Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Error on update every time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainbowDerp

09-25-2012

nearly every single time there is an update on PBE it goes to the end of the update then says there is an unkown error, then I have to restart the pbe launcher and sometimes it isn't even fixed because when it is going through ALL of my league files it will sometimes just do that over and over instead of actually fixing anything.
Someone please help if you can.

Caleh

09-25-2012

Mine just did the same thing for the first time ever... Once it went through all the files all over again it works normally.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

09-25-2012

Hey guys, thanks for reporting this issue! Question for you: when the error occurs, is the patcher working on a specific file?

Files display on the right side of the two patching progress bars, and you'll be able to see them even with the error up. Thanks!

Demacian Bacon

09-25-2012

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, thanks for reporting this issue! Question for you: when the error occurs, is the patcher working on a specific file?

Files display on the right side of the two patching progress bars, and you'll be able to see them even with the error up. Thanks!

I have had this problem with both live client and PBE (Have not had the live client issue since Rengar patch though). From what I have seen it is not always the same file, but it is always on part two of the overall download.

Caleh

09-25-2012

Yea I don't remember the specific file but the patcher was at 99% of the second part when I got the error.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

09-25-2012

Hey guys, can you please list the antivirus software that you use? Thank you!

Im a Rabid Bagel

09-25-2012

This happens to me as well, I get to 99%, it says there's an error, and then when I close the launcher and reopen it it patches fine.

I'm using Norton Antivirus

Artalion

09-25-2012

Same issue here, though I'm using Avast.

Sertse

09-25-2012

Quote:
Im a Rabid Bagel:
This happens to me as well, I get to 99%, it says there's an error, and then when I close the launcher and reopen it it patches fine.

I'm using Norton Antivirus

exactly same problem... im using Nod32 Antivirus

Hazdoc

09-25-2012

Quote:
Wilwariniel:

i have the same issue, been having the same issue for a very long time now.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials...?