Rengar question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuliaGillardxo

09-24-2012

Ok so when i was playing top today i was matched against Rengar. He got four stacks of his passive then went into the bush jumped onto me and insta killed me with ignite. I had armour runes on as well. I'm not saying he is unbeatable i'm just wondering how can you beat him if anyone has tips or experience?

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Teemo, and stay away from bushes early game.

JuliaGillardxo

09-24-2012

I was thinking that, but then wouldn't he just zone you out and you would lose your lane anyway?

GEARS3OWNS

09-24-2012

Stay far away from the bush. He doesn't have a jump if he's outisde of the bush, and the jump range from the bush isn't long enough to cover the entire lane.

JuliaGillardxo

09-24-2012

Thanks for your advice , so basically to play top against him you need constant ward coverage from river and tri bush just to farm :P Anyway i hope he scaled back in the next patch

GEARS3OWNS

09-24-2012

I wouldn't say the he needs to be scaled back. He's fine, just keep tabs on his fury and if he's mia watch the bushes. Wards would be a big help, like you mentioned.

susejevoli

09-24-2012

Pantheon is a pretty hard counter to Rengar. Even if he jumps from the brush his initial attack gets blocked via Pantheon's passive. And the stun from Pantheon's W is long enough to outlast the attack speed increase Rengar receives from his Q.

iPrecision

09-24-2012

Play poppy and make him fear the brush. Use wards and ram him into the wall and Q him and then run. Become the Monster.

Soul Relay

09-24-2012

I've been playing rengar solo top a lot in ranked lately since they hotfixed him and he is so amazing solo top. I liked him before now I really like him. He excels at burst damage with his double q combo. If he can bully he will and against people with under 700 health at level 4 he can get a kill with ignite for sure. What I really like about him is how flexible he is. If he is behind he can save his enhanced skill for roar to keep him in lane against a stronger opponent or he can use it to destroy a jungler that comes to gank with just a little less hp then he should have to survive your burst. That said there are two primary ways to counter him.

1) Play a champion that can take a beating like a boss. ie shen, singed ect. They can stalemate the lane and without kills rengar will be forced to roam to get stacks on his unique item. You can stop him by also being a strong pusher. This means tanky pushers like singed, yorick will excel at keeping him from getting kills and thus getting out of control when mid game rolls around.

2) Play a champion that can out bully him. This one is hard and more risky but it can be done. Remember that he becomes much harder to deal with once he gets his other skills. For this reason champions with amazing level 1-2 damage are ideal to counter him. I've played many ranked games and only had substantial trouble against darius and rumble although other strong burst champions could probably also do the trick such as talon or renekton.

TIPS: the best tip I can give you is ward your bushes or stay on the far side of the lane from the lane bushes. He can still do some fancy footwork to try and get you by jumping on a minion and hitting a bola strike on you but in general the far side of the lane is out of range from his passive. And always remember at level 6 and on you are never safe in lane if you think he left. Unless you physically saw him recall you can't be certain so unless you can take one more of his full combo run like hell. His ult has low cooldown especially at higher ranks. It can be used to make a surprise ambush to get you after an unsuccessful burst combo. If you have denied him kills and denied or forced him from roaming to get kills you have officially won your lane. Rengar has an amazing burst and is best at early and mid game when he can ambush people alone at blue, red, or just out in a lane alone. Late game as a bruiser or tank that went top against him you need to stick to your carry like glue. Rengar has amazing burst even to late game but puts himself into vulnerable situation if he used his ult to get to your carry. He can kill a carry incredibly fast in a couple of hits and due to his ultimate it is imperative at least one person with a hard cc stays with your carry at all times to stop him before he assassinates your primary source of damage from behind. It should be noted that his primary drawback is his movement speed. Know this and capitalize on it with people who can kite him once he reveals himself. He can itemize to try overcome this with a ghostblade and frozen mallet but a single well timed cc can put much needed distance between you and him. Fight in the open and don't try to use bushes to escape him.

Saereth

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPrecision View Post
Play poppy and make him fear the brush. Use wards and ram him into the wall and Q him and then run. Become the Monster.
I can agree with this SOOO much, as an avid Rengar player, poppy is the bane of your existence. Teemo not so much as being implied, it's still a hard fight for him, you're going to jump and double q instantly, then you'll get blinded while you WE, then the blind is gone and he runs off ignited to die. Teemos that build early health/armor to survive the burst and shroom the bushes heavily however can end up winning, it will just be a rough early few levels.