Who should I be?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fishbutt2

10-26-2009

I play alot of instant games where I just click and wait. I'm trying to figure out what most teams need, and I beleive it is a tank. Any opinion? Mostly I see both teams with one Ryze and 2 major dps. (Like Jax ect. ) Any tips on characters you pick to fill roles?

Melee team - Jax
Mages - ?
Burst Damage - ?Malphite?

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

I like the way you think, because most people will simply pick the champ they like/can play well.
Good teammates will try to fill the void, by picking whatever role is not represented well.

It seems a lot of people don't like to pick tanks, although they can be very fun and can still get kills.
I personally enjoy Amumu and Alistar quite a bit. All the tanks are good in their own ways.

Learning how to play multiple champs is always good in these types of games.

fishbutt2

10-26-2009

yeah in dota i would always go str or agi depending. or antim-mage.

skoalar

10-27-2009

malphite, amumu, and singed are my 3 favorite tanks. They are hard as hell to kill AND pose a huge offensive threat. Get pro with any of these guys and your teammates will love you.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbutt2 View Post
yeah in dota i would always go str or agi depending. or antim-mage.
If you liked Anti-Mage, Kassadin is similar, but he plays like a WoW mage. You need to be quick with your spells.

Anyways, I like all the tanks. They're all good in their own way like I said. Pick one or two and learn them and I'm sure you'll enjoy at least one of them. I've been learning Alistar lately and he is pretty awesome.

jozu

10-27-2009

your definitely a step ahead by considering rounding out the team over "phat dps". To me the most important thing is to play what you enjoy which will then affect how well you play it. That being said, if you think you would like playing a tank (which is definitely an underrepresented class type) I would say amumu and singed are the two best. blitzcrank and malphite can also be very good.

lastly, just know that playing a support class while solo queuing can be an exercise in frustration.

fishbutt2

11-18-2009

Just incase someone notices this, I strongly recommend choosing one character. I usually go with Yi, which lead me to Twitch. This matter because learning Yi gave me a competent starting ground and items build to tweak. I could also compare power and abilities (for usefulness)

Food for thought. Pick and be sucessful, best choice - Ryze (talk to team alot and get AP)

HereticalCrab

11-18-2009

You either play with a tank as far as the team make up goes or else you play with a bunch of dpsers and grab a **** ton of bloodrazors.

mermin

11-18-2009

be who you wanna be, follow your dreams