Please riot, give us SOME opportunity to report players pre-game...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Virri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

If we can't queue dodge w/o taking a leave and a loss, then there honestly needs to be a way to report players before games start and take a unanimous vote to kick them from the team or prevent them from joining game. I'd rather take a leave and a loss than deal with things like this.

Edited because I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to post his name:

Basically, person enters champion select, makes a comment that elicits a response from another player. Deserved response or not, first person who commented gets butthurt, and then proceeds to flame his team before the match has even begun. In my experience earlier today, this person then chose eve and continued to flame on.

At this point he takes revive/teleport and continues to go on for the rest of the champion select about how he's going to feed, gg 4v5, etc. with all the trash talk.

We get into game and this guy stands on the teleport pad afk, and (wouldn't you know it) "disconnects" ~5 minutes later.

Now, the justice in this was that we won 4v5, and thanks to a lucky (albeit short) disconnect on their team we had a window of 4v4 which we could take advantage of. However, the point is that there needs to be some way to prevent this type of situation from occurring in ranked games, without suffering a leave and loss penalty. If we can't queue dodge, then at LEAST let us unanimously vote someone out of the game, or vote to turn their player into a bot.

Edit: I have reported this to the harassment team, thank you riot.

Send Me Lewds

09-23-2010

I have to agree that there needs to be a way to avoid playing with idiots like this without getting a loss/leave. Seriously tired of people picking Eve and then having to dodge.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

And so now the situation is different. Instead, you get that guy who says "Awww, ****, I just wanted to play Sona and she got picked. kick me plz"

And you either do as he says and kick him, or he threatens to feed/afk and you. . .kick him. I'm sure the more creative *******s, trolls, and basment dwellers could think of even more ways to exploit this system.

If you think Queue times and ban/pick time is long now, just wait.

Oooh, I just thought of another one. Someone looks at the enemy team comp and says "Man, look at that. we're gonna lose. Someone kick me, plz.". Now the kick vote comes up, and it doesn't pass. . "wtf, *******s, I'm gonna feed now. good luck with your 4v5". Now you're stuck again. Do you give infinite chances to kick? Or now have you just created a situation where you *might* have one, and now you probably won't.

Sabnitron

09-23-2010

Calling people out on the forums is prohibited.

Firadin

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
Calling people out on the forums is prohibited.
And? props to OP for calling this person out, these people need to be banned, and if they arent being banned, at least the community should know who they are.

Sabnitron

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firadin View Post
And? props to OP for calling this person out, these people need to be banned, and if they arent being banned, at least the community should know who they are.
And...now they're both in violation of the rules. Riot has banned and still bans people for both of these violations. Just because you think it's somehow justified doesn't make it right.

CecilRhodes

09-23-2010

I recognize that name. I assumed he would of been banned by now.

Huh.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

09-23-2010

This isn't the place to discuss who needs to be banned. I would ask the OP to send the above conversation to harassment@riotgames.com and they will deal with it. I also ask you remove the above from this thread.

P.S. Filtering of some sorts would have been nice in this situation. I personally dislike playing with people that act like this as well.