Late September Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BIZaHellman

09-27-2012

Quote:
Bugfix: User Interface - It is now possible to cancel the spending of an ability point via the level-up button after the mouse has been clicked, as long as the mouse cursor is moved off of the level-up button before releasing the click.
Please do this in the shop aswell. It happens a lot that I misclick when going into damage or defense and holding the button pressed in doesn't stop me from going into the one I didn't wanna go into.

Sh00t3rman

09-27-2012

Thank you for the patch! Love the Syndra buffs along with everything else.

Hollywood Cool

09-27-2012

This is so stupid. I'm sorry, but REALLY RIOT?
Rengar was overpowered, that I admit but his kit's cooldowns were perfectly tuned from the start. However, all you needed to do was tweak the damage numbers and/or the AP/AD Ratios in order to make him absolutely perfect in terms of balance.
The thing is about Rengar is that he is a snowball champion. If he does not do well early game in ganking and get a lot of gold, he does not come back in mid or late game. That's why his stun/slow isn't that great of a range; Rengar is not a champion that is to help you get kills, he is a champion that is meant to kill other champions.

First, let's talk about the Q. While I admit the potential to one-shot an opponent at level one is about as fair as segregated drinking fountains, but that's just it: The damage was the issue. However, Morello Nerf Master Suck Town did the absolute worst thing to Rengar: raise the cooldown of the Q. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Yes I understand that he can get it back immediately if he stacks the rage thing, but a good deal of the time players need to act fast rather than just focus on stacking his rage bar. Now if I want to gank successfully I better have all my rage stacked up or I'm just going to poke down half a peg of health and give away my position to the enemy jungler for counterjungling.

The sickest part of this nerf is that Rengar naturally falls off mid/late game snowballed or otherwise unless he builds for sustain. Oh boy, I'm sure glad you nerfed the cooldown on that Q! I'm sure glad that I'll be able to utilize my skillset in a viable way JUST AS I'M STARTING TO FALL OFF IN THE GAME.

Rengar's W was stupid, and AP Rengar was stupid. I'm not talking about the people who built AP Rengar, they were just taking advantage of terrible design ideas. I mean, they didn't expect AP Rengar, as you saw no AP items in the suggested items list, but people are smart enough to exploit the terrible design idea. It was a reasonable nerf as Riot wanted people to play him AD not AP; this isn't Teemo we're discussing. However, it's everything else getting nerfed that bothers me far more; Armor and MR boost nerf? Really? This isn't necessary; you're just killing Rengar off as a champion, and it's quite apparent that you don't care because you pretty much just announced the creation of Rengar 2.0: Kha'Zix.

Thanks Riot; I find a recent jungler that I actually like as much as Nocturne, and you kill him off a not a WEEK AFTER HIS HOTFIX.

Sh00t3rman

09-27-2012

Please allow full price selling on items if we haven't left the platform yet. I don't know how many times I've missclicked on the wrong item...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZaHellman View Post
Please do this in the shop aswell. It happens a lot that I misclick when going into damage or defense and holding the button pressed in doesn't stop me from going into the one I didn't wanna go into.

SnowballingGirls

09-27-2012

Am I the only one who thinks that Riot is patching less and less after each sonsecutive patch?
-
- I mean like 3 -5 months ago in each and every patch they tweaked like 9-13 champs per patch, and now these patch notes have become considerably shorter....
-
- It's not that what they are patching is not OK cause it is actually fine but there are so many champs that have slipped down throught the sewers of oblivion let alone mention the "Melee AD Carry problem" what shares the same fate as what the "Stealth rework" used to have... We had to wait for 2 years till they have "touched" the whole issue and as a matter of fact Eve is well.... about the same considering her strength, but Twitch has really hit rock-bottom.... according to LoL-king he is one of the most rarely picked champs and has a below 50% win rate....
-
- TL;DR: Why have the patch notes become so short recently even tho there would still be quite a few things to fix/balance e.g. "melee AD carries"....

Be king

09-27-2012

buff on syndra are kinda useless those buff are more for early game when her probleme is late game, but AP ratio buff was a good idea lets see how it work.

Doom2all

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2012

so happy you fixed the level up bug, thank you riot

Kunanaki

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryujin55669 View Post
lol. how long before syndra nerfed? They do this with every character release. 1) release character 2) people don't know how to use the character yet 3) people claim character is underpowered when in fact they don't fully understand how to use the character 4) character buffed 5) people become accustomed to using character 6) character becomes overpowered and more people buy it 7) character nerfed.
Not EVERY Character Release has this pattern.

Rengar had a pretty shaky jungle in the early levels to start with, and this patch is nudging him from jungle into lane. The problem with that shift is there are several Top Lane characters who are much stronger in lane.

I'm really looking forward to the new Champion. Sorta wondering though when they'll release a new ADC or Support, Last few have been either AP Mid or Junglers.

Havocin

09-27-2012

Seriously now we nerf rengar?

is it just me or does it feel like this might have something to do with Kha'zix coming out sometime soon. He seems way to similar to rengar and now rengar gets a nerf. sure the time increase on the Savagery is reasonable... but battle cry didn't need the armor/mr reduced. not when the new guy can take reduced damage in stealth. just saying, seems a little like manipulating the market rather than fixing a champ.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

wow nerfed Rengar back to uselessness

shouldn't there be a video where you try to explain how he is going to be of any use to a team late game now?