with items because they were made with the express purpose of making bruisers bad. right now, i like where the new TT is going. its much more dynamic, the jungle is much better, and the items are really good too. all in all, its just more fun.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galinheiro View Post
The reason we shouldn't have both maps is the same reason that we shouldn't have both draft and blind pick in normal 3v3: because not enough people play 3v3. I hope that changes, but it's just how it is right now, 2 maps is a very bad idea in my opinion.
11 million people play this game EVERYDAY.

Compare this to Pox Nora which peaks at about 500.

I never had a problem getting into a game on Pox Nora and they have 4 or 5 maps as well.

The argument has no basis in reality. At worst it would double the queue times from 45 seconds to 1:30. Ah... Ill wait that and more for a map I want to play. I think most would agree with me on this.

Peligrad

10-26-2012

Its difficult to watch you...

I hope Lee isn't one of your mains...

Because you threw that game...

Keegstar

10-26-2012

i dont get how you are not on the frontline of getting TT back. this 'new' tt is so broken its crazy. the only change old tt needed was the well. you and riot are both giving a big **** you to a great group of players

Takhuan

10-26-2012

Time will tell. I already got bored. Sam you may like this game mode, but I am willing to bet that the game mode is just too shallow for most people who want to play for fun. Even with the items, it's going to go the way of dominion.

Reasons:
1. The design around the alters force players to engage in the same locations of the map.
2. Contesting alter turnovers is not worth the trouble(you don't get any immediate reward or tactical advantage for defending vs turning over a captured alter for 80 gold).
3. The map is too symmetric.
4. Ninja Tabi, Lantern, Wicked Hatchet is the fastest way to shut down ad carries I have ever seen.
5. Pillager is too strong on beefy AD casters like Riven.
6. Respawn times make the game monotonous and team victories don't hold as much weight in the game.

Sam

10-26-2012

Streaming now.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Streaming now.
Sam,

Like it or not, you are important to this community. Tell me honestly, with a straight face...

If both maps were avaialable that you would play this new one more than the old one.

I ask because what I see is this in your games...

You listen to horrible music (ok my opinion)
Button mash for 25 minutes (fact)
Say "oh my god" every time you die
Laugh every time you get a kill
and pretty much look and play like you are bored out of your mind.

Sorry man, just how I see it.

Was this the same when you were streaming the REAL TT? You were BORED?

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegstar View Post
i dont get how you are not on the frontline of getting TT back. this 'new' tt is so broken its crazy. the only change old tt needed was the well. you and riot are both giving a big **** you to a great group of players

I agree Sam's take on this is perplexing.

Uncle Jellyfish

10-26-2012

Såm, I went to your stream link on Twitch, and it says that the page was not found. I checked my follow list and found that you were not there. Did something happen?

Lazreal

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exqzr View Post
sam,

like it or not, you are important to this community. Tell me honestly, with a straight face...

If both maps were avaialable that you would play this new one more than the old one.

I ask because what i see is this in your games...

You listen to horrible music (ok my opinion)
button mash for 25 minutes (fact)
say "oh my god" every time you die
laugh every time you get a kill
and pretty much look and play like you are bored out of your mind.

Sorry man, just how i see it.

Was this the same when you were streaming the real tt? You were bored?

your such an e-bully, you made him commit suicide... Nice job jk. Hahahaha