RiotGuinsoo, take note: I've won my last 18 Dominion games...as Karma!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
It's the idea that a lot of players have:

"Oh, Karma must be bad all around, that's why they're being forced to remake her."

Karma as she currently is, is still one of the better bot laners out there. She just requires a bit of skill to play correctly. I had one guy who was using Varus rag on me all game long for playing Karma, saying Karma wasn't viable period, that's why they were remaking her. He spent the entire game QQing about the Karma pick rather than playing, and we lost in a close one. The next game I was against him, and I got tons of pleasure from destroying him every single time we faced off, and we crushed their team. He had some other excuse about why they lost, of course.
In my opinion all of the other supports have been nerfed so much, that on SR she's actually a really solid support.

DiscworldDeath

03-08-2013

Quote:
Yes I realize I'm necroing this.

What do you think, CC? Did Riot go too far?
Considering we only got details on her visual rework, can't really tell...

She is the only champion with a scaling missing HP AoE heal in the game though...

Her win-rate is atrocious, and you'd think players who play her are those who truly care for and mastered the champion.

Dunno, even if powerful, and has a lot of utility, I don't really enjoy playing Karma when I try her out. I can understand not everyone likes the same things, obviously, but I am curious what they'll do to her.

The visual rework however is pretty sweet. No more waddling duck walk!

P.S. She has over 50% win-rate in ARAM. Go go AoE heal/damage/ms (de+)buff, and shields.

CombatCube

03-20-2013

Quote:
Yes I realize I'm necroing this.

What do you think, CC? Did Riot go too far?
I do realize that she's losing a lot of stuff I love (like the AoE % missing heal and AP per % missing health) but it looks like they're just moving everything around.
  • Her old passive is sort of like the new RW, as it's intended to give Karma some extra punch when she's low (and it's much more effective if you can just give her health rather than force her to operate on low health.)
  • The old Q1 is like the new Q1, except the new Q1 is ranged.
  • The old Q2 is like the new E2, but the new E2 is bigger and is an AoE shield instead of an AoE heal.
  • The old W1/W2 is now part of the new Q and the new E (slow, speed, and damage).
  • The old E1 is very similar to the new E1.
  • The old E2 is very similar to the new E2.

As for the other new spells, Q2 becomes a really powerful Q, and W becomes a root. I don't really like her new passive though; it should be part of her ultimate.

I can't say how much I'll like this until the actual games. It looks like they did a pretty good job though, preserving her core gameplay while bringing her up to par.

I kinda hope they'll re-implement AoE % missing heal and AP per % missing health and even ranged slow/self tether in some other way, perhaps as abilities for a new champion or items.

naotasan

03-20-2013

I've been playing Karma a lot more to get it in before its gone

NamKim

03-20-2013

Karma's kit rework, unfortunately, was done to make her better suited to the meta. Karma was in a really awkward spot in SR. She lacked the utility (aka CC) that other supports could bring, she needed gold to make her spells be effective so couldn't handle the 0-CS Support meta, but she couldn't scale hard enough to be considered an AP carry. I heard of people taking her solo top and being successful. It didn't help Karma's popularity that everyone felt the need to spam Mantra every time it was up instead of saving it.

I did pride myself a little in the fact that I could play Karma in any map mode and make her work. I am, however, going to give this new Karma a fair chance before judging. I read some of the thought that went behind Karma's rework and I can respect Riot's decision to do what they did.

I suggest others give new Karma a serious chance to prove herself. After all, we're Dominion players. How many people label Dominion negatively before actually giving it a serious go? I hate people like that, which is why I don't want to become someone like that.

Old Karma will always be missed, but even Saruon admitted that old Karma needed a rework in order to thrive in Dominion.

Edit: I'll put a little list of stuff I will be looking at when I start playing the new Karma when she goes live so Riot can still play around with numbers.
1) What is the purpose of her kit (offensive, defensive, utility, etc.). I need to actually play her to know.
2) How did Riot compensate for the fact that each of Karma's spell has six level?

One of the larger complaints against Karma was that Karma's spell needed to reach their six level to match someone else's level five spell. Giving Karma a disadvantage against others. Rather this was true or not is up to you.

3) How is her new Mantra?
Riot decided to give Karma one mantra charge but really give Karma's mantra-infused spells a real punch. Her passive now reduces the cooldown on Mantra, which was another major complaint towards Karma.

Those three are the only ones on top of my head.

I really do want to give this Karma a chance to prove herself to me. Karma was my first main champion in all of League of Legends. She is an important champion to me and I will admit that I have been ignoring her for quite some time.