Late September Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IgKnighte

09-27-2012

I personally don't think the changes to the lore were good. They ruined who the characters were built up to be, and as George Lucas has shown us, never mess with the original story.

Chikinboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

"ix: User Interface - It is now possible to cancel the spending of an ability point via the level-up button after the mouse has been clicked, as long as the mouse cursor is moved off of the level-up button before releasing the click."
Thank goodness this will save me from herpa derps

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

"Kha'zix will be released at a later time."

FTFY

Sir Dubbington

09-27-2012

So what I am reading here is you guys still choose to ignore the bug splat issue? What about summoner spells not counting right? Character development is whats killing your game. Make the game and client more secure and your players will stay happy.

Thiros

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cool View Post
This is so stupid. I'm sorry, but REALLY RIOT?
Rengar was overpowered, that I admit but his kit's cooldowns were perfectly tuned from the start. However, all you needed to do was tweak the damage numbers and/or the AP/AD Ratios in order to make him absolutely perfect in terms of balance.
The thing is about Rengar is that he is a snowball champion. If he does not do well early game in ganking and get a lot of gold, he does not come back in mid or late game. That's why his stun/slow isn't that great of a range; Rengar is not a champion that is to help you get kills, he is a champion that is meant to kill other champions.

First, let's talk about the Q. While I admit the potential to one-shot an opponent at level one is about as fair as segregated drinking fountains, but that's just it: The damage was the issue. However, Morello Nerf Master Suck Town did the absolute worst thing to Rengar: raise the cooldown of the Q. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Yes I understand that he can get it back immediately if he stacks the rage thing, but a good deal of the time players need to act fast rather than just focus on stacking his rage bar. Now if I want to gank successfully I better have all my rage stacked up or I'm just going to poke down half a peg of health and give away my position to the enemy jungler for counterjungling.

The sickest part of this nerf is that Rengar naturally falls off mid/late game snowballed or otherwise unless he builds for sustain. Oh boy, I'm sure glad you nerfed the cooldown on that Q! I'm sure glad that I'll be able to utilize my skillset in a viable way JUST AS I'M STARTING TO FALL OFF IN THE GAME.

Rengar's W was stupid, and AP Rengar was stupid. I'm not talking about the people who built AP Rengar, they were just taking advantage of terrible design ideas. I mean, they didn't expect AP Rengar, as you saw no AP items in the suggested items list, but people are smart enough to exploit the terrible design idea. It was a reasonable nerf as Riot wanted people to play him AD not AP; this isn't Teemo we're discussing. However, it's everything else getting nerfed that bothers me far more; Armor and MR boost nerf? Really? This isn't necessary; you're just killing Rengar off as a champion, and it's quite apparent that you don't care because you pretty much just announced the creation of Rengar 2.0: Kha'Zix.

Thanks Riot; I find a recent jungler that I actually like as much as Nocturne, and you kill him off a not a WEEK AFTER HIS HOTFIX.
The fact your getting downvoted just tells me how deep the Rengar hatred is around here. You have great points but it's getting drowned out by a sea of crying, "His level 1 killing is too strong! Any nerf is a good nerf... hoooray for riot! Rengar was OP!"

No, Rengar was not OP, his early/late game balance is horrendous because his design is horrendous. Double Q/W combo burst is far too high for level 1, and far too low for level 18. Fix that. The "2 shot" kills sound like they were coming from a bug with Empowered Q's dealing much more damage than intended.

Why fix a game-breaking bug and nerf the champion at the same time? Why not address the actual issue rather than skirt it: being able to double up on burst damage is brokenly Over Powered. When he doesn't have the burst built up, he's brokenly Under Powered. So the solution is slow his combo point generating ability? Make him weaker more of the time while not mitigating the fact that he will still burst people down and make them nerd-rage early in the game? Don't address the fact that he's a free kill later in the game? Nerfing his already poor durability is about the most confusing change I've ever seen on a champion.

The **** is wrong with you, Riot?

If he was so OP why weren't you all playing him and "pwnz0ring?" Downvote me into oblivion for calling out the hypocrisy of this community for all I care, it doesn't change how absolutely ridiculous this situation is.

DravenLives

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikinboy View Post
"ix: User Interface - It is now possible to cancel the spending of an ability point via the level-up button after the mouse has been clicked, as long as the mouse cursor is moved off of the level-up button before releasing the click."
Thank goodness this will save me from herpa derps
been wishing it was like that since beta

FinnaKillYall

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanAce View Post
they nerf rengar? great hes ruined,makes no logic they buff him and then nerf him ,,wheres the logic to that? i was so happy with him but after the patch i bet that hes gona be weak and do no damage.
The logic is that they buffed him too much, idiot.

fufa the awesome

09-27-2012

really i got booted out of a ranked game becuase a of a patch, riot you suck ****

coeriv

09-27-2012

New champ week, and once again, riot destroys the servers.

ForgetableZ

09-27-2012

NO CRIT on xinzhaos talon strike!?!??! R you SERIOUS? wtf is with all these nerfs..... The game isnt that much unbalanced either..., but all the nerfs on old champs are just way too much....

Xin zhao is a garbage now?...exactly the same thing happenned to jax..... nerf,nerf,nerf and more nerfs and it never ends.... I dont think Riot nerfs champs just because they are OP...

The reason being is that, Riot is making players buy new champion that are better/realiable compared to all the unwanted/old champion because of NERFS