Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No tank week.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncIe Ruckus

09-23-2010

Let me first start off by saying that I'm only level 18 so I haven't played any ranked games yet. But I feel Riot really dropped the ball with the free heroes this week...

Since the hero rotation I have been seeing people picking teams made up entirely of squishies... No big deal, I'll just pick my trusty Amumu!

Sooo, 20 or so odd games later of pretty much playing Amumu everytime due to lack of people picking tanks, I'm seriously getting bored of being the tank every game... Which is stupid because if I don't pick one, nobody does.

I guess the problem wouldn't affect high level players, but playing with low level players who don't have many heroes unlocked, and the so called "tanks" this week don't fulfill their role too well... Sion falls apart to stuns, Blitz is just plain mediocre, and I even heard that Kassadin can be pretty tankish but still falls short of being a true tank.

On top of that, they added a lot of powerful nuking heroes and DPSer's with very few initiators... Miss Fortune players who are good with her are laughing.

TL;DR: Riot, make sure there's always a good big tank to pick in free heroes please... And to people who have tanks and choose not to pick them, stop being greedy!

Autocthon

09-23-2010

I play Cho'gath in my matches this week... I got him just because I knew there'd be no real good tanks available.

Except a good Blitz... seriously, rocket grabbing people gets them killed when they're all squishies.

if I'm lucky I get to play Kass or Malz when somebody else grabs the tank, haven't seen any good Kass players yet though, and that's coming from someone who plays Hybrid just so he doesn't get eaten alive by the odd physical DPS that gets thrown in.

Sfyri Ithikos

09-23-2010

1st) Aren't you technically being greedy by placing the burden of tanking on someone else?

2nd) By "good tanks" what do you mean? that there's always a 3150 IP tank availible (or amumu)?

Krath4

09-23-2010

I play DPS/Off Tank Mundo and Tank Udyr in every single solo queue match.

I haven't lost a match with either of them yet and Udyr and Mundo are naturally great fun to play so it hasn't been boring, really.

Tecnologic

09-23-2010

Vlad can tank

Kaloryth

09-23-2010

Quote:
Tecnologic:
Vlad can tank

A real tank should have some kind of disable, cc... or anything.

Tyhan

09-23-2010

Quote:
Tecnologic:
Vlad can tank

No. Vlad can not tank. Vlad has survivability, but that doesn't fit the tank role at all. It's survivability that helps only him and no one else on the team (SANGUINE POOL ZHONYA'S RING LOL U CANT TARGET ME oh okay you'll just kill my entire team ). Blitz can tank. I've heard Sion can tank.

Plus, you're level 18. You don't need tanks. At level 18 I've won games with 5 melee DPS champions.

UncIe Ruckus

09-23-2010

Quote:
Sfyri Ithikos:
1st) Aren't you technically being greedy by placing the burden of tanking on someone else?

2nd) By "good tanks" what do you mean? that there's always a 3150 IP tank availible (or amumu)?

1. I said I played at least 20 games as the tank... I try to be fair and pick whatever my team needs, but I mean come on... I would also like to play some of my other champs!

It wouldn't be so bad if I also had other tanks like Udyr and Rammus unlocked, but Amumu is all I have right now. Even if I pick Kog Maw first before anyone picks, everyone ends up a squishy so I change to Amumu. Not greedy, just tired. ;P

2. By good tanks I mean champs who are basically pure tanks (usually have an initiator or stun too) Best examples would be Chogath, Rammus, Amumu, and Udyr (hell even Garen or WW would be nice.)

I'd also like to add that I don't think there's enough choices for big tanks... Next new champion should be a big beefy female tank, lol...

Asuya

09-23-2010

Quote:
Sfyri Ithikos:

Also, building Tank on Vlad kind of ruins the point of choosing Vlad in the first place.

brb getting sued

09-23-2010

Pick Master Yi, throw your whole team in as bait, run in and mop up

Whatever summoner level you are when you finally get shut down left and right as Master Yi is when you should start caring about tanks in your team comp