Can anyone give a solid argument for a GarenXKat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I apologize for useing good and evil alignments, but it is the best I can use.

I assume that 'good' is a caring for the whole over oneself often to the point of selflessness or sacrificing a few for many.
'Evil' is caring about oneself over the whole, sometimes to the point of sadism.

Now is it wrong to care about yourself? No. Is it always right to kill to prevent killing? No. Good and evil are just words. You can attach your own definitions. I am sorry for not being clear, thus I have said mine.

I am not trying to make Kat sound like a...***** who would cut you up for looking at her wrong, but I mean that she doesn't care about many people. She cares about family and Noxus. That's it. You get in her way, you're dead. If you're dieing in the street and Katarina could save you, but doesn't have to, she won't. If you aren't profitable to her needs, then you aren't worth the energy. That is why she dislikes Swain. That is why she helped Jarvan. It serves her needs of finding her father who might be involved with Swain's rise to power. She approves of his methods, calling his trading of Kalamanda a, "strong move", but she knows that absolute power must always be challenged and, thus her father's disappearance has increased Swain's power.

Swanhaven

10-06-2012

Like attracts like, and in this case they're both the same 'type'. They both enjoy the old ultraviolence, it's just that Katarina was raised in a culture that not only accepts a killer instinct but condones it in the name of Noxian supremacy. Garen was raised in a society that frowns on that kind of behavior in general but praises it in their military heroes, so he naturally channels that into activities his culture finds praiseworthy, such as cutting his enemies in half (for Demacia of course).

If Lux's league judgment is anything to go off of, Demacian society sounds very regimented and apparently they send all their kids to military 'brainwashing' school at a young age to learn how to be properly Demacian. I can see how a person like Garen who is essentially the same 'type' but who lives in a very ordered society would be attracted to someone like Katarina, and it would go on multiple levels.
1. omg hot redhead
2. Wow, her blade technique is flawless and she parried my attack, I am actually possibly in danger of being killed for the first time in my life, this is making my heart race and I have never felt like this before
3. Her style of life and her culture is diametrically opposed to my own, I find that strangely compelling

Katarina isn't a backroom double-dealer (she frowns on the kind of tricks her sister uses, for example, and dislikes Swain) and being raised Noxian she probably has a healthy respect for skill and power, and Garen is a powerful and handsome man she has been unable to kill several times. Throw in the charm of having a 'rival' who seeks you out constantly on the battlefield for pulse-pounding non-stop lethal combat acrobatics and you have some fascinating date material.

You don't really need to present an argument for it because the only conflict between them is in their allegiances. They both are very good at killing, they both enjoy fighting, they're both members of famous families with vested interests in promoting their respective city-states.

Also, Blitzcrank rated their compatibility 100% and I'm just a simple fleshbag; who am I to question?

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanhaven View Post
Like attracts like, and in this case they're both the same 'type'. They both enjoy the old ultraviolence, it's just that Katarina was raised in a culture that not only accepts a killer instinct but condones it in the name of Noxian supremacy. Garen was raised in a society that frowns on that kind of behavior in general but praises it in their military heroes, so he naturally channels that into activities his culture finds praiseworthy, such as cutting his enemies in half (for Demacia of course).

If Lux's league judgment is anything to go off of, Demacian society sounds very regimented and apparently they send all their kids to military 'brainwashing' school at a young age to learn how to be properly Demacian. I can see how a person like Garen who is essentially the same 'type' but who lives in a very ordered society would be attracted to someone like Katarina, and it would go on multiple levels.
1. omg hot redhead
2. Wow, her blade technique is flawless and she parried my attack, I am actually possibly in danger of being killed for the first time in my life, this is making my heart race and I have never felt like this before
3. Her style of life and her culture is diametrically opposed to my own, I find that strangely compelling

Katarina isn't a backroom double-dealer (she frowns on the kind of tricks her sister uses, for example, and dislikes Swain) and being raised Noxian she probably has a healthy respect for skill and power, and Garen is a powerful and handsome man she has been unable to kill several times. Throw in the charm of having a 'rival' who seeks you out constantly on the battlefield for pulse-pounding non-stop lethal combat acrobatics and you have some fascinating date material.

You don't really need to present an argument for it because the only conflict between them is in their allegiances. They both are very good at killing, they both enjoy fighting, they're both members of famous families with vested interests in promoting their respective city-states.

Also, Blitzcrank rated their compatibility 100% and I'm just a simple fleshbag; who am I to question?

City states whose morals oppose each other. Demacia believes in the whole, and Noxus is a very selfish culture.

Garen would not jeopardize his country's standing by being attracted emotionally to Katarina, and I don't think Katarina really cares so much about him. She may respect him, but I don't see her liking him. If asked to kill him and given a reason, I bet she would try to. Garen would kill her to save Jarvan. You don't do that to someone you love or care about.

MilesMania

10-11-2012

I think it is more like a Megamind and Metroman kind of things but that might be because I watched it last night. They battle each other and love the challenge and need each other in a sense.

Geokhan

10-11-2012

But do they can love each other?

That is the point of this. I honestly don't feel like it, but about a month ago I would have just said no.

As noted the second poster and I edited this to be a little more...nice.

I don't really think Katarina cares about Garen. Garen cares about her because he sees an equal. Someone he can fight without falling asleep. I think that's as far as it goes.

Yes they can be civil. Yes they COULD be friends. But that is my opinion and others have made a point to tell me I was wrong.

Not that its wrong to do so when I ask for it. You all have made a great argument and i am no longer flat out hostile towards it. Especially because some of you put more than 5 seconds into your thoughts.

Waafu

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
But do they can love each other?

That is the point of this. I honestly don't feel like it, but about a month ago I would have just said no.

As noted the second poster and I edited this to be a little more...nice.

I don't really think Katarina cares about Garen. Garen cares about her because he sees an equal. Someone he can fight without falling asleep. I think that's as far as it goes.

Yes they can be civil. Yes they COULD be friends. But that is my opinion and others have made a point to tell me I was wrong.

Not that its wrong to do so when I ask for it. You all have made a great argument and i am no longer flat out hostile towards it. Especially because some of you put more than 5 seconds into your thoughts.
They're not going to fall in love at the drop of a hat. I thought that much was obvious. It would require a lot buildup and some drastic plot developments for it to happen, at least in a conventional sense...just like any pairing out there.

I don't get the point of this thread - you want a solid argument for something that cannot be solidly argued for. Whether you like the pairing or not is up to you; it has been hinted that future plot developments may bring them closer together, but the truth right now is that it's not canon, so there's no point in asking people for evidence that it is.

Geokhan

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waafu View Post
They're not going to fall in love at the drop of a hat. I thought that much was obvious. It would require a lot buildup and some drastic plot developments for it to happen, at least in a conventional sense...just like any pairing out there.

I don't get the point of this thread - you want a solid argument for something that cannot be solidly argued for. Whether you like the pairing or not is up to you; it has been hinted that future plot developments may bring them closer together, but the truth right now is that it's not canon, so there's no point in asking people for evidence that it is.

My point is that most people before I made this were already under the assumption that it WAS canon. That they were a thing. I didn't see it happening at all and was rather tired of people saying they were an item.

My main point was to find out if there was a deeper thing that I had missed.

I still don't see it, but I can understand it more, if you know what I mean.

Waafu

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
My point is that most people before I made this were already under the assumption that it WAS canon. That they were a thing. I didn't see it happening at all and was rather tired of people saying they were an item.

My main point was to find out if there was a deeper thing that I had missed.

I still don't see it, but I can understand it more, if you know what I mean.
Makes sense.

The way I see it, most people are under the assumption that it will be canon at some point in the future, since both Garen's lore and Kat's old lore make a point of how intense and passionate their rivalry is, the JoJ had them interact multiple times, and the lore reds have hinted about future possibilities for the pairing on multiple occasions. Right now, however, it's definitely not canon.

Panda lover 991

02-23-2013

i would like to see garen having *** with katarina

Golden Alloy

04-26-2013

In my opinion, and i know this is a dead thread, but i can see that Garen and Katarina are getting closer to each other. But they'll obviously not be in love. Garen's style and Katarina's style don't fit together.

But you guys might wonder, why did Katarina's father hire Talon to be his successors when he already has Katarina? And why would Talon want to find the General, Katarina's father, when he could get his freedom? As you can see throughout the timeline, Katarina and Talon are always hanging out with each other and they are similar in many ways.

The General knew one day that he'll go missing, so he wants someone to take care of Katarina, that is one of the reasons why he hired Talon.

In this case, there is love between Katarina and Talon but they don't show it because they are assassins. In some cases you can't let your emotions to get in your way. Garen loves Katarina though but Katarina does not love Garen, but Garen saves her because he is the only one that knows why Katarina and Talon was in Demacia, Garen knows them better than any other Demacian.