Gangplank i s trash and denying doesn't make him good

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2010

i lik 2 pley teh tnkplnk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbunkleFlux

Senior Member

09-23-2010

You know what good things Gangplank brings to a team?
-Excellent zoning and ridiculous ranged damage with Parrley alone.
-The ability to artificially control the pace of his own lane.
-Good DPS.
-Innate healing negation in his auto-attack.
-CC absorption (and some nice innate survivability) with Remove Scurvy.
-The ability to secure kills from across the map
-Can give his team a ridiculous starting advantage in a team fight or secure their escape.

Just because he's not as amazing as, say, Kog'maw doesn't mean he's awful and now your team is going to lose because you have teh failplank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChiatroll

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
Only 30s who don't play ranked and a smurf account reply and say that he is good...surprise.
I like how you insult peoples experience to support your argument. Obviously this is a winning tactic.

I do think GP is slightly UP but not as broken as many champs like teemo eve an jax who are getting looked at now.

His ult does terrible damage late game but he can push a lane absolutely noone is at keeping map control and pressure on the enemy while nuking and then he has denial early game.

It's an interesting confusing mix but it's better then eve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrunkHobo15

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbunkleFlux View Post
You know what good things Gangplank brings to a team?
-Excellent zoning and ridiculous ranged damage with Parrley alone.
-The ability to artificially control the pace of his own lane.
-Good DPS.
-Innate healing negation in his auto-attack.
-CC absorption (and some nice innate survivability) with Remove Scurvy.
-The ability to secure kills from across the map
-Can give his team a ridiculous starting advantage in a team fight or secure their escape.

Just because he's not as amazing as, say, Kog'maw doesn't mean he's awful and now your team is going to lose because you have teh failplank.
because bads back off after he parleys instead of making him pay for it...just like zilean
barely...he can kill like 3 minions before he is oom
low dps...high burst if he even crits
if a gangplank got in range to auto attack he should be dead
scurvy is nice no doubt
assist ***** does not make him a good champion
not really due to the RNG of his ult

and as for insulting people to make a point...it only proves my point that he is not good past a certain rating. play him in normal all you want i don't care, but in ranked I am tired of losing because of him on my team instead of a better dps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apapersack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post

and as for insulting people to make a point...it only proves my point that he is not good past a certain rating. play him in normal all you want i don't care, but in ranked I am tired of losing because of him on my team instead of a better dps
There is you problem right there. Like I said earlier, plank is much better at being an offtank and giving his team utility than being a dps champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krathalos

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastiballs View Post
'Cause *****slapping people for over 1k health every couple seconds is bad, right?
It is when that's the only thing you can do.

If you go in range to melee, you explode.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ch3wbacha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
Only 30s who don't play ranked and a smurf account reply and say that he is good...surprise.
I play ranked and I think gangplank is good (look at my match history, or ranked stats). Gangplank can deny xp and hard-counters healing comps.

I played him when I saw this as the first three picks:

vlad, nid, sona

MF was banned so I picked the plank. I built omen, atma's, mallet and ended up 11-2-11. Don't tell me he's bad, cause he isn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camen Sieder

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
I hate people who pick failplank...especially in ranked. They are like "I am beast for the 2v1 lane with denying". I always reply your useless past laning and the deny is barely noticeable. If you picked a true carry we would win more or faster/harder.

There is a reason failplank is trash tier in elementz's list

denying is completely pointless on a hard carry or offtank plank and if you deny there is no way in hell you will have enough last hits to build any gear that would intimidate anyone trying to dive you...

so yeah I agree with you there 100%.

The best planks I have seen are either ridiculously fed from morons and go complete critplank or my favorite teammate the tankplank. He isn't the best off tank or even close to it, but he is actually pretty useful in group fights and has a bit of staying power for buffs crits AoE slow and an on hit slow.

I played him for a little while and crit plank was fun to play when fed, tankplank was so boring for me and I thought he was strong during the laning phase with a boring mid game, but a deadly late game champ if they can't get to you. If his ult was reliable I would probably main him, but considering his ult is a global **** shoot I gave up on the gambleplank champ altogether...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shurs

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Did you just ignore samurai pandas livestream? Watch it and say that again. Stop qqing in CAPABLE hands any char can be successful, especially if those capable hands pick the char to counter another team. STOP TROLLING AND QQING. Downvote for being a ******r who hates on anything and everything and find better players to quene with. (and yes I'm ONLY lvl 25 but if you ignore the wisdom there then your stupid and deserve to lose)


12