I'm starting to lose my motivation for this game, bad playerbase.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slapperstean

09-23-2010

you play an online multiplayer strategy game for a reason. to own on people and talk trash. its just a random person on the other end talking ****, dont take it to heart

Ganoniel

09-23-2010

I found it notoriously difficult to find people that just play the game rather than talk **** the entire game at his own/enemy team. Nobody talks strategy, I don't blame some of the people that want to talk strats but doesn't anymore after a few games of doing it, the usual response is always the same "shut up noob" or if its a Mundo, then he just goes where he pleases, you can't stop him from doing whatever he's doing. The other response is the cold shoulder, not giving a **** what or where you want them to go. Sometimes I'm in games where its just dead silent, I could be farming away on minions and everyone else is on the other side of the map instigating a teamfight, I don't see it on the map, I'm of course farming/last hitting, paying attention to what I'm doing. Suddenly I'm seeing and hearing Allies are dying and after they're mopped up suddenly I'm getting called out for being noob...I have to say again, I hate this community.

Tuze

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapperstean View Post
you play an online multiplayer strategy game for a reason. to own on people and talk trash. its just a random person on the other end talking ****, dont take it to heart
Mostly it's not me, the enemies have a big effect on my allies with their talk, thus causing bad team morale and increasing the likeness for us to lose the game.

inFe eD

09-23-2010

You need motivation to play a video game?

sanajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

I feel your pain. When I was newer to the game I made this thread, seeking advice:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=90132

I ended up just ignoring them (both via the ignore feature and literally ignoring the post game text). It's especially tough when you know you are making mistake and you want to hear the advice of other players, but you have to sift through a sea of insults and mockery to find it, if there is even any real advice there to get.

Honestly, just keep practicing ignoring them, you'll get better at it, and it's a good skill to have. I've never gotten true satisfaction from "winning" an argument with one of these children, if I've ever even won.

Ganoniel

09-23-2010

The only reason I still play is for the practice games, solo and 5 man comp stomp, I'd have otherwise be playing WoW. LoL is helping me save my money by not giving it to Blizzard, that is until Cataclysm comes out.

retroking1

09-23-2010

LOL....this should be nothing new. "Most" gamers are fat, ugly, and mad at the outside world. They just want to blow off some steam. I understand. =/

Zubat

09-23-2010

League of Legends is easily available to the masses.
It has very high appeal, due to being generally free.
Get a good group of friends together to play, or risk playing awful solo queue games.
:/

Selliria

09-23-2010

I don't normally get involved in the trash talking, but there have been times when I've had to say something to people on my own team who couldn't get along. I didn't say anything until it came down to everyone having dropped it, and one guy slamming insults at another that had nothing to do with the game over and over and over again. I eventually told him to let it go, and if this game gets to him to a point where he feels it's necessary to treat other people that way, that he'd be better off uninstalling the game and playing Solitare with a deck of cards.

The way I see it... if someone is going to act like a child and do things like that, they're the ones being dumb - not me.

Whitemage82

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroking1 View Post
LOL....this should be nothing new. "Most" gamers are fat, ugly, and mad at the outside world. They just want to blow off some steam. I understand. =/
This. I just tell myself I'm way more successful and way more attractive then the average LoL player, because it's true.

90% are acne ridden mouth breathing teens who could season cookery with the oil off their faces.