so...

yes 15 24.19%
no 47 75.81%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

disable revive in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Kassadin's a must-ban in competitive dominion. Lets remove him from the roster to save an additional ban.

FDru

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightestStarr View Post
disable flash in summoner's rift?

It's become mandatory in competitive play. So much so that everyone might as well have only one summoner slot. So just get rid of it and open up some new strategies.
Stupid analogy, stop bringing it up. Everyone takes Flash on SR to counter Flash, but Ghost is a perfectly competitive alternative and many bruisers run it instead with great success. Go ahead and tell me what SS is competitive with Revive in dominion. What SS is even remotely comparable? There is none.

However remove Revive and you'll see 10 Garrisons every game. Which is the 2nd spell that needs looked at, because its defensive usage is completely overpowered.

Phourc

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
However remove Revive and you'll see 10 Garrisons every game. Which is the 2nd spell that needs looked at, because its defensive usage is completely overpowered.
Dat tower heal D:

Shamanb

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireReno View Post
Um...All of them? It's a choice whether or people choose to take Revive. Hell you could have the entire team run heal to maximize survival rather than skipping death timer if you wanted to.
Here's our winner !!!

Revive is not mandatory...

Fledrel

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirateHooker View Post
It's become mandatory in competitive play. So much so that everyone might as well have only one summoner slot. So just get rid of it and open up some new strategies.
My 4 man blind premade of friends hit a team with 5 revives and 4 garrison. they were bragging about how they play dominion tourny all the time. All it was for us was bigger killstreaks, and Only one of us even uses revive. Better team-play will out do revive in Every case. Granted I am playing Blind not draft. But, most would consider that a harder matchup.

It is a powerful tool, however it is hardly the best thing to use. Truthfully revive is best if your team is winning. Otherwise it wont change much.

To those complaining about garrison it not all that great either. Granted, It has its clutch moments just like revive and promote. Every champ on the team taking the same spells hurts more than it helps.

Phourc

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledrel View Post
It is a powerful tool, however it is hardly the best thing to use. Truthfully revive is best if your team is winning. Otherwise it wont change much.

To those complaining about garrison it not all that great either. Granted, It has its clutch moments just like revive and promote. Every champ on the team taking the same spells hurts more than it helps.
I'd actually say Revive is most powerful when your team is losing - try taking my bot or mid point when I'm dead and my revive is up. I'll be running at you like a bat out of hell with the speed boost, 400 bonus HP and a full HP/MP recovery since you saw me last.

Look at it this way: Maybe you can kill me once. But doing it again without going back to heal and/or without your cooldowns you blew the first time - is actually pretty damned hard.

Similarly, Garrison also shuts down a cap attempt hard: it's a ranged cap interrupt for those who don't have good poke (stops EVERY enemy currently channeling), boosts tower damage and heals the **** out of the tower. If you watch the DD tournaments you'll see a lot of moments where a single garrison completely stops a tower from changing hands.

Promote is honestly ****, not even remotely comparable to revive or garrison. Maybe if it got some late-game scaling it'd be worth it, as it is it's just not very impressive past the very early game.

Fledrel

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I'd actually say Revive is most powerful when your team is losing - try taking my bot or mid point when I'm dead and my revive is up. I'll be running at you like a bat out of hell with the speed boost, 400 bonus HP and a full HP/MP recovery since you saw me last.
and you will most likely just die again unless you wait for your team in which case you might as well waited for the death timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Similarly, Garrison also shuts down a cap attempt hard: it's a ranged cap interrupt for those who don't have good poke (stops EVERY enemy currently channeling), boosts tower damage and heals the **** out of the tower. If you watch the DD tournaments you'll see a lot of moments where a single garrison completely stops a tower from changing hands.
A garrison will stop people from channeling yes... however a moment later the tower is just turned back off from them capping the point again. Don't know how many times i tank under a garrisoned turret and we still win because of teamwork with keeping the tower off. Or we just throw a promoted minion at the garrisoned turret and still charge in and win.

IMO garrison is better than revive. But if everyone on the team is running the same revive/garrison they are just asking to get ganked in the jungle. All it takes is to split up the team and then everyone will have revive at different times and be easy to mop up.

EDIT: don't get me wrong this is all just my opinion. For myself though, I just laugh to myself when I see an all revive/garrison team. If your a better player with revive/garrison, then by all means do it. You can't really say which spells are better or worse, with exception of a few. They are all situational and as such it is nearly impossible to say which is better. Plus just cause you have it doesn't mean you need to use it as often as possible.

@OP though if you don't want to take revive/garrison then don't. Play with the spells that enhance your usual gameplay. Have fun, after all this is a game. Just be aware of who has revive and plan accordingly. Also if you take revive and die that doesn't mean you need to use it right away. Sometimes it's better to wait for the death timer and save your revive for a better situation.

Phourc

09-24-2012

Welp, then you haven't seen either of those spells used right, I guess.

If you're using revive, and then immediately dying, you're doing it wrong. I have used it for so many clutch saves, I just can't run without it.

Also: good luck winning the first teamfight versus a team with revives xP

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Stupid analogy, stop bringing it up. Everyone takes Flash on SR to counter Flash, but Ghost is a perfectly competitive alternative and many bruisers run it instead with great success. Go ahead and tell me what SS is competitive with Revive in dominion. What SS is even remotely comparable? There is none.

10 Garrison would be far worse for gameplay than 10 revive.

inFe eD

09-24-2012

Dominion filter strikes again!