Matchmaking System Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cYa l8r ViBE r8r

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goretusk View Post
This is a good idea that has been humored a bit by alot of people, although this wouldnt particularly work, and the reason why is because this is only good for the meta right now, the meta hasnt always been this way and not all games even follow the metagame right now, some games run duo mid top or solo bot double jungle can be a thing, this system leaves no room for this differentiation.
Team formations could be selectable on another layer in the same process. Along with choosing your roles you can choose your team formations. So you can choose to be on a team running solo bot with duo junglers, duo mid, standard meta, kill lane bot ...etc.

Tonnes Of Damage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

It is sad I was thinking of this exact system last night.... I have been so sick of playing ranked with crying babies that cant always get what they want. There needs to be something in place where we can either vote kick someone out, or roles need to be pre-selected. Maybe have the option to click multiple roles so queue wouldn't take a week and a day?

Im behind this 100%. After 3000 games played I have just had enough of the little kids....

Even an increased requirement to start playing ranked games? I have always said 500+ wins, 2+ rune pages and a clean "criminal record" meaning you have to wait so long if you are banned / warned for say feeding, leaving, negative attitude... I think it would help make the game much more fun and we would see a greatly reduced number of ragers, feeders, and afk's -.-

Hugh Akston

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshepp View Post
Nifty idea, but I don't think this will ever happen, nor should it. Riot shouldn't instantly subscribe to the current metagame by "forcing" people to play by it. That's how games become stale.
I attempt to address this in a modified version of this idea that I have created a thread for.

I would refrain from advertising my thread here but it would be a simple restatement of a large portion of what i've already written elsewhere, here is the link.

Role Selection - Premium Matchmaking

Jungling Evelynn

10-20-2012

Since Meta games would never fly in ranked (it would not work out to force people to the meta) what if there were 3 summoner's rift options: normal, ranked, and meta

The meta obviously being the one with this system implemented =]

danwilson

10-20-2012

Lae, that's a good idea and I hope it's implemented. I usually try to play AP mid, and often get stuck with ADC or support roles, and I'm not as good at those roles. I'd prefer to chose my role before champion select, and save my ADC and support training for normal games.

I don't think evolving metas are an issue here... the way Lae describes it, you could select Top ADC, or Mid Support... only junglers wouldn't specify a lane. And if somebody wants to do something weird like two junglers, they can still choose random role/random lane to choose whatever they needed. I think the system would just try to match an apc, adc, jungler, top (maybe bruiser or tank is a better name?), and support, filling in holes with randoms to keep the matchmaking quick, and limiting roles to 2/per lane as a max... Really, if you had a 5 man premade, you could use whatever meta you wanted anyways. I don't think there is any way to limit champion selection for selected roles.

Shargun

10-29-2012

It just becomes a nuisance if the meta changes and it disables any thought for changing team comps. I've seen people get promote and teleport, go all mid and win. Of course, they didn't have smite for a jungler and no one had flash for mid or carry or support. It might be alright because you have a 5 man premade but it doesn't cooperate with the league of legends tactics of doing quirky ideas that baffle the enemy and get a victory. I understand there isn't much of that in solo or duo queue but it makes any of it that might be left unable to be done.

MASTER USSR

10-30-2012

[QUOTE=Lae;29616213]Okay so, I kinda thought it would be cool if the matchmaking system let us pick our roles before joining the queue and then it would match...

would be realy good(and fair) if support wil have extra gold or exp on assists (even 5 is good anough)

Tengauge12

10-30-2012

Althought it sounds great.. This isn't possible... Although ADC is an easy spot in the aspect of the role.. Others are not.. Take Darius for exmaple.. People play him top lane, people also play him jungle.. Having a system built from match making based on played type champion roles, AND summoner spells.. Well.. That's way too much to implement, especially even to make it work properly.

The summoner spells are used by preference.. NOT specifics for roles.. Which would make everything much more complicated..

The way riot has it now, is very fine with me.. Although sure you have those arrogant people, but.. You cannot help it.. The game is based off of team effort and communication directly FROM champion selection.. That's just what the game is about.. So, it's not going to change..

I know... We all dislike those which whom don't follow the meta, or don't care for team comp, or who called what yada yada yada, but... We cannot change that.. Someone takes your called role.. Then just play a different role...

As everyone should get use to all the roles, and not just 1 specific 1. The reason for this is to understand the base of all roles and how their played..So, when you're doing your main lane.. And things are happening it's easy for you to know whats likely going on from each role on the opposing team.