The way people deal with Reporting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dustov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Do people even care when they are getting reported?

I know Riot is trying its best to deal with reports but I can see the LoL community getting worse and worse everyday...

And why is that? Because Im pretty sure that if the reports are getting any attention from Riot staff....its not nearly enough. People are not feeling threatened of getting reported and they make their best to show it.

There might be like a gazillion of bans out there but to me (and i bet for atleast to couple more people) it seems as if there is none.

And that has its effect not only to the reported but also to the reportee....because they feel that they wont change a thing if they send a report.

So i beg Riot to modify their stance towards bans and be more strict about them.
Personaly I would not complain if i got banned for a couple of hours due to a couple of my past games ( i tend to get b itchy)

P.S.1 Im not used in making threads on the forum but those few times I do it is because Im really frustrated...

P.S.2 Sorry for my english

P.S.3 inb4trolls like "umad" or "cool story bro". You are the reason people dont give a **** anymore

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-23-2010

Some people think they are immune to banning. They are wrong.
Riot is improving how they handle bans to better deal with trouble makers, but have already banned thousands

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustov View Post
So i beg Riot to modify their stance towards bans and be more strict about them.
There's only two different statuses. A) You can play the game. B) You cannot play the game.

I'm not sure how that can be more strict. If the only two colors are black and white, you can't make the black even blacker.

Dustov

09-23-2010

Maybe they must be more strict...
for example ban with less reports thn before
make people see that they are not immune

EchoMending

09-23-2010

Quote:
P.S.3 inb4trolls like "umad" or "cool story bro". You are the reason people dont give a **** anymore
FYI, adding that to your post only invites people to do so even more than without. Bro.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

09-23-2010

Well the reason you feel things getting worse day by day is due to the growth. I believe Riot stated they are doubling the customer base every 3 months. Currently they have just over 3,000,000 active accounts, where at launch last October they had just beta testers.

As for the reporting issue. People don't care that they get reported, they feel immune to it. They honestly don't think Riot will do anything and it is an ignored feature...they couldn't be more wrong. Riot does look at it actively and they do ban people. The reporting system is working, and will only get better.

Sabnitron

09-23-2010

Quote:
Maybe they must be more strict...make people see that they are not immune
They have made many posts in which they have stated they have increased staff, they ban thousands of people. People have made many posts on alternate accounts at being banned for various reasons.

I'm not sure how much more obvious you can get.

Altern

09-23-2010

I feel they are getting banned i have never played with a person i have reported ever again, or maybe it's because the community is growing.

Twisted

09-23-2010

Dont care. If I do get banned for some reason you know what I will do? Move on with my life.

Let me expound on that a bit. I am who I am and will treat people the way I feel they need to be treated, largely based on how they act. I will not change my behaviour because some annoynomous admin has a problem with how my actions affect his game.

By the same token he will not care about 1 of the nameless herd being cut off. If someday we reach an impass so beit.