Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think of my change vs riots?

I didn't even read the post, I just hate rengar, kill him, kill him with fire. 21 11.41%
I didn't even read the post, I just love rengar, death to the heratics, buff him more. 25 13.59%
I think that the true issue with rengar is his AP Scaling, Rengar should only be AD 110 59.78%
Rengar is OP,he is one of the top 5 strongest champs in game, thus making him worthy of nerfage 28 15.22%
Voters 184 .

>>Riot please read<< Final Conclusion-An alternative to the new Rengar Nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS154250a397c85fe8fca69

12-27-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
Rengar is turbo OP right now, but I'm really concerned about the triple nerf coming his way, which might make him a PoS jungler if all 3 go through.

Q: Increased the CD to 8 seconds early game--still 6 for late game
W: base armor reduced by 5 early game--25 late game
W: damage reduced to 60 (-15) early game and 235 (-30) late game.

Tried these changes (minus the damage reduction on W), and it slows down his jungle by a good 16 seconds....mega-ouch.

Jungling boots+3 pots is extremely risky now without help (this is 9-21 to boot); you fall extremely low without a very very strong leash (if you're going full clear...level 2 ganks will largely be the same as they were before).

Well you see, there is hunter's machete there for a reason, many people change the boots +3pots for machete+3pots. I usually never spend the remaining of my gold on pots... just me tho.

Thracius

12-27-2012

I would have to disagree here. AP Rengar is strong so what do they do? They lowered the AP ratio to 80% from 100%. If AP Rengar was still the problem, why didn't Riot just lower the ratio again?
The real culprit behind the nerfs was that higher elo players would max his W first in top lane, not because they were building AP, but because it made trades in lane obnoxiously easy. Along with this, they increased the cooldown on his Q at earlier ranks to attempt to make it a better candidate to rank earlier(so maxing it first now gives you the benefit of lowered cooldowns). Since, as of now, people max his Q last.

This is exactly the same as the Ezreal nerfs a while back. A majority of people figured out that the attack speed debuff from his W made trading in lane much easier than maxing his Q. So what did they do? They took away the debuff and lowered the mana cost on his Q(again, making it look more desirable option to max first).

[P.S.] Excuse me if I come off as rude, but your poll is not really able to show any useful information. I see the poll boiling down to: I don't care but I don't like Rengar anyways, I don't care but I do think Rengar is fun, I agree with all of the OP's views on the matter, or Riot's choice to nerf him was spot on!
This seems a bit one-sided, as all we can choose is "I have an opinion of Rengar but not one that is relevant to the poll", "OP is right", or "Riot is right." Why does it have to be you or Riot? Most people will agree and say they don't like the nerfs, but just because they don't agree with Riot doesn't mean that they have to agree with you! The only thing your poll says is that people don't like Riot's nerfs. Putting an option like "Riot's nerfs suck, but I don't agree with the OP's solution" would make a world of a difference.

hi im giyomee

12-28-2012

bump~

Daymaree

12-30-2012

I don't agree reduce AP scaling. it will nerf too much.

just spread it apart may be fine,like:
W(0.8AP) E(0.7 Bonus AD)
-->>
W(0.4AP+0.2 BAD) E(0.4AP+0.5BAD)

then in the later-game double W burst gone.

Maulkrieg

12-31-2012

Your poll options are very biased. I can't even take the thread seriously. He was a bit too strong. He wasn't supposed to be a "get in, kill something, get out" champion. He's supposed to be a tanky bruiser that sticks on the carry. That's the whole point of his ult, snare, auto-reset, resistance buff/heal, and huge AS steroid. If you think that's the kit of an AD assassin, you have a lot to learn about this game.

What they're doing is making him reasonable. He wasn't intended to be slippery. He was intended to be hard to escape from. One nerf doesn't mean they think they're putting him in a good spot. They're nerfing him, gauging results, and applying whatever changes they observe are required. Calm down and be patient.

Zair Umbras

01-01-2013

Let this thread die, it's months old now.... These nerfs have hit and he's gotten new 'buffs'. Yeeeeesh guys.

ZiBestMan

05-12-2013

People go around saying " I dont want the Rengar that can 2 shot me at lvl 2"
Yes he can, if you play him right
Well Kha Zix does the same thing doesnt he but noooo "If everyone can 2 shot somneone then its not op"
>.< That is just utterly stupid Riot puts rengar as a jungler but he dies at red buff...

namora

05-12-2013

please don't necro-posts.