Challenging the meta? or just common sense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dxG Skumbagz

09-24-2012

Anytime my team can't take and/or hold top, i tend to tell my team to just help bot and defend our mid and bottom from getting back-capped. Reasons for not being able to hold top could be bad team comps, no teamwork, or just bad players or a combination of any of these. It happens to everyone. But alot of games when i see the enemy team rush top and take it , and i know that we have been losing top alot, i tend to help my bot laner take their bot and depending on how good he is, we can defend vs 3 enemies giving us a chance to retake top. One game, Me(Orianna) and a Diana defended vs 3-4 enemies for 250 points straight. It got so bad for the enemy team that they just gave up bot and went somewhere else.

Usually in close games it can be risky to push to their mid when you have top and bot already. Its usually best to just hold or have a coordinated gank in the jungles. I think thats how bot should be treated whenever you can't take top. Bot laner should be helped and it should be treated as if it were top. Obviously the only problem is that its close to the enemy base but it can make for a nice choke point which i have done personally many times.

Screenshot provided so theres no confusion :

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Welcome to dominion!

onisnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2012

The best bet is to hold your mid,top,and bot and just defend those. Don't be risky to take out other points when you have all you need. You can wait near the speed shrine or the brush above storm shield to react to wherever they go.

dxG Skumbagz

09-24-2012

Not saying that holding top is bad..its just when some teams keep going top when they cant take it and their Bot laner is wrecking bot, its just better to help him so you hold it as long as possible while defending mid and bot from being backcapped. If you kill enough of them , then taking top is ok. Sometimes this doesnt work..but ive been in many games where we carried our team by doing this at bot.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

more like common sense, if i see that you cant take top i'll start all out agressiveness at bot, it usually draws ones or two teammates attention into helping getting bot also, i dont exactly defend that bot, rather delay the cap until we have top i've managed to win one or two games by neutralizing their bot and just keeping it neutral, if tp lane is gotten while i'm delaying their bot then i just let them recap their bor go base and buy and start bot laning again.

Fabs457

09-24-2012

Pushing bot/ganking when top is a no-go can be extremely effective, especially if it allows your team to get control of the jungle while 2+ of the opposition sit on top wondering where everyone is. It gives you number advantages which is key to cap/neutralize other towers safely. Unfortunately, communication is usually a problem and a lot of players only use chat for flaming others.

dxG Skumbagz

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs457 View Post
while 2+ of the opposition sit on top wondering where everyone is.

This too

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-24-2012

The other common option when you don't hold top is to back cap mid with your team waiting in ambush at the speed shrine.

dxG Skumbagz

09-24-2012

That can work but can be risky if 3-4 enemies are alive unless you know where they are. And when your bot laner capped their bot lane and is getting 1v2'ed its good to help defend him so you dont lose it. This forces them to send 2-3 bot and then top has an advantage. Just won a game doing that as a bot laner.

I always Press tab and check whos dead on their team. and how many enemies i see on the map. I do the math and guess how many people could possibly show up.

AgaresOaks

09-24-2012

Insanity can be defined as repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

If you aren't breaking top, don't keep sending the same 4 guys to try and break it.