Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No tank week.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncIe Ruckus

09-23-2010

Quote:
Tyhan:
Plus, you're level 18. You don't need tanks. At level 18 I've won games with 5 melee DPS champions.

True, and so have I, especially this week. But get one good Amumu/Rammus on the other team when your whole team is DPS carries and watch everything fall apart pretty quickly. ;P

The team with a good tank who knows how to back him up will usually win against the team with no tank... From what I have seen so far. Also, having no initiator makes starting off big team fights like a ******ed ballet of who's going to overextend first...

hfok

Recruiter

09-23-2010

Blitzcrank?

haithere

09-23-2010

If your team doesn't grab tanks, doesn't that more than likely mean that the other team isn't grabbing tanks?

UncIe Ruckus

09-23-2010

Blitz is decent. But as I said before he is pretty mediocre when compared to other tanks... You can practically ignore him late game unless he was fed.

Maybe I just haven't seen any really good Blitz players. Every time I see a Blitz doing good they usually fade out by the end of the game because they can't do enough damage.

TheMountainGoat

09-23-2010

Quote:
Tecnologic:
Vlad can tank

i feel so safe with vladamir around to protect me.

vlad tanks for himself. it's hard to kill him. he can't do jack **** to save his teammates. tanks are supposed to make it hard to kill someone else and themselves at the same time

Sfyri Ithikos

09-23-2010

Quote:
UncIe Ruckus:
1. I said I played at least 20 games as the tank... I try to be fair and pick whatever my team needs, but I mean come on... I would also like to play some of my other champs!

It wouldn't be so bad if I also had other tanks like Udyr and Rammus unlocked, but Amumu is all I have right now. Even if I pick Kog Maw first before anyone picks, everyone ends up a squishy so I change to Amumu. Not greedy, just tired. ;P

2. By good tanks I mean champs who are basically pure tanks (usually have an initiator or stun too) Best examples would be Chogath, Rammus, Amumu, and Udyr (hell even Garen or WW would be nice.)

I'd also like to add that I don't think there's enough choices for big tanks... Next new champion should be a big beefy female tank, lol...

I know, but that's my response to people who throw the "you're being selfish" card around. I play tanks a lot too, i main rammus for my premade so i understand the frustration of being stuck in one role very well. and for me that's why i don't really play tanks outside of my premade unless i'm really craving playing one because i play one so much already, i can't play anything else with my group until they learn to play a tank well.

And as for tanks i think cho and udyr are only so-so tanks. For my i think the best tanks are rammus, amumu, nunu, shen, blitz and gragas and that's simply because all of them have some sort of abilitiy which benefits the group or can really work against the enemy team. Blitz is great because of his rocket grab, knock up and AoE silence, shen is good because of his taunt and shields, rammus is great for holding a player still and initiating a fight (why i play him a lot), amumu's really just an awesome tank all together, gragas ult can be devastating in a team fight, and he comes with a slow (which helps). Nunu, blood boil, ult, ice ball (need i say more).

Cho'gath really is more of a nuker with a lot of health and Udyr is primarily a DPS with a stun, a self shield and a dot and AoE attack.

Xion Moonray

09-23-2010

Tanks are not Casters.

Tanks are not DPSers.

Tanks are Tanks.

If I see one more AP Blitzcrank or AD Sion, I am going to punch a koala.

Do it for the koala.

Xinoxlx

09-23-2010

Quote:
UncIe Ruckus:
Blitz is decent. But as I said before he is pretty mediocre when compared to other tanks... You can practically ignore him late game unless he was fed.

Maybe I just haven't seen any really good Blitz players. Every time I see a Blitz doing good they usually fade out by the end of the game because they can't do enough damage.

No that's just how blitz is from someone who owns him. Blitz's value as a tank is directly related to how many grabs he can land. Even with sheen your powerfist does nothing more then a melee crit.

Blitz is there to:

Grab squishes / tanks away from your team's carries.
Knock-up their carries so yours can get the kill.
Finally to get near their casters and silence them + do a small amount of burst.

At level 6 your burst of Grab + fist + ult is almost enough to kill them outright, but past that you'll be lucky to do enough to take most heroes down to half health.

Also wards screw you over very hard.

Parjanya

09-23-2010

sion is fine, especially at your level, so is blitz, and you are right, this doesn't affect higher level players at all. Also at your level, you could probably get away with some very silly team comps

Petrichor1

09-23-2010

Ahhh that brings back memories where a level 15 summoner told me (Pantheon) to tank the middle fight. I was like are you serious? And he replied yea dumbarse what do you think that big shield is for? Not for tanking thats for sure because real men do not use sheilds to protect themselves. They use it to hit people...........