Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm starting to lose my motivation for this game, bad playerbase.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

09-23-2010

Quote:
Ganoniel:
I've been saying for months this is a terrible community to play with.

This is exactly why... it's the mind set people go into the game with.
If everyone is thinking "everyone's a shmuck", then odds are you're gonna come off as one (I personally never try to offend anyone... I can be a ***** if I wanna be, but I mostly try to be helpful and good spirited... I'm a troll at heart though).

If you don't dish out the insults, you're more likely to find other players who don't as well (at least to add to your friends list). Also note, trash talking is not insulting... if I say something like "It's a sad sad day when Anivia gets outpushed by an Olaf in mid" (because I'm crazy, and I play Olaf mid occasionally)... don't take it as an attack on yourself, it's a mind game... I want you to be more aggressive so I can harass you better, this is a good way to push your buttons (It's not like I'm saying "Anivia, you should just uninstall now, you fail at life" or the like... really, that's just a twelve year old with a pickle up his... you get the point).

If you're really looking for more "helpful" players, try the new players forum, people who post there are (usually) nicer, and more about the game then just a score (odds are newer players may also remain untainted... keep them clean!)

If all else fails, ignore them after the game (by right clicking and going "Ignore&quot... the in game client has a bit of issues keeping the list updated for the server client...

TeddyTeemo

09-23-2010

can riot please be more strict on the language rule.
I am seeing too many kids with racist chats and very abusive languages.
All the rage from the players are degrading the game and it's popularity.

WinstonWonderlnd

09-23-2010

people troll the interenet
ive learned to deal with it.

i just think poorly of anyone i see with those kind of negative mindsets, and am grateful that im not that rude, but honestly, the best thing to do, is find a bunch of mature people to play with on something like ventrillo or skype. THEN you can laugh as the enemy makes names and not feel bad when they start dishing out insults like they get paid to.

Painlestoxin

09-23-2010

To be honest I hate people who do that, it really is a slap in the face after a defeat but really grow up. It is the internet if you can not handle the mass amount of children on here that have nothing better to do then take their boredom and rage out on players of LoL or other internet games I would advise getting a hobby more suited to you. I suggest nitting. Nice. Calm. Relaxing. and no flaming!