Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


When someone leaves at the BEGINNING....

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lcr2003

Member

09-23-2010

When someone leaves at the BEGINNING of a match...before minions have spawned....why do we lose rating!?!?


Especially when another person follows suit immediately after the first leaver. LITERALLY 8 of my last 10 games theres been a minute-one AFKer on my team -- never a SINGLE AFKER on the opposing team.

5 out of these 8 games turned from a 4v5 into a 3v5 when a 2nd player immediately left following the first.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT -- It should be noted: If your team has a minute-one leave, just feed the enemy team intentionally as fast as possible. They should be able to end a 3v5 feeder game around the 10 minutes mark; as opposed to waiting 30 minutes !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amiithystine

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Because riot can't figure out how to fix it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shashakiro

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Lcr2003:

EDIT -- It should be noted: If your team has a minute-one leave, just feed the enemy team intentionally as fast as possible. They should be able to end a 3v5 feeder game around the 10 minutes mark; as opposed to waiting 30 minutes !


ib4 people come in and scream for you to be banned for so much as suggesting this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TombMonkey

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Lcr2003:
When someone leaves at the BEGINNING of a match...before minions have spawned....why do we lose rating!?!?


Especially when another person follows suit immediately after the first leaver. LITERALLY 8 of my last 10 games theres been a minute-one AFKer on my team -- never a SINGLE AFKER on the opposing team.

5 out of these 8 games turned from a 4v5 into a 3v5 when a 2nd player immediately left following the first.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT -- It should be noted: If your team has a minute-one leave, just feed the enemy team intentionally as fast as possible. They should be able to end a 3v5 feeder game around the 10 minutes mark; as opposed to waiting 30 minutes !


There are people stubborn enough to say you can win 3v5. I just lol and feed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shashakiro

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Also: because otherwise, it would be abusable. One person leaves; the rest play a 4v5 where they can't lose Elo and can only gain it. Riot wants to make sure that absolutely no in-game mechanic can POSSIBLY encourage leaving.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praul

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Shashakiro:
Also: because otherwise, it would be abusable. One person leaves; the rest play a 4v5 where they can't lose Elo and can only gain it. Riot wants to make sure that absolutely no in-game mechanic can POSSIBLY encourage leaving.


Yeah because the current setup doesn't encourage leaving.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miirik

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
TombMonkey:
There are people stubborn enough to say you can win 3v5. I just lol and feed.



it's a super mega rare occurence but it does happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoQiDaDaoLian

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Lcr2003:
When someone leaves at the BEGINNING of a match...before minions have spawned....why do we lose rating!?!?


Especially when another person follows suit immediately after the first leaver. LITERALLY 8 of my last 10 games theres been a minute-one AFKer on my team -- never a SINGLE AFKER on the opposing team.

5 out of these 8 games turned from a 4v5 into a 3v5 when a 2nd player immediately left following the first.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT -- It should be noted: If your team has a minute-one leave, just feed the enemy team intentionally as fast as possible. They should be able to end a 3v5 feeder game around the 10 minutes mark; as opposed to waiting 30 minutes !


Because it can easily be abused by 5 man premades.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrTwister

Senior Member

09-23-2010

If it's a normal game, who cares. Just play and have fun. But I agree and it's happened to me before. If someone is AFK/Leaves before game even starts, Ryze Bot should come to your rescue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EquisScry

Senior Member

09-23-2010

Quote:
Shashakiro:
ib4 people come in and scream for you to be banned for so much as suggesting this.


If your 2 teamates agree to do it, fine. I've won a 3v5 once, and it was one of the most memorable games I've ever had. Give it a shot, see if the enemy plays badly. If they suck and you can grab kills early, try to win. Otherwise give up asap and ask your teamates to dance in spawn with you.

In a 4v5, try to win until you are certain of defeat.


123