Såm - (Rank 1) 3v3 Gucci Gamin - Twisted Treeline AmA.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

10-23-2012

People hate it like I said multiply times because they hate change. This just benefiting the junior members of TT, it fixed jungle and fixed turtling which almost everybody complains about. Yet people want to make it two maps still...

TT = I wouldn't say broken because to me it's not, but to most junior members of the forums they always complained about it, now when they put TT's errors into a new map they get mad. Why? I don't understand. I really don't understand.

16b

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
People hate it like I said multiply times because they hate change. This just benefiting the junior members of TT, it fixed jungle and fixed turtling which almost everybody complains about. Yet people want to make it two maps still...

TT = I wouldn't say broken because to me it's not, but to most junior members of the forums they always complained about it, now when they put TT's errors into a new map they get mad. Why? I don't understand. I really don't understand.
By adding altars you're changing the objectives of the game. That's not fixing TT, it's creating a new game mode. You can fix TT without getting rid of wards and having altar battles every minute and a half. Quit speaking for everyone and telling us why we don't like the new map.

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

people are so ungrateful

Goggris

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16b View Post
By adding altars you're changing the objectives of the game. That's not fixing TT, it's creating a new game mode. You can fix TT without getting rid of wards and having altar battles every minute and a half. Quit speaking for everyone and telling us why we don't like the new map.
The objective of the game has changed? You no longer have to destroy the enemy's nexus? The small change to a buff mechanic is creating an entirely new game mode?

Before you had team fights at red, green, and white buffs and dragon. Now you have them at altars and spider. You are being extremely hyperbolic.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
The objective of the game has changed? You no longer have to destroy the enemy's nexus? The small change to a buff mechanic is creating an entirely new game mode?

Before you had team fights at red, green, and white buffs and dragon. Now you have them at altars and spider. You are being extremely hyperbolic.
No, the objective has not changed. The main point is to destroy the enemy nexus. You could even argue, as you did, that fighting for the shrines and buffs is essentially the same thing as fighting for red/dragon. Again, the main objective remains the same for sure.

But it's not really any of those things that bother me though. I'm just being honest here, not trying to sugar coat it or spin it any one way. I flat out do not like the new map because it is not the old one. I feel that they could have simply updated the current TT map and it would have been awesome. I truly enjoy the current map as is.

I have played TT almost exclusively for close to 3 years, as I am sure you and many others here have. It wasn't popular, and the "what's a TT" posts were always a good chuckle. I feel as though TT was a cult classic if you will, and rather than being digitally re-mastered and released it was rewritten, got new actors and was filmed at a new location. It's like The Princess Bride staring Jim Carrey D:

EDIT:
BTW, why does there have to be more behind it than that? If I don't like it, that's my opinion. Why does there have to be some awe inspiring revelation from a poster who doesn't like the new map to make Riot and the plats who helped design it understand that as a customer, my opinion does in fact matter and no, you don't need a reason behind it beyond that and my money that I don't HAVE to spend to play. I choose to spend money on a game I enjoy. Taking away the one aspect of the game I do enjoy will definitely keep me around, and many others I'm sure.

Additionally, the majority of the forum community has in fact said they don't like the new map as well, so really why does there have to be more behind it other than "don't completely change the only game mode we (yes, we the vocal majority of players, not you few vocal proponents of these changes) enjoy"?

You want to label it as something like "unwilling to change" fine, do so. I am not disagreeing with that, in fact I am embracing it and saying yes, I am unwilling to accept unnecessary change.

Batman Bot

10-24-2012

How is rengar in new TT after his nerfs?

Sam

10-25-2012

streaming now!

Sam

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Bot View Post
How is rengar in new TT after his nerfs?

He's still strong.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Give us one reason that we cant have both maps.

Thus far the only reason given is this "because it will split the community"

BS!!! I am NOT going to play the new map any more than I play Dominion which is to say rarely and only when I am totally bored.

So I am left with SR and frankly I don't like that map much either. So I am going to play LoL a LOT less in general.

How does my opinion and that of what appears to be a majority of the TT players keep the community "together".

and lastly THANKS for the new MAP. That is a good thing. Read carefully. JUST keep the old one too.

Sam, Really, if both were available to play which would you play more. Be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
No, the objective has not changed. The main point is to destroy the enemy nexus. You could even argue, as you did, that fighting for the shrines and buffs is essentially the same thing as fighting for red/dragon. Again, the main objective remains the same for sure.

But it's not really any of those things that bother me though. I'm just being honest here, not trying to sugar coat it or spin it any one way. I flat out do not like the new map because it is not the old one. I feel that they could have simply updated the current TT map and it would have been awesome. I truly enjoy the current map as is.

I have played TT almost exclusively for close to 3 years, as I am sure you and many others here have. It wasn't popular, and the "what's a TT" posts were always a good chuckle. I feel as though TT was a cult classic if you will, and rather than being digitally re-mastered and released it was rewritten, got new actors and was filmed at a new location. It's like The Princess Bride staring Jim Carrey D:

EDIT:
BTW, why does there have to be more behind it than that? If I don't like it, that's my opinion. Why does there have to be some awe inspiring revelation from a poster who doesn't like the new map to make Riot and the plats who helped design it understand that as a customer, my opinion does in fact matter and no, you don't need a reason behind it beyond that and my money that I don't HAVE to spend to play. I choose to spend money on a game I enjoy. Taking away the one aspect of the game I do enjoy will definitely keep me around, and many others I'm sure.

Additionally, the majority of the forum community has in fact said they don't like the new map as well, so really why does there have to be more behind it other than "don't completely change the only game mode we (yes, we the vocal majority of players, not you few vocal proponents of these changes) enjoy"?

You want to label it as something like "unwilling to change" fine, do so. I am not disagreeing with that, in fact I am embracing it and saying yes, I am unwilling to accept unnecessary change.

Galinheiro

10-26-2012

The reason we shouldn't have both maps is the same reason that we shouldn't have both draft and blind pick in normal 3v3: because not enough people play 3v3. I hope that changes, but it's just how it is right now, 2 maps is a very bad idea in my opinion.