Soraka Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderfrog

09-24-2012

To start..

Yes, I'm not that good. I'm around 900-1000 elo depending on my good or bad streaks and that's probably where I deserve to be.

That said,

I don't know what to do with Soraka late game. Should I build heavy AP? I'm really effective and good at keeping up my ADC with heals and exhaust and eating a few ranged pokes intended for them.

Late game though, my super low CD heal just isnt very effective when a carry or champion is getting hammered by 3 enemy champs. Sure, I'll save a few deaths with exhausts and my ult but as the enemy team gets better gear this becomes harder to do.

Advice?

Steamdrice

09-24-2012

The heals/armor is plenty fine on your adc or whoever is getting thunked on. But remember it is a 5 man team, and IMO, Soraka does her job well, and her job does NOT include peeling. That being said, don't expect to be the sole savior of your team, rely on the people who can peel.

Thunderfrog

09-24-2012

Thats sound advice. I just wish I could do more than Heal Carry -> Starfire -> Silence an Ult or Channel or AP -> Run away out of jumping distance.

I rarely die with Soraka (Last game, 2/1/25) but I worry I'm being either too timid/scared or not being useful enough.

Kagami

09-24-2012

If you don't go mid as AP soraka, then you want to go for utility items (Shur, Aegis, Zeke, Iron Locket, etc) as support your income in simply too low to go AP viably, and Shur/Locket both build out of gp10 which you need to get early game for income.

Thunderfrog

09-24-2012

I remember Soraka Mid being a thing after her heal change and ratio buff last year or so, but do people still do that?

Kagami

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfrog View Post
I remember Soraka Mid being a thing after her heal change and ratio buff last year or so, but do people still do that?
Sometimes, but I wouldn't say it's really common either.

The Bodhisattva

09-24-2012

Buy a Rylais after your 2-3 gp10 items.
Spam Q.
Pray your team isn't retarded.
Win.

Minute 31

09-24-2012

Raka is one of the only supports I will pick up an AP item on as my last item, after Shurelya's, Randuin's or Locket and Aegis, I normally pick up either Abyssal Scepter or Rylais to amp up my team utility.

blissless

09-24-2012

at 1000 elo don't bother playing straight up support soraka. you can actually kill teams with a little AP at that level.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

For Soraka you want reduced CD more than anything, that silence is extremely powerful if used in the proper situations, you can silence a lot of ults and abilities that would otherwise turn the tide of the entire fight. Your heals are super powerful and starfall does very good sustained dmg in a team fight, just put yourself in the middle and it is very helpful.

If the other team is stupid enough to target you then your carries should be able to clean up without a problem.