Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think of my change vs riots?

I didn't even read the post, I just hate rengar, kill him, kill him with fire. 21 11.41%
I didn't even read the post, I just love rengar, death to the heratics, buff him more. 25 13.59%
I think that the true issue with rengar is his AP Scaling, Rengar should only be AD 110 59.78%
Rengar is OP,he is one of the top 5 strongest champs in game, thus making him worthy of nerfage 28 15.22%
Voters 184 .

>>Riot please read<< Final Conclusion-An alternative to the new Rengar Nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Pwnsalot

09-24-2012

Hello readers,

This poll is something I bring to riot, a petition so to speak, on how I feel about Rengar, and their new nerf to him. I put a lot of time and thought into this post, reading it over several times, so please bump, and share this idea with them if you feel it is valid. I will address

1) The new nerf, and why they are doing it.
2)How I feel it will change rengar.
2)An alternative, better change to the champion, that I believe furthers their style to how intended Rengar to be played.

I'm doing this because, well, I really like this game, and the community seems nice, and it seems like everyone with a smart unbiased brain, is welcome to chip in to help the game improve. I've really fallen in love with Rengar, he is my dream come true, I love his mechanics, and I think he has had a bad association since his release, and I want to fix this. I want to help riot get this champ on his feet (paws) and for people to see that he is super fun, and worthy of 10$ or 6300 IP, which is great for riot and the community. So please riot, hear me out, and other people, help me voice this opinion to riot before they bury rengar forever into elo hell, never to see the light of day, or another bush, again.

1)The new nerf, and how it is wrong in its effect and application.

Rengar

Battle Roar ( W ) - magic damage reduced to 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+80% AP) from 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255

Battle Roar ( W ) - bonus armor and magic resist reduced to 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+80% AP) from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60

Now a lot of people, I mean a lot of people, INCLUDING RIOT, keep forgetting to look at this the right way. Every post I looked at, didn't post the true culprit to how rengar is a problem right now...want to see the problem? Here it is, 80% AP SCALING<<<<--
This basically says hey, build AP rengar, have a blast, do huge amounts of AOE dmg, with benefits of CDR(as most ap items come with CDR) and make him tanky.
TLDR: The problem isn't the base damage, or the resistance bonus, its the AP scaling.

2)How will this change rengar, and why did they do it?
Well too many people exploited this, making an AP tanky rengar with low cooldowns. But their current change ->

Battle Roar ( W ) - magic damage reduced to 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+80% AP) from 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255

Battle Roar ( W ) - bonus armor and magic resist reduced to 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+80% AP) from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60

-> effect Rengar? Well, he loses late game durability when he gets in team fights. Rengar is meant to get in, and out, in under 3 seconds. He received a resistance nerf in this time period of TWENTY FIVE, thats huge, thats like a 2000 gold defensive item, just erased from inventory. The Base damage nerf also hurts his early game jungling, his early, mid, and late game team fighting and dueling capabilities (and trust me, even as is, their are many better duelists and team fighters than rengar, he is by far, not OP in this regard, put him up against olaf, xin xhao, jax or renekton, and you will see what I mean, thats even popping an ultimate, and being massively fed.) The problem is not in the base dmg, or resistances of this move, he needs thats aoe dmg, and those resistances early, mid and late game.

TLDR:This nerf to armor and base damage does way more than get rid of AP rengar, in fact, it doesn't get rid of AP rengar at all, because you're nerfing base damage and resistance, that rengar really needs early-mid game, because as stated by others, his jungling and dueling early game just isn't their, and is part of the reason why people hated the original rengar, DO NOT TAKE A STEP BACKWARDS WITH THIS ALREADY DYING CHAMPION!

3)A new look at how to nerf rengar, GET DAT AP KITTEH OUT OF HUR!
Okay, so, the matter at hand, rengar is a great top laner, and, a slow to start, but good mid-late jungler. Embrace that riot, please, I love jungling, and I love my kitty Rengar. YOU GUYS EVEN GAME HIM FIGHTER/JUNGLER TITLE. Now this armor nerf and aoe dmg nerf REALLY hurts his early jungling. Every jungler out there knows the importance of early aoe and resistances. even at level 1 the loss of 5 to each resistances is gonna hurt. Thats equivalent to about 6/7 runes/marks/glyphs JUST AT LEVEL 1. At level 5, this is more than AN ENTIRE RUNE PAGE WORTH OF NERFS during Rengars crucial teamfight moment (getting in with his ult, taking out that AP/AD carry, and getting the hell out of there) or in a duel!!!

Now what I want to introduce, is that you nerf the scaling of his ability. My end game rengar has maybe...30..ability power..from trinity force. I don't even mean to get it, or care for that matter.I didn't even realize AP rengar existed. You could nerf his AP scaling to 25%, and I bet any honest, Rengar loving player, wouldn't even care. Leave the base damage, leave the burst resistances, they're fine, they are part of rengars crucial early jungle kit, but just nerf that AP scaling, hell for all I care, set it to 0% ap scaling. RENGAR NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE AP!!!

TLDR:Nerf the AP scaling, not its base effects and resistances. The base effects are crucial to early-late jungling rengar, and rengar as a duelist or assassin. You're going to make no one ever want to play rengar, a champ who I feel you guys at Riot put a lot of hard work into, and should see profitable return on such an investment. Don't be surprised if people just forget about rengar all together if this serious of an overnerf hits his kit, especially after you just rekindled a dying fire.

So I hope you guys like what I had to say, I hope riot takes it into heavy consideration, and I hope I didn't make anyone upset. Oh and riot if you ever need a champion developer, PM me 4 resume/CL =P

SupMuhKneeGrows

09-24-2012

Bump

deathbyzevil

Recruiter

09-24-2012

bump

Lord Pwnsalot

09-24-2012

bump

LucifronSun

09-24-2012

Totally agree, they shouldn't ruin a good champion because of a troll build, especially one that's the closest we're gonna get to the predator.

Bump

Lord Pwnsalot

09-24-2012

any of you people saying he needs a nerf offer any reason as to why you think so? if there is no reason, i don't see why he is getting nerfed at all

Lord Pwnsalot

09-24-2012

looking around more, it seems that a lot of people think rengar is quite squishy still...maybe just nerf the damage of his W and actually increase the resistance buff.. it seems like that would put rengar in the right position to be deemed a "competitive champ"

Lord Pwnsalot

09-24-2012

Actually that would almost perfect rengar I think. Get rid of his AP scaling on W, like, 20% something just not even worth investing in, and I'd say increase his resistance steroid, if not in magnitude, than in duration from 3 second, to 5.

GEARS3OWNS

09-25-2012

Yes, a thousand time yes.

DinoDiner

09-25-2012

I'd have to agree. The durability from his W allows him to have a different build than most other bruisers have and as a result gives him a unique feel. You really get the sense of a timed, planned attack (hunt per say) of knowing when to turn on the shield, should I get in without a hitch, or get out?
The durability is not the problem. The scaling is.
If someone is building a champ as AP, when the balanced intent was AD/Bruiser fix the part that is being exploited. Take away the AP scaling. Hell, the skill doesn't need scaling. The point of the skill is not the damage for the Bruiser Rengar, but the durability.
You will rob this champion of all his function should you do this nerf.