Is Taric considered OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

09-24-2012

My main 2 spots are jungling and support and for the longest time I avoided Taric just because I was sick of seeing him. Finally, I broke down and bought him. I've done extremely well with him so far. But I notice he is really easy, I mean stupidly easy and his utility is so broad that I feel like I am OP the entire game. I don't think I've ever lost a lane with him and I've yet to allow a jungle gank to succeed.

As I expected according to lolking, Taric is the most played support but I rarely if ever see "Nerf Taric" threads and I'm curious as to why. I don't mind him the way he is and I don't necessarily think he needs a nerf but the lack of QQ about him seems odd. I know as support I can't really carry a game but unless the other lanes fed hard (the losses on my record with him) it sure seems like my contribution is tipping the scales in our favor.

Garogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
I know as support I can't really carry a game.
Pretty much that, when's the last time you saw any support OP threads?

Taric's easily my "main" support (terribad with any other support) but I don't think he's OP anyhow.
He's got a phenomenal kit for the way the current meta plays out which is why he's the most played support out there. A heal that heals both your carry and yourself (which makes split harassing nearly useless), a stun to secure kills or stop a ganker dead in their tracks, and an armor buff for you and your carry.
He's a very well made champion in that his kit works great and he scales at a nice pace.

He would definitely be OP if he had higher ratios on his abilities but as they are he's in a good place and can be a game changer when in the hands of a skilled player.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

he's not exactly op but he's got the highest support play rate, i'm assuming due to his auras and being the most reliable support. anyone else like sona janna are stronger if u just look at numbers but you can't lock someone down as reliably.

Keitterman

09-24-2012

A lot of people do not consider the strong presence Taric provides. They think "support is support", but if you're going to ban a Support, do consider that Taric has a buff that reduces incomming AD, and his heal hits two targets, as well as a stun with a pretty decent range... sounds like a pretty great support... and he is.

Furthermore, he's one of the most played supports in all ranked play.

OP? no, a strong team pick? yes. That's why I always suggest we ban him instead of say, Alistar... but I get told no a lot... and Ali gets banned...

Steamdrice

09-24-2012

His capability for burst at 6, his armor aura to himself and his team, his activatable armor debuff for the other team, his heal, and stun, his ulti ad/ap buff. I personally don't prefer Taric as he is extremely boring, but there is no denying he is a strong support. I personally prefer Leona, Sona, Janna, Blitz, Nunu, anyone else BUT Taric. I seem to do fine for 1500 elo